• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hamilton/HFC/Endeavour - Reclaim PPI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hamilton/HFC/Endeavour - Reclaim PPI

The email from the Adjudicator.....

Dear

As this offer has been made by a business that is out of jurisdiction of a service for this complaint. I am not able to comment on the contents of the offer that has been made by EPF.

Please let me know if you sign the acceptance or not. Once you have I will send a letter to you regarding this.

Yours sincerely

M
    Adjudicator | Financial Ombudsman Service
    South Quay Plaza | 183 Marsh Wall | London | E14 9SR |
    E: @financial-ombudsman.org.uk

Comment

Hopefully this means good news on the further redress, received email below from HFC.

Dear Mr & Mrs

I am sorry for the delay.

I confirm I have forwarded your request to be further investigated and we
      hope to issue a response to you tomorrow. I confirm that a separate
      acceptance form will be issued to you, so if you want to sign and return
      the PPI acceptance form and forward to the address on the form - thank you.

Kind Regards

Team Leader of Central Complaints | HFC UK
      Camden House West, Birmingham, B1 3PY, UK

Internal Phone 7654
      External Phone
      Email

Comment

looking good. presumably you could raise the question of compo for distress as a separate complaint to the bank, if they decline it, and then to the FOS anyway? on the assumption that you perhaps return the settlement form with a covering letter making the distinct point that you have require distress compo in addition to the PPI refund?

Comment

Yes I would only accept their offer on the basis that you will be seeking compensation from them and will be notifying them in next 7 days of the amount you are claiming in respect of reimbursement of out of pocket expenses as well as for a payment for considerable distress.

Comment

Thank you folks, yes will see what they come back with, afterall I think its only fair they pay out on all the inconvenience this have caused, the keeping on at them and so on.

Well they are hoping to send a response tomorrow, so whether or not its posted or they will mail it to the post tomorrow in this case I should receive the letter by Wednesday.

Comment

will be interesting to see what they offer

Comment

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
                will be interesting to see what they offer
                £50 squid i expect lol

So what would you call fair?

Looking through the FOS site it varies due to the personal circumstances etc etc...
                I shall post up as soon as the offer arrives, if any of course lol.

Comment

Dear Mr & Mrs

I can confirm that a response will be issued in the post to you today.

Kind Regards

Team Leader of Central Complaints | HFC UK
                  Camden House West, Birmingham, B1 3PY, UK

Comment

I dont think that £50 is fair at all Di, after all you have had a total nightmare sorting this one out. and many hours of researching, letter writing etc etc.....and your health has suffered as a result of their negligence in accepting your claim in the beginning.

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                    £50 squid i expect lol

Looking through the FOS site it varies due to the personal circumstances etc etc...
                    I shall post up as soon as the offer arrives, if any of course lol.

Comment

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post
                      I dont think that £50 is fair at all Di, after all you have had a total nightmare sorting this one out. and many hours of researching, letter writing etc etc.....and your health has suffered as a result of their negligence in accepting your claim in the beginning.
                      So true Tuttsi

If they came back with this offer of £50 I will not be happy.

Was checking through the FOS site on the categories of further redress, and the min is I think £100, I don't think I would be happy with that either to be honest. xx

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                        £50 squid i expect lol

well, a new house, a new car and a holiday in Bermuda would be good

otherwise maybe £300 tops in compo! But I think you should back up your request with a detailed letter spelling out how much time and how many resources have been expended by you in this due to their negligent handling of your claim.

Comment

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
                          well, a new house, a new car and a holiday in Bermuda would be good

otherwise maybe £300 tops in compo! But I think you should back up your request with a detailed letter spelling out how much time and how many resources have been expended by you in this due to their negligent handling of your claim.

Now that would be nice lol

Just heard from them now again by email and was told another acceptance form is on its way, and to treat this separately to the one we already received, and both will be dealt with withing 28 days of them receiving them.

So obviously there's an offer on the way, should be here tomorrow I expect.

Yes have already mentioned all that TDS, and thank you all so much, you've all been fab xx

Comment

I can't wait! Cakes all round then Di!
                            ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                            But keep Winner away from them!
                            Last edited by The Debt Star; 20th September 2011, 13:34:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Yeah ok, and that will be BIG CAKES with a bit of luck lol

Comment

With the compo for distress as the icing!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X