• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Originally posted by mosten View Post
    BBC News - Lloyds Banking Group pushed into loss by PPI costs

Genuinely do feel sorry for any of the staff in the branches etc who are going to lose their jobs over all these losses.....
    They have linked the how to claim bit with Marc Gander's foolishness of telling people to go through the courts. That is very irresponsible of the BBC. Perhaps Marc does not know that there have been county court LOSSES in court and that the FOS is risk free based on the spirit of the regulations and not on hard facts or he said or she said.
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

In my view, a county court judge is much more likely than the ombudsman to make a real attempt to make sure that the complainant does not lose out. You do not need a lawyer.

The steps are fairly simple and - on the basis of reports we receive to the Consumer Action Group - your compensation level is likely to be much greater than it would be if you complained to the FOS.

this is from that link... your so right... Any one reading these comments would be led up the garden path if they thought that's the easiest route...

Comment

Recieved a letter from HFC this morning stating that my complaint has been upheld i now have 6 weeks to send off the 'acceptance of offer' form.
        Total reclaimed is £3,357 plus £621.00 interest.

thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread with all the useful information,and good luck to everyone else who are waiting for a decision on thier claims.

Comment

Originally posted by mosten View Post
          this is from that link... your so right... Any one reading these comments would be led up the garden path if they thought that's the easiest route...
          Right in one.

Frankly he's legally illiterate. That he's given citizen funded national platform on which to peach this garbage is almost unbelievable.

It's not as if he hasn't got form either. He told anyone that would listen (and those that wouldn't) that bank charges were penalties (they're weren't) and that they fell foul of UTCCR (they didn't).

Comment

At the end of this month all PPI claims from the JR time should have been dealt with.....wonder if that will actually be the case or whether the FOS are ready for more of a deluge of people contacting them.

Comment

Does anyone know whether Keyman Insurance sold with a lease of equipment to a sole trader businessman is PPI in the sense that it can be reclaimed if mis-sold. Also, if it is, does it fall under the FSA/FOS, or will one be back with the dear old FLA?
              JDEH

Comment

I have a claim for £1,700 PPI inclusive of stat interest with First Direct. Yesterday I got a letter from them offering me a derisory £170 inclusive of stat interest.

PPI on my First Direct credit card paid between 2002 - 2006.

They say they are not obliged to refund me PPI going back more than 6 years, hence the £170. They have ignored 2002-2004 when the worst premiums were levied.

Is this correct?

I have in any event fired off my complaint to the FOS (again, as they had returned the original quezzy and complaint form because of the final response August deadline granted to First Direct).

Comment

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
                  They say they are not obliged to refund me PPI going back more than 6 years, hence the £170. They have ignored 2002-2004 when the worst premiums were levied.

Is this correct?
                  In general terms they are incorrect. Emphasis supplied:

Time barring and pre-2005 sales

Some firms argued that complaints about pre-2005 sales should not be included in the
                  scope of our Handbook provisions because they are all or mostly already out of time to be
                  considered on their merits (i.e. they are ‘time barred’ under our existing DISP rules).*33
                  We disagree with this view. Decisions concerning the time barring of individual
                  complaints are ultimately for the FOS to make, but in general terms, our view (as set
                  out in CP10/6 para 3.14), is that general media coverage of the PPI issue, including
                  comments or publications by us, would not be enough to have given a consumer the kind
                  of specific ‘constructive knowledge’ required by DISP’s time limits.*34

Accordingly, while some consumers who bought PPI before January 2005 may, on an
                  assessment of their individual circumstances and events, be deemed to have had appropriate
                  awareness before January 2008, such that they will be out of time by January 2011, our
                  view is that this is unlikely to apply to consumers generally
                  (though that is ultimately a
                  decision for the FOS to make concerning complaints referred to it).

Conclusion on pre-2005 sales

There is nothing in firms’ responses which leads us to consider it necessary to retract
                  from our statement in the open letter concerning pre-2005 sales or to carve out
                  complaints about these sales from the scope of our final provisions. To do either would
                  leave substantially unaddressed the poor handling of a very significant proportion of PPI
                  complaints, and thus the significant potential consumer detriment caused by many of
                  these sales.

*33 DISP specifies that complainants will have the longer of 6 years from the event giving rise to the complaint (in
                  this case the sale) or 3 yrs from when they knew (or ought reasonably to have known) that they had cause for
                  complaint, in which to complain to the FOS. Firms may reject a complaint without considering the merits if they
                  receive a complaint outside these time limits.

*34 In our view, for a customer to be aware for the purposes of starting the three year time limit running for a potential
                  PPI mis-selling complaint, they would need to have become, or been made, aware of both a potential problem with
                  the sale of their policy and potential financial loss resulting from that. This is consistent with the approach we took
                  to, for example, the time barring of mortgage endowment complaints.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/policy/ps10_12.pdf
                  Last edited by EXC; 6th August 2011, 13:53:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                    In general terms they are incorrect. Emphasis supplied:

...our view is that this is unlikely to apply to consumers generally (though that is ultimately a decision for the FOS to make concerning complaints referred to it)...
                    thx.
                    lets hope the FOS agree.

Comment

Now had phone message and e-mail from FOS.
                      BOS have now agreed to uphold PPI claim.
                      But what happens one was with Cabot and the other with Sainsbury?

Who, without notice appear to have "sold" it to Robinson Hall. I have had no formal notice of deed of assignment about this.
                      I have escalated this to a full complaint or am I wrong in my belief that whilst this was in the process of pi claim it was classed as a complaint and they should not have done this?
                      Do i continue with the agreed payment i do have (this is actually due for review at the end of this month.)
                      DT xxx
                      Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Originally posted by dogtired View Post

Who, without notice appear to have "sold" it to Robinson Hall. I have had no formal notice of deed of assignment about this.
                        I have escalated this to a full complaint or am I wrong in my belief that whilst this was in the process of pi claim it was classed as a complaint and they should not have done this?
                        Do i continue with the agreed payment i do have (this is actually due for review at the end of this month.)
                        DT xxx
                        Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by dogtired View Post

DT xxx
                          The FOS need to be informed because if the debt has been sold to robinson way then I don't believe that they should have done that based on the PPI complaint being sent. Tell Robinson Way that the FOS are involved in the issue and that you will give them £0.00 as a gesture of goodwill(no typo on that amount btw).
                          Does the PPI claim finish the loan, ie is sufficient to settle the loan?

Comment

Originally posted by JDEH View Post
                            Does anyone know whether Keyman Insurance sold with a lease of equipment to a sole trader businessman is PPI in the sense that it can be reclaimed if mis-sold. Also, if it is, does it fall under the FSA/FOS, or will one be back with the dear old FLA?
                            JDEH
                            I'm dealing with a claim against a keyman policy sold by Lombard in 2002. Presently the FOS are looking into jurisdiction issues surrounding RBS.. its been with the FOS about a year so far an i expect we are looking at probably another 18months

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
                              The FOS need to be informed because if the debt has been sold to robinson way then I don't believe that they should have done that based on the PPI complaint being sent. Tell Robinson Way that the FOS are involved in the issue and that you will give them £0.00 as a gesture of goodwill(no typo on that amount btw).
                              Does the PPI claim finish the loan, ie is sufficient to settle the loan?
                              Dont know yet, they want up to eight weeks if I get another letter from Robinson Way i will do the £0.00 thing though!

Comment

Got this email yesterday from the FOS.

Dear Mr xxxxx

RBS has confirmed that it is not prepared to change its decision on the complaint, so it will be necessary for a final decision to be issued on this.

It has provided further information in support of its position, so the matter will need to be considered by an ombudsman and a decision issued. This is likely to be done shortly and I would hope within the next month.

What further information have they got? The Adjudicator has already told them they have mis-sold it twice!

G

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X