• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hamilton/HFC/Endeavour - Reclaim PPI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hamilton/HFC/Endeavour - Reclaim PPI

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
    With the compo for distress as the icing!

Yes too right TDS lol.
    I shall be watching my letterbox in the morning.

Comment

lol, you'll probably see your electricity or 'phone bill delivered! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
        Thank you folks.

I am not the one for calcs though so not even sure if this is correct.

But do have these details here.

Loan was from 30/08/2004 to 30/10/2005 Settled early.

So the first repayment was above as the loan was taken out the month before on 30 July 2004.

Loan £21 000 @ 300 months
        PPI £2835
        Total loan - 23835
        when settled they gave a part rebate of around £1553. 69 (Rule of 78)
        Interest Rate 9.52 % per annum fixed for the first 12 months, and thereafter variable.
        9.9 %

Monthly loan repayment £208.51

They did not actually give a detailed breakdown of this letter though but worded it like this......

Premiums paid from 30/08/2004 to 30/10/2005 £1,771.54
        Plus 8% interest at 8% £847.46
        Total refund - £2,619.00

When we settled the loan in full we paid £23646.04
        Di
        do you have your settlement letter

A loan of£23,825 with payments of £1,771.54( which at the very least shouldtread water or reduce the debt) and a settlement figure of £23,646 is unusual after a rebate of £1,553

As myself and Bill emphasise, the big refunds are in the Apportionment of the Settlement figure due to PPI---ie

in your case PPI to Total Loans is 2835: 23,835 = 11.8%

sooooooooo--11.8% of the settlement was PPI--ie--11.8% of 23,646 is £2790

PLUS ppi apportioed from the 14 months of the loan

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO---hang on--I'm not happy with your offer at all-give me as much info you have ---and I'll get Bill over and we'll discuss your situ together on your thread

Comment

Cheers turbo

So it looks like they are leaving us out of pocket by about £171?

Comment

Cheers turbo

So it looks like they are leaving us out of pocket by about £171?

NoNoNo----much more---I aint added PPI together yet and put 8% on

Theres loads more you should have------give me all the letters you have-----you know my E-Mail addy if private hun

Comment

Originally posted by Turboman View Post
              NoNoNo----much more---I aint added PPI together yet and put 8% on

Theres loads more you should have------give me all the letters you have-----you know my E-Mail addy if private hun

Oh my!

For this offer there is no proper breakdown, but will see what i can post up, if i can't do this tonight i shall do tomorrow turbo as my scanner is doo lally again lol.
              Which is why i have been hand writing the letters received in myself lol.

Comment

Settlement letter now sent to your email addy Turbo cheers x

Comment

Got em all---will study this aft Di--theres enough info around to check everything

Comment

Thank you Turbo x:tinysmile_kiss_t4:

Well received the letter of the offer for the inconvenience etc, but she did say we can contact her again further if we need to and have not closed this matter.

The offer - £100 :tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Comment

The letter of further redress below. (Having problems when scanning to the paint section) so again I will copy as it says on the letter.

Dear Mr & Mrs

Endeavour Personal Finance Account Number: ********

I write further to your email/letter received on the 18 September 2011 with regard to your Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) complaint which has been ongoing since 12 May 2008.

I understand that you received our offer letter dated 16 September 2011. However, due to the time it has taken to fully resolve your concerns, you have also requested that we should offer compensation to cover the monetry loss and distress that you have incurred trying to resolve this issue.

I would like to assure you that the provision of high quality customer service is a key priority for Endeavour Personal Finance (EPF) Limited and its is evident from your comments that you feel we have failed to provide you with the level of service you quite correctly expected to receive. I would like to offer my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused, as this was certainly not our intention.

Your experience has been most regrettable. As a goodwill gesture we are happy to offer you a further £100.00 in order to cover any financial loss and inconvenience that may have arised whilst we have addressed your concerns. I would like to thank you for your patience during this matter.

Should you wish to accept this offer, please arrange for the Acceptance of Offer Form to be completed and returned to EPF Limited. Please note the offer will only be processed upon the receipt of the signed acceptance form.

I do hope that my response meets with your approval however should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely
                      Team Leader
                      Cental Complaints Department

Comment

Will this help as well.

I can email it to you if you want me to turbo, as I am unable to delete the personal stuff at the mo, but for now I will copy it here.

Balance of outstanding as 4 October 2005 - £23561. 73

Add Interest to date of settlement - £374.71

Add Future Charges - £40514.39

Total Amount payable before deducting rebate - £ £64450.83

Less amount of rebate (including insurance if applicable) - £40924.79

Sub Total Prior to Legal Fees - £23526.04

Add legal sealing fee - £120.00

Total Amount Payable for settlement on 30 November 2005 - £23646.06

If the account is not settled by 30 November 2005 you will need to request a revised settlement figure.

The settlement date used in calculation of the rebate is 30 November 2005. It has been calculated in accordance with Regulation 3 of the Consumer Credit (Settlement Information) Regulations 1983.

The amount of the insurance rebate has been calculated having regard to the Consumer Credit (Rebate on early Settlement) Regulations 1983.

Comment

I posted on one of the posts of the rebate of £1553, but as you will now know, its that of £1,533,69 they rebated on settlement back in 2005.

Comment

Will this help as well.

I can email it to you if you want me to turbo, as I am unable to delete the personal stuff at the mo, but for now I will copy it here.

Balance of outstanding as 4 October 2005 - £23561. 73

Add Interest to date of settlement - £374.71

Add Future Charges - £40514.39

Total Amount payable before deducting rebate - £ £64450.83

Less amount of rebate (including insurance if applicable) - £40924.79

Sub Total Prior to Legal Fees - £23526.04

Add legal sealing fee - £120.00

Total Amount Payable for settlement on 30 November 2005 - £23646.06

If the account is not settled by 30 November 2005 you will need to request a revised settlement figure.

The settlement date used in calculation of the rebate is 30 November 2005. It has been calculated in accordance with Regulation 3 of the Consumer Credit (Settlement Information) Regulations 1983.

The amount of the insurance rebate has been calculated having regard to the Consumer Credit (Rebate on early Settlement) Regulations 1983.
                            Yep--E-mail me it hun---I can see your personal stuff anyway--(for last 4 yrs lol)
                            your earlier post threw me a bit as you quoted 1500-ish rebate whereas it was 1500-ish PPI Refund

These are different and are accounted for differently----we certainly got all the facts now

Comment

Originally posted by Turboman View Post
                              Yep--E-mail me it hun---I can see your personal stuff anyway--(for last 4 yrs lol)
                              your earlier post threw me a bit as you quoted 1500-ish rebate whereas it was 1500-ish PPI Refund

These are different and are accounted for differently----we certainly got all the facts now

Will do Turbo, will get on to that now honey.

In regards of that amount stated above, they used it to reduce the balance as you know, so we did not see it as such then. x

Comment

The offer - £100 :tinysmile_hmm_t2:
                                And are you minded to accept that compo or go back to them and ask for more?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X