• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Website says aviemore funding ltd but address is a Bank of Scotland one, contact details as below from http://www.marbles.com/content.aspx?dsid=618

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I make a complaint about the way that my PPI was sold?
    If you have a query about the way that your PPI was sold you can ring a dedicated telephone line for PPI customers.
    0845 602 7795
    If you prefer to write, the address for correspondence is:
    Card Services
    Complaints Resolution Team
    Pitreavie Business Park
    Dunfermline
    Fife
    KY99 4BS

Comment

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

What a year it has been.

I wonder how much more if has left though. People say 12 months. But they have been saying that for 4 years

Comment

The recently published FOS board minutes confirm their plans to impose a supplemental £350 charge (in addition to the £500 case fee) for PPI complaints.

One would hope that this really would encourage banks to uphold more complaints and avoid them going to the FOS.

Also of interest is that the banks appear to have told the FOS to expect a ''significant increase'' in PPI complaints to the FOS this year.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...dminutes11.pdf

Comment

Thanks for getting that for us, EXC. So, we seem to have a 70% increase in the cost of taking a claim to FOS - and I guess that cost is the only criterion which is taken into the reckoning, these days. The value of 'goodwill' is negligible, it seems - as is loyalty.

LTSB have reckoned that the average PPI refund is £1200, as I recall. The cost of challenging this is now going to be £850, then (from 01/04/12). This will, I am sure, be good news for those with smaller claims - but it may make the larger claims harder to win - because the 'focus' is effectively being shifted.

Comment

The FOS has passed the 300,000 mark for complaints received about PPI and expects 165,000 next year.

What's even more staggering is that in the last year alone banks and other financial institutions received 1 million PPI complaints.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...news/99/99.pdf
            Last edited by EXC; 20th January 2012, 18:06:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
              The FOS has passed the 300,000 mark for complaints received about PPI and expects 165,000 next year.

What's even more staggering is that in the last year alone banks and other financial institutions received 1 million PPI complaints.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...news/99/99.pdf

I quite believe it exc, here guys is a petition from which magazine re the powers of the new regulator don't know if any of you want to add your voices to this.

New financial watchdog – we don't want a lapdog | Which? Conversation

Comment

...What's even more staggering is that in the last year alone banks and other financial institutions received 1 million PPI complaints.
                Makes me wonder just how big the WHOLE iceberg actually is !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bill-K View Post
                  Makes me wonder just how big the WHOLE iceberg actually is !!!
                  Strangely saying that it's the 100th anniversary of the Titanic this year(not that I am comparing of course)
                  "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                  (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Blimey - so it is, mon ami !!! Pass the binoculars - I don't want to miss a thing !!!

Comment

Originally posted by cappo View Post
                      I quite believe it exc, here guys is a petition from which magazine re the powers of the new regulator don't know if any of you want to add your voices to this.

New financial watchdog – we don't want a lapdog | Which? Conversation

The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) is to be the consumer protection off-shoot of the FSA when it is split up. It's powers and responsibilities are being debated by Parliament at the moment.

It has already been decided that it will have the powers to ban products without having to refer them to the Competition Commission - as was the case with single premium PPI.

Not decided yet is the extent of it's competition remit and whether it will have the authority to regulate prices. The Chairman of the FSA has already told a Parliamentary select committee that if it does it will investigate the level of unauthorised overdraft charges on the basis of fairness.

It also looks likely that the FCA will take over the licensing and regulation of consumer credit, currently the responsibility of the OFT.

Comment

The Chairman of the FSA has already told a Parliamentary select committee that if it does it will investigate the level of unauthorised overdraft charges on the basis of fairness.
                        Thanks for the synopsis, EXC. I reckon the FSA Chairman has put the kibosh on it, now, though...

Comment

Originally posted by Bill-K View Post
                          I reckon the FSA Chairman has put the kibosh on it, now, though...
                          How do you mean Bill?

Comment

It's me just doing my 'Clapham Omnibus' guy. But this just reads to me like the FSA Chairman saying, "Hey guys !!! That's a whizzo wheeze. It worked last time, so let's do it again - it was SUCH fun !!!"

Basically, the FSA are pledging to do what they have always been expected to do - "investigate the level of unauthorised overdraft charges on the basis of fairness."

It seems that they are admitting that this didn't happen first time around, and they are now presenting the very same piece of forged currency in a completely 'staged' sample purchase.

Comment

The thing is that the FSA don't regulate UOC's so they've never been in a position to express a view on them - in fact Lord Turner explained this when he made his comments on them to the committee.

Watch the video from about 12.00 Player

So I think it's significant that the first time that the FSA has said anything about them, they believe that the FCA should do something about them.

Comment

LOL - I think I got it that time, EXC - thanx !!! Back to class - and I'll watch the video at lunchtime, then !!! Cheers for that link.

I guess it's been so long since we had UOC stuff to the fore, I have lost track of who's running the show.

Your tolerance, patience and politeness - considering we're on the top deck of the No. 11 on a January Sunday - are very much appreciated.

Remind me, though, before I gets meself slung orf the bus. Who funds the FSA ? Us, or them ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X