• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Do I need to wait

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do I need to wait

Hi I think mine will be in the post to the FOS tomorrow the trouble is as I said I don't remember that far back so I've got no means of disproving the telephone call:tinysmile_cry_t:

Comment

Originally posted by Leucareth1971 View Post
      Hi I think mine will be in the post to the FOS tomorrow the trouble is as I said I don't remember that far back so I've got no means of disproving the telephone call:tinysmile_cry_t:
      tell me if i,m wrong di the fos can request details for leuc can,t they

Comment

They also say that if they dont hear from me in the next 4 wks they will consider the matter closed
        did they notify you of your right to take your complaint to the fos?

Comment

i might be wrong and im sure the other guys will correct me if i am wrong but i think if the lender doesn,t inform you that you have a right to take your complaint to fos time limits on the complaint don,t apply

Comment

yes they did,they also say that the PPi is still running I haven't used the card for years and just assumed that it had stopped they are also saying that I could still claim off the insurance, I retired in 2006 so I don't know what I could claim for.

Comment

yes they did,they also say that the PPi is still running I haven't used the card for years and just assumed that it had stopped they are also saying that I could still claim off the insurance, I retired in 2006 so I don't know what I could claim for.
              i,ll try and answer your points in order 1. the ppi might be running but you shouid,nt be paying it if you,ve got no balance on the account,it can be cancelled at any time 2. you cannot claim if you are retired. go for a missold if your conditions of purchasing ppi being missold match any of the missales on any of the other posts i,m sorry i don,t know how to cut and paste up any other threads on here. typical reasons wouid be not knowing it had been added, not needing it,if your covered elsewhere,having medical conditions there are quite a few missale points to pay attention to,to see if you have been missold.sorry i can,t be more useful but info is scattered throughout the forum,check out, di,p.f,leclerc ameythst or exc amongst others.

Comment

Thanks, I took the card out when I was working full time where I had a years sickness benefit plus death in service so I never needed it or used it.
                No I haven't paid any insurance on it since I cleared the debt .
                Thanks for all your help

Comment

Thanks, I took the card out when I was working full time where I had a years sickness benefit plus death in service so I never needed it or used it.
                  No I haven't paid any insurance on it since I cleared the debt .
                  Thanks for all your help
                  sounds like they shouid have upheld your claim if this was the cap 1 card, but i do think some of the lenders are rejecting all claims now, keep pressing on.

Comment

Thanks once again, Hope you have more luck with the FOS:beagle:

Comment

Thanks once again, Hope you have more luck with the FOS:beagle:
                      same to you it sounds like you,ve got a good claim with your employment benefits there that you had when you were employed:tinysmile_grin_t:, the banks are hoping you give up as quite a few do after a rejection keep pressing on and hopefully you,ll come through

Comment

Originally posted by cappo View Post
                        tell me if i,m wrong di the fos can request details for leuc can,t they

Hiya

Yes I believe they can Cappo.

Comment

Hi Capital 1 states "I can confirm that you requested PPI during a telephone conversation 22 Aug 1997" I don't remember that far back It also says "they sell PPi on a non-advised basis,we do not provide advice.Our role is to introduce the features and benefits of the product and to provide sufficient information for customers to make their own conscious decision"
                          Stock answer!

Have you made an SAR to CapOne?
                          ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                          If you are not working, then you cannot claim!
                          Last edited by Angry Cat; 27th February 2011, 23:08:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Hi I didn't make a SAR request I think it's too late now as they only gave me 4 weeks to reply

Comment

Hi I didn't make a SAR request I think it's too late now as they only gave me 4 weeks to reply
                              correct me if i,m wrong guys the 6 year statute comes in when you first realise there,s a problem, now i,m not as experienced as the other guys on here leuc but i,m sure thats the case, have you waited the prescribed 8 weeks if you have put it in to the fos you don,t have to involve yourself with capital one, fos will sort it out for you. look at it this way leuc all the fos can do is say no why don,t you contact them to discuss your complaint and see what they say, capital one are hoping you,ll give up,don,t give them the pleasure,i,ve had the same i,ve just pushed on with it

Comment

The matter is far from closed; make a FULL SAR.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X