• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

has this thread died a death

Comment

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Only if nobody posts in it any more, I guess !!

Comment

is there a timelimit on the consultation, i suppose all parties will have realised the slower they are to reach a decision the slower the letters are to go out the slower the 3 year deadline starts
        this is all showing me the banks see this as a 3year+ problem and way in excess of the 8bn they have provisioned for, as at 500mil a month and 2bn in this problem would be gone in a year and no need for letters, so why write to people? because they know this is going to hit their balance sheets every year for the next 6 years far in excess of the provisions they have allocated?

Comment

Hope not!
          Dip in but not necessarily post, still have problems with Barclay's and this is with FOS.
          DT
          Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Barclays hints at higher PPI liability

Barclays has been forced to insert a new statement in its regulatory filings in the US to admit that the pace of PPI claims by customers has risen

Barclays has admitted that it might need to raise its PPI liability. Photograph: Paul Hackett / Reuters/Reuters

Barclays has hinted that it might need to increase its £1bn provision for mis-selling of payment protection insurance after a surge in claims during March.
            Just three weeks after publishing its annual report, the bank has been forced to insert a new statement in its regulatory filings in the US to admit that the pace of claims by customers has risen.
            "Subsequent to the approval of the 2011 financial statements on 7 March 2012, Barclays has observed an increase in PPI complaint volumes in recent weeks. It is too soon to determine whether this increase may have a material impact," the bank said in the filing for US regulators.
            The bank took a £1bn provision for PPI claims in 2011, some £565m of which is yet to be used. It has made clear that it, like other banks, has based the value of the provision on a number of "interdependent assumptions" to decide on the value of the provision. It followed a move by Lloyds Banking Group to take a £3.2bn hit for PPI misselling.
            The bank admits that many of the assumptions have been "highly subjective" and not always easy to measure. "When considering the key assumptions independently, the most significant driver of the provision is complaint flow. If the level of complaints were 10% higher (lower) than the estimated level for all policies, assuming no change in other assumptions, then the provision would have increased (decreased) by approximately £100m," Barclays said.
            The bank did not provide any detail about the increase in the size of complaints it had received in March, although data provided by the Financial Services Authority last week found that Barclays had been the most complained-about bank in the last half of 2011 – albeit not just for PPI.

Comment

Good. They should not have dishinestly ripped off their customers in the first place
              Thanks!

Debtisbad

Comment

Angela Knight to step down from BBA - FT.com

Comment

Bye, Angie - I'm sure we'll meet again before long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RTWzsGO4Zc

Comment

Apparently even Celtic football club are muscling in on the PPI reclaiming scene now.

Celtic | PPP - Start Your Claim Process Now

Still, at least it wasn't Rangers.

Comment

I won't miss her and I doubt she'll miss me.

When the first instance test case judgment was handed down I sent some flowers to Kate Farrow at the OFT to congratulate her on the win. While I was in the florist I thought it might be a giggle to send AK some flowers and a card offering my condolences on the sad death of her members' case. I thought it was quite amusing but apparently she didn't and I was subsequently collared by Special Branch.

Comment

Blimey EXC! - a bit OTT.

Did you tell Richard JACK off?
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                        gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Wonderful...HA HA HA HA HAH!

Comment

[quote=charitynjw;259921

Did you tell Richard JACK off?[/quote]

I did but he is so stupid that I concluded it would have no effect.

Dear Sir

Thank-you for you e mail regarding the letter that was delivered to you by one of my officers, Detective Constable Rees.

I note that you do not deny sending the material. I can assure you that I am an expert in the Protection from Harrassment Act having arrested and prosecuted dozens of offenders throughout the country for a bizarre range of incidents. Yours is another one of those cases.

You have been formally warned by me on behalf of the city of London Police for what is ' First Instance Harrasment'. This is designed to prevent an reoccurrence of the harrassment.

Should you continue then, that will constitute a course of conduct and you will be liable to arrest and prosecution. I hope we are clear on that and that you will refrain from similar behaviour.

I should point out that you could be prosecuted under the Malicious Communications Act. One I have frequently used during first instance harrassment. Should you actions cause considerable distress then it has been held that this amounts to Assault Occassioning Actual Bodily Harm. Sending a person a Wreath could easily lead to severe distress.

So to conclude. If you behave yourself then nothing further will happen. However I am quite prepared to take firm action against you should you offend again.

Richard Jack
                            Detective Chief Inspector.

Dear Mr Jack

I am disappointed with both the content and tone of your response.

Before issuing a formal warning, you have a duty to ensure the recipient understands the significance of the caution. Moreover, the recipient must give informed consent to it. It cannot have any effect unless a clear and reliable admission of the specific offence one is being cautioned for has been made.

In this instance, this is clearly not the case. During my meeting with DC Rees which concluded with him simply handing me the formal warning document, 'harassment' (sic) was not mentioned once. None the less, the warning itself is based entirely on your opinion that my action ''amounts to harassment''. You now state that ''You have been formally warned by me on behalf of the city of London Police for what is ' First Instance Harrasment' ''.

I wish to make it absolutely clear that if the formal warning is not withdrawn, I fully intend to pursue the matter with the Police Complaints Authority who's ''experts'', I trust., do not share your careless disregard for procedures, the misapprehension that the police can ''prosecute'' and who are capable of actually being able spell the subject matter of their claimed expertise - 'harassment' only has a single 'r'.

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                              I did but he is so stupid that I concluded it would have no effect.

Dear Sir

Thank-you for you e mail regarding the letter that was delivered to you by one of my officers, Detective Constable Rees.

I note that you do not deny sending the material. I can assure you that I am an expert in the Protection from Harrassment Act having arrested and prosecuted dozens of offenders throughout the country for a bizarre range of incidents. Yours is another one of those cases.

You have been formally warned by me on behalf of the city of London Police for what is ' First Instance Harrasment'. This is designed to prevent an reoccurrence of the harrassment.

Should you continue then, that will constitute a course of conduct and you will be liable to arrest and prosecution. I hope we are clear on that and that you will refrain from similar behaviour.

I should point out that you could be prosecuted under the Malicious Communications Act. One I have frequently used during first instance harrassment. Should you actions cause considerable distress then it has been held that this amounts to Assault Occassioning Actual Bodily Harm. Sending a person a Wreath could easily lead to severe distress.

So to conclude. If you behave yourself then nothing further will happen. However I am quite prepared to take firm action against you should you offend again.

Richard Jack
                              Detective Chief Inspector.

Dear Mr Jack

I am disappointed with both the content and tone of your response.

Before issuing a formal warning, you have a duty to ensure the recipient understands the significance of the caution. Moreover, the recipient must give informed consent to it. It cannot have any effect unless a clear and reliable admission of the specific offence one is being cautioned for has been made.

In this instance, this is clearly not the case. During my meeting with DC Rees which concluded with him simply handing me the formal warning document, 'harassment' (sic) was not mentioned once. None the less, the warning itself is based entirely on your opinion that my action ''amounts to harassment''. You now state that ''You have been formally warned by me on behalf of the city of London Police for what is ' First Instance Harrasment' ''.

I wish to make it absolutely clear that if the formal warning is not withdrawn, I fully intend to pursue the matter with the Police Complaints Authority who's ''experts'', I trust., do not share your careless disregard for procedures, the misapprehension that the police can ''prosecute'' and who are capable of actually being able spell the subject matter of their claimed expertise - 'harassment' only has a single 'r'.

Good on you EXC bloody cheek

Comment

EXC It feels as though you made a disagreement in relation to your own differing views and a persons opinion in a professional role into something personal which just isn't appropriate.

I know you have a lot of knowledge and have helped a lot of people on the forum but the sending of the wreath does rather leave a sour taste.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X