• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hamilton/HFC/Endeavour - Reclaim PPI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hamilton/HFC/Endeavour - Reclaim PPI

I can't believe they finally accepted on selling the PPI, this goes to show they did not investigate this properly over the last few years, and this should have been our adjudicators work not mine lol

Comment

They've opened the door mate. This is the turn of the tide I think

Comment

BTW, on my Egg PPI claim I have managed to get the FOS to re-open the complaint and they WILL look at the calcs and if they agree them order Egg to settle. So you are 100% right about that.

Comment

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
          BTW, on my Egg PPI claim I have managed to get the FOS to re-open the complaint and they WILL look at the calcs and if they agree them order Egg to settle. So you are 100% right about that.

That is great news, was about to come across your thread to catch up on it, they will sort this out for you now TDS. Great news, and thank you for the above as well.
          I'm so glad to be back online, I couldn't handle it being off just for one full day, and a half lol.

Comment

Cheers mate.
            yeah, Bill's spreadies are winning the day!

Comment

It came to mind that the lender should never have changed the loan term or added the ppi, this must be wrong, and if this was the case shouldn't another application form with our consent for ppi be completed?

We have every single piece of paperwork from start to finish through the SAR and there is no mention of where the PPI came in, only on the loan agreement.

As said though, we were so stupid not to have questioned this to them then, being slack on how these products worked back then, we didn't have the foggiest, it was all jargon to us. And with this one being our VERY first secured loan.

Comment

Di, thats what the FSA were supposed to be for - to provide guidelines for fianncial services companies to follow that protect vulnerable consumers from sharp practices like this. And it is a sharp practice and the burden of responsibilty lies on THEM to sell it correctly and to explain everything not on the consumer to know to ask. Of course, the whole economic culture is to screw everyone over and, disgustng and low as that is, it is for the FOS,TS, FSA etc to help protect the consumer. Remind me, have you gone to Trading Standards and the FSA on this one yet? 'tis a long thread!

Comment

Di, thats what the FSA were supposed to be for - to provide guidelines for fianncial services companies to follow that protect vulnerable consumers from sharp practices like this. And it is a sharp practice and the burden of responsibilty lies on THEM to sell it correctly and to explain everything not on the consumer to know to ask. Of course, the whole economic culture is to screw everyone over and, disgustng and low as that is, it is for the FOS,TS, FSA etc to help protect the consumer. Remind me, have you gone to Trading Standards and the FSA on this one yet? 'tis a long thread!

Hi
                  Yes that is so right TDS.

I did contact the FSA some time ago and they did not help, but the Trading standards is another one to try for, not thought of these lol, cheers.

Comment

Hey, hang on......I got in touch with the FSA some time back but that was before knowing about who sold the PPI, so maybe then I should also contact them again to say what happened in my case then, in regards of the lender adding the ppi to the loan without actually written evidence as such, just the lender agreement, and of course the details differ from that to the application form?
                    What do you think?

I could also send them the copy of letter i received from EPF yesterday, the one I posted on here also yesterday.
                    Last edited by di30; 9th September 2011, 14:06:PM.

Comment

I just emailed HFC/Endeavour again and asked if they would be willing to investigate this as a mis selling complaint, she will pass the details to the relevant dept and get back to my by letter.

Dear Mr & Mrs

Thank you for the below e-mail.

I have forwarded your correspondence to the relevant department in order
                      for a complaint to be registered regarding the mis-sell of PPI on your
                      account.

You will receive an acknowledgement letter shortly.

Kind Regards

E
                      Team Leader of Central Complaints | HFC UK
                      Camden House West, Birmingham, B1 3PY, UK

Comment

And another here......

Dear Mr & Mrs

The e-mail that you have sent is sufficient for us to register a complaint.
                        When the acknowledgement letter is issued to you, it will contain a
                        questionnaire for you to complete and return. Please provide all details of
                        your reclaim for the of mis-sell within this questionnaire.

Kind Regards

E
                        Team Leader of Central Complaints | HFC UK
                        Camden House West, Birmingham, B1 3PY, UK

Internal Phone 7
                        External Phone 0
                        Email e

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                          Hey, hang on......I got in touch with the FSA some time back but that was before knowing about who sold the PPI, .
                          My thoughts exactly

Comment

Cheers TDS.

So with this going on at the mo I have had to email the Adjudicator just to keep him aware, but wonder if he will close down the complaint now.

What I have done is printed off the questionnaire, because its the same one as on the HFC website. Get it in to them asap, I understand these are under the 12 week limit at present.

And going back to the other matter, because of the way this has been dealt with, ie; the application form business is write to the FSA then?

Comment

yeah, FSA, TS, FOS - throw the lot at them.
                              i don't understand why the FOS will close the case now though? thats punishing you for the dodgy, devious and confusing way these financial organisations have treated you - who all bounce business off one another and deny responsibility in the hope you, the victim, will go away.
                              if he closes the complaint then go to his line manager and then go to the IA who will make them re-open their file.
                              write a strongly worded email to the adjudicator "just short" of a formal complaint.

Comment

yeah, FSA, TS, FOS - throw the lot at them.
                                i don't understand why the FOS will close the case now though? thats punishing you for the dodgy, devious and confusing way these financial organisations have treated you - who all bounce business off one another and deny responsibility in the hope you, the victim, will go away.
                                if he closes the complaint then go to his line manager and then go to the IA who will make them re-open their file.
                                write a strongly worded email to the adjudicator "just short" of a formal complaint.

Yes your right TDS, I am hoping he will come back and say he will keep it open and see what happens on the reclaim.

I have taken note of all you said here, thank you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X