• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

AndyRVTR v Very Catalogue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: AndyRVTR v Very Catalogue

Indeed as the saying goes "do not fight with a half loaded barrel"
    If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Hi guys.... well, it's been a while, but eventually got my SAR letter put together and sent off, and the paperwork has finally landed, including all copy statements that go as far back as July 2000.
      I guess now the fun really begins....

One question do I use the Stautory or Compound spreadsheet for claiming PPI interest
      Last edited by AndyRVTR; 18th June 2011, 15:13:PM. Reason: adding extra details

Comment

Originally posted by AndyRVTR View Post
        Hi guys.... well, it's been a while, but eventually got my SAR letter put together and sent off, and the paperwork has finally landed, including all copy statements that go as far back as July 2000.
        I guess now the fun really begins....

One question do I use the Stautory or Compound spreadsheet for claiming PPI interest

Hi Andy

Good luck on this and I'm sure the guys will let you know what to use for the interest via PPI.

Comment

Anyone???

Comment

Hi guys... sorry to be a pain, but can anyone give me an answer on my question above... time is ticking on and I really need some advice..
            Cheers as always

Comment

I believe you should only claim statutory interest, as lawyers seem unable to understand compound interest and claiming the latter might make the judge's brain hurt. :tinysmile_grin_t:

Comment

There are a couple of spreadsheets on here that you could use, work out both and then decide. If they have been using compounded interest, then go for that. Personally, I would fill in the spready using the rate that you have been charged at, which should show on your statements.
                Is no longer here

Comment

Thanks guys, I will send a letter asking for a full refund of all charges plus interest, and will keep you updated of my progress... :-)

Comment

Hi all... just a quick update.... My wife had a call from a lady at Very this afternoon asking if it would be ok for a manager to visit our home to discuss the last letter that I posted asking for a refund of all insurance payments. She made the appointment for next Tuesday after 6pm when I will also be available as she does not like to discuss these things without me being present. My question is..... is this normal practice? and also why do they want to talk, rather than correspond via letter? Anyone any suggestions??

Comment

They can tell lies in person which would be foolish to put in a letter.

Comment

No No No-----advice is always don't even discuss it on telephone----only by letter

Certainly not in a home visit---never heard that before-----dont do it mate-----they will send a very clever bloke adapt at getting you to say too much

Hi all... just a quick update.... My wife had a call from a lady at Very this afternoon asking if it would be ok for a manager to visit our home to discuss the last letter that I posted asking for a refund of all insurance payments. She made the appointment for next Tuesday after 6pm when I will also be available as she does not like to discuss these things without me being present. My question is..... is this normal practice? and also why do they want to talk, rather than correspond via letter? Anyone any suggestions??

Comment

Originally posted by Turboman View Post
                          No No No-----advice is always don't even discuss it on telephone----only by letter

Certainly not in a home visit---never heard that before-----dont do it mate-----they will send a very clever bloke adapt at getting you to say too much
                          I'd completely agree with Turbo - cancel this appointment immediately and only deal with this in writing.

The ONLY reason they will want to visit you at home is to get out of paying any sort of PPI refund.

If you're going to go ahead with this, I would get some sort of recording device (preferably video) to record the entire meeting so that you can capture anything dodgy and present this to the OFT if necessary.

Best

Crispy

Comment

Hi again, just another update... the wife called Very this morning to cancel the appointment set for next Tuesday and had a very difficult time with the advisor on the phone. To cut a long story short, she tried her best not to allow the appointment to be cancelled, saying that questions had to be asked and forms to be filled in to establish if the goods cover was relevant to her at the time of taking it out when she opened the account.
                            My wife said she was more than happy for the forms to be sent out, she would then fill them in and return them, at which point she said that it would not be practical to do that, my wife told her that unless she agreed to send the forms out to us, she would instruct our solicitor to deal with it, she then cancelled the appointment and said she would send the letter out.
                            I have a feeling that someone will call on Tuesday despite cancelling the appointment, but if they do, I will deal with it.
                            Why are these going down the form route, is it because they need to investigate if PPI has been mis-sold, if so, how do we proceed.
                            My wife was unemployed at the time of taking out the catalogue, so unemployment cover would have been no good, what other cover is there?

Comment

Well done---- for sticking to her guns

See if the forms come now

And ypu are positive re Tuesday now--and prepared

Hi again, just another update... the wife called Very this morning to cancel the appointment set for next Tuesday and had a very difficult time with the advisor on the phone. To cut a long story short, she tried her best not to allow the appointment to be cancelled, saying that questions had to be asked and forms to be filled in to establish if the goods cover was relevant to her at the time of taking it out when she opened the account.
                              My wife said she was more than happy for the forms to be sent out, she would then fill them in and return them, at which point she said that it would not be practical to do that, my wife told her that unless she agreed to send the forms out to us, she would instruct our solicitor to deal with it, she then cancelled the appointment and said she would send the letter out.
                              I have a feeling that someone will call on Tuesday despite cancelling the appointment, but if they do, I will deal with it.
                              Why are these going down the form route, is it because they need to investigate if PPI has been mis-sold, if so, how do we proceed.
                              My wife was unemployed at the time of taking out the catalogue, so unemployment cover would have been no good, what other cover is there?

Comment

Theres a link to the forms on here somewhere, have a look in my thread Wends SIL v Black Horse it's on there somewhere.
                                Is no longer here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X