• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

AndyRVTR v Very Catalogue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: AndyRVTR v Very Catalogue

Your welcome Andy.

Sorry nothing came of this, but the FOS will take care of this now one way or the other, send them as much information as possible (copies of paperwork you have in relation to the insurance account).

Good luck.

Comment

Well..... nothing much to report about reaching any sort of outcome as yet.
      The FOS contacted Aviva and they have now sent 2 letters to me saying that they are still waiting for someone from Very to contact them and are chasing them up.
      A third letter was due from Aviva yesterday (another 15 working days), but I have not received that letter yet, even in their letter they are saying that they dont know if they are the company to answer my concerns!!

I feel now that I am just being messed around but what can I do???
      Do I go back to the FOS and tell them or do I get on the phone to Aviva/Very and try to sort this out myself??

Thanks as always guys...

Comment

Originally posted by AndyRVTR View Post
        Well..... nothing much to report about reaching any sort of outcome as yet.
        The FOS contacted Aviva and they have now sent 2 letters to me saying that they are still waiting for someone from Very to contact them and are chasing them up.
        A third letter was due from Aviva yesterday (another 15 working days), but I have not received that letter yet, even in their letter they are saying that they dont know if they are the company to answer my concerns!!

I feel now that I am just being messed around but what can I do???
        Do I go back to the FOS and tell them or do I get on the phone to Aviva/Very and try to sort this out myself??

Thanks as always guys...

Hi Andy

I know it's a right pain and a time consuming issue, but the FOS will or should investigate the relationships on the involvement of the insurance, they will try coming back to say they were not responsible, but they did have involvement for being the insurer and had/have responsibility to look after customers, the same as the catalogue business.
        The relationships will be investigated and the involvement etc, it does take more time and more investigations, and hopefully there will be a good result to come out of this.

However, you are free to contact the FOS when you like to raise any concerns you have.

Good luck. x

Comment

Andy, I will try my best to see if I can get some information in regards of VERY and the Insurer/underwriter, and post up here when I do find some x
          ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
          List of underwriters........

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q...SPDapUV44WBIpg

PPI Final Report: aPP 2.7

Page 9 and 10 down.
          Last edited by di30; 3rd February 2012, 10:58:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Hi Andy,

Yes, what Di says about investigations taking time is quite correct. When I was a CID officer, we had a case that started off with two defendants and, by the time the investigation was concluded two years later, we had 100 defendants.

As Di says, let the FOS carry on digging. You never know what they may uncover. And, who knows, you could come out of it not too badly off.

Bluebottle
            Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Hi guys, i'ts been some time since I last posted but just thought I would update this.
              The claim against Very is still ongoing, but the FOS have taken it down the insurer route, unfortunately due to their backlog it is still going to take some time until an decision is reached, roll on next year, maybe the year after, or after that.. :-)

Comment

Hi Andy

Hope your able to get this resolved by the FOS soon then, good luck.

Some of us have been successful in going this avenue by doing this outselves, but again it depends on how lenient the insurer/underwriter is too, as wording is important as well when making the complaint directly to them.

Please keep us posted, cheers.

Comment

... and it's still ongoing.... still no change!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X