• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

chasing first direct really is like :deadhorse:

Comment

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
      chasing first direct really is like :deadhorse:

Hmmm I know the feeling :tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Comment

what, as the horse or flogger?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Big_Dog View Post
          to which he replied 'It doesn't really matter because we're going to pay out every legitimate claim up to the 5th of May'.

TBD.

Isn't this what they're meant to be doing?

Comment

EXC, they're supposed to complete all claims that they have received by the end of August. I think the question is whether it will be similar to Barclays, ie refund without investigation
            "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
            (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Anyone know if this is 100 % confirmed now then and any more from lloydstsb..?

Getting interesting now

Comment

I have received a letter from M&S Money rejecting my complaint about PPI on my credit card.
                There main points are
                I completed the application in store and M&S Money not present so no advice could have been given, sale unadvised and all my points about lack of advice therefore refuted.
                Policy charged monthly so I could have cancelled anytime.
                I received policy documents and I should have consulted them.
                At the time M&S Financial services acted as an unregulated intermediary.
                By signing the contract I confirmed I was happy with the application.

My reply would be
                I am aware the original store card was taken out 26 years ago but this was then transferred to a mastercard at their request. I know I had to complete and send off a form but can remember little of the details and obviously PPI was still added.
                I am not aware I received any policy documents at any time.
                Why did they reply on 26th April stating that PPI sold in accordance with requirements at the time so would normally reject my claim but could not do so as were waiting for the outcome of the JR and depending on the outcome of that, would have to re-review my case. Why not reject it immediately?

What are the general views about unadvised sales?
                Are my points reasonable or should I just sent it to the FOS?

Comment

Had a reply from FOS saying that my Cap 1 claim has not been upheld,have now passed it to the Ombudsman

Comment

just spoke to a team leader @ LLoyds, unable to confirm if will be following HBOS stance of 'no quibble'.

Also they have issued a number of final responses in last 3 working days to customers without sending copies to 3rd parties - blaming system errors???? - Mailny of use to CMC's viewing here.

Comment

If HBOS now also "no quibble" will that apply to my claim which was sent from CitiFinancial to Opus?

Comment

Originally posted by flossie View Post
                        If HBOS now also "no quibble" will that apply to my claim which was sent from CitiFinancial to Opus?
                        Not sure if only applies to HBOS "actual" claims or if this would extend to Opus as they are issued by BOS, also would depend on if Opus received complaint before the cut off.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul210 View Post
                          just spoke to a team leader @ LLoyds, unable to confirm if will be following HBOS stance of 'no quibble'.

Also they have issued a number of final responses in last 3 working days to customers without sending copies to 3rd parties - blaming system errors???? - Mailny of use to CMC's viewing here.
                          Yes, I have written to all my clients warning them of "offers" made direct to them (and not copied to me) from lenders who will probably attempt to settle for less than is due, saying don't accept anything withour first referring it to me.
                          JDEH

Comment

Chased my M&S money re-complaint (the one where they sent me back the form with "we strongly recommend you take this cover") and believe it or not the are even having issued a final response putting me into the 16 weeks bracket, b******s.

On a cheerior not though got a full refund with compound interest on a MINT card from 2004.

Premium refund £1,287
                            Compound interest £588.18
                            Gross Interest £428.71
                            Less Tax £85.74
                            Simple Interest at 8% £137.35
                            Less Tax £27.47
                            Total Offer £2328.11

Refund includes any overlimit fees charged whil PPI was being charged (surprise!).

Surprised about compound interest and tax though but pleased as punch to get it all back.

Keep on chasing them thats what I say.

Comment

lloyds just advised us that the last 100,000 claims they have been processed have been done "accidentally" wrong and the clients have been sent offers directly without them going through their cmc, we have had 3 clients advise us of offers having been sent directly to them today,

I wondered if any other cmc's have experienced this , or are aware of this and if lloyds have advised them anything, or if anyone has a senior contact at lloyds they could suggest we could talk to , in order to find out any information?

thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by Paul210 View Post
                                Not sure if only applies to HBOS "actual" claims or if this would extend to Opus as they are issued by BOS, also would depend on if Opus received complaint before the cut off.
                                Complaint sent in January. I sent it to CitiFinancial but got the response from Opus placing it on hold due to JR.
                                I had closed the account the August before they transferred to Opus so had assumed Citi would deal with it, but evidently not!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X