• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
    I'm not sure that it qualifies to be honest.

EDIT: with regards to barclays statement of no quibble payouts that is.

No i never did think that it qualified under the no quibble guarantee as technically it wasn't a barclaycard, i'm running it through normal channels, as i said to leuc though it's a strange way to do business, i'll just be happy to see it resolved one way or the other before the next millenium lol.

Comment

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Originally posted by Leucareth1971 View Post
      I have an acknowledgement letter dated 9th Oct 2010 also the letter rejecting my claim dated 8th April 2011 and a letter from FOS stating that Barclaycard would be offering me a gesture of goodwill dated 5th Oct 2011 I also have 2 letters from Barclaycard dated 7th & 22nd of Dec 2011 stating that my complaint has not been upheld I have somehow ended up with about 6 ref numbers to say i'm confused is putting it mildley
      This will be interesting because they rejected your case prior to their no quibble policy which I think suggests that it is unlikely that they are upholding the complaint. I think they made a mistake telling the FOS they were settling(IMHO) so the FOS will probably have to adjudicate on this one.
      "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
      (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

I spoke to the FOS who stated (as you said) that it will go to an adjudicator Thanks for your heip

Comment

Barclay rejected mine and it was started just as they said "no quibble" Now on the waiting game with FOS.
          Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Originally posted by dogtired View Post
            Barclay rejected mine and it was started just as they said "no quibble" Now on the waiting game with FOS.
            when did they reject you and when did the complaint go in?

Comment

when did they reject you and when did the complaint go in?
              End of October.
              complaint went in at the end of June last year
              FOS came back at the beginning of the month to say that "the business" had also turned them own so now I am in the loop whilst they look into it.
              Barclay's took over the agreed period "due to pressure " of complaints and led me to believe, verbally, that I "had a chance"
              The card is long since gone and was initially obtained at a show and I had a "gift" of a sports bag, at no time was any form of insurance discussed, the usual I suspect.
              But out of four initially I only have them and Bank of Scotland left that have had issues, (we wont go into Welcome Finance as that is a completly different isue)!
              DT xx
              sorry forgot that I have another that paid out in full! so it was five cards and a loan!
              Last edited by dogtired; 24th January 2012, 14:17:PM. Reason: mistake with figures
              Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Article in today's Eye about FirstPlus.

FirstPlus Complaints Consumer Action Group Complaints against Barclays - First Plus Complaints

Comment

Looks like poor old freds copped a packet (now he knows what it feels like)

Fred Goodwin stripped of his knighthood - Yahoo!

Comment

Shredded at last.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill-K View Post
                      Shredded at last.

Ha Ha i like it!

Comment

What real benefit does having a knighthood have? I ask because the honours system itself while nice, is similar to giving a certificate for swimming. It's looks nice on the wall but when it comes to anything else it is about as useful as a chocolate fireguard.

As I know you'll love my perspective, at least they haven't touched his pension

Comment

As I know you'll love my perspective, at least they haven't touched his pension
                          Indeed so, Monsieur. John Lennon's contempt for the honours system has always impressed me. These days, a knighthood - to me - is a condemnation.

I agree that his pension - and his ability to continue earning $h1t-loads for his $h1t - should be focussed upon.

Ed Miliband touched upon this. I would like to see someone run with that baton, now.

Comment

Out of interest, who else got a Knighthood for "services to banking"? I tried the usual google but all it comes up with is Mr Goodwin and that story.......

Comment

Out of interest, who else got a Knighthood for "services to banking"? I tried the usual google but all it comes up with is Mr Goodwin and that story.......
                              Dispatches searched through every Honours List the Government has issued since 1997 and found that a total of 81 honours were handed out to those working in banking in finance.

The key facts:
                              • - 81 honours given to individuals working in banking and finance
                              • - 36 of these were awarded to bankers
                              • - 19 knighthoods, MBEs, CBEs or OBEs awarded by the government for "services to banking"
                              • - 62 honours were given for services to the finance industry
                              • - Of those rewarded, 16 worked for banks which later failed
                              • - 9 honours were awarded to RBS staff
                              • - Standard Chartered, HSBC, HBOS and Barclays each received 4 honours
                              • - Lloyds TSB were awarded 3 honours

Dispatches - Features - Still Cashing In: Honours List - Channel 4

Comment

1 down, 99 to go, then, I guess !!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X