• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Very pleased for you Soapy...........well done

I heard from the FOS last week that LTSB were going to repay the last loan PPI with that bank (which dates back to the early 1990s!!!) as a gesture of goodwill - I don't know how much yet but as I paid it for 7 years it should be a reasonable amount Will keep you all posted...............

Nellie x

Comment

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Why do Barclays need an extension to PPI complaint handling? All they need to do, short term is to increase numbers to send out settlement offers using a specific set of rules then a team to deal with payments.
      Other firms that are using the new rules to deal with complaints may uphold or reject a pre April 2011. Complete and utter mess to be honest. Why they simply didn't have a formula in place prior to it(it's called future planning) is beyond me.
      "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
      (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Barclays offers no-quibble PPI claims payout (14 Jun 2011 00:00)

Comment

The banks seem to have never thought they would lose the court case and even if they did, they were always under the impression that they could appeal....

Why spend millions on dealing with and processing complaints when we can just put them all in storage until that glorious day when we can write to them all with a standard letter saying

" Sorry, due to the recent court case we no longer have to pay you"

Now, Thanks to that wonderful judge

" What do you mean we lost..? " Gulp... What do we do now... ?

As in the immortal words of Sam Beckett of Quantum Leap " oh boy !! "

Just think they were never prepared for this , both the result and the severity of it

Comment

Not all are following Barclays then

Lloyd's & RBS won't follow Barclays lead

Comment

Originally posted by mosten View Post
              The banks seem to have never thought they would lose the court case and even if they did, they were always under the impression that they could appeal....

Why spend millions on dealing with and processing complaints when we can just put them all in storage until that glorious day when we can write to them all with a standard letter saying

" Sorry, due to the recent court case we no longer have to pay you"

Now, Thanks to that wonderful judge

" What do you mean we lost..? " Gulp... What do we do now... ?

As in the immortal words of Sam Beckett of Quantum Leap " oh boy !! "

Just think they were never prepared for this , both the result and the severity of it

best I could find

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
                Good point maybe we should do a list of which cards are with whom, no good people thinking they haven't got a claim by not knowing there card is part of one of the main banks.
                Who Owns Who? -Credit Cards - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

This may well be out of date and require updating but is a good starting point by Nattie.
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                  Who Owns Who? -Credit Cards - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

This may well be out of date and require updating but is a good starting point by Nattie.
                  If someone wants to update this(generally called the "bell the cat" system) then feel free to because unfortunately, I don't have the time to do it myself so that the list can be updated.
                  Would be helpful IMHO

Comment

learned colleagues can I ask some advice. A friend has a PPI issue with a double glazing window company. The circumstances are that they offered a discount on double glazing but only if he took out Payment Protection insurance. In reply to his complaint they said that because there was no financial loss to him in that the discount was greater than the PPI £5k compared to £2.5K (inc interest) that they do not think they should pay compensation. They have said that he can refer it to FOS but oddly they also cite that the FOS has never upheld a complaint for the reason that there was no financial loss. My view would be that the 'discount' was merely a reduction on a vastly inflated price and they got the premium and no doubt commission from the broker. They confirmed in their letter that they had recommended the PPI to him based on a set of tick boxes he ticked. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by stevesouth33 View Post
                      learned colleagues can I ask some advice. A friend has a PPI issue with a double glazing window company. The circumstances are that they offered a discount on double glazing but only if he took out Payment Protection insurance. In reply to his complaint they said that because there was no financial loss to him in that the discount was greater than the PPI £5k compared to £2.5K (inc interest) that they do not think they should pay compensation. They have said that he can refer it to FOS but oddly they also cite that the FOS has never upheld a complaint for the reason that there was no financial loss. My view would be that the 'discount' was merely a reduction on a vastly inflated price and they got the premium and no doubt commission from the broker. They confirmed in their letter that they had recommended the PPI to him based on a set of tick boxes he ticked. Any help would be appreciated.
                      You're not taking them to the FOS over financial loss but because the PPI was missold so their argument is irrelevant to your case.

Is the only reason that you are taking them to the FOS because the FOS was not given as optional or is there further policy exclusions that would mean that you couldn't claim on the policy?

Comment

They didnt even ask about pre-existing conditions, and although there were none, it clearly was not dealt with correctly.

Comment

hi just phoned egg credit card girl i spoke to didn't know anything about barclays statement after i told her she said no we're not doing that some are getting upheld and some are getting rejected! where do they get the staff the don't have a clue!

:tinysmile_kiss_t4:

Comment

Originally posted by stevesouth33 View Post
                            "The FOS have never upheld a complaint where there was no financial loss" does not relate to these circumstances. It does happen where someone has claimed more in benefit from ppi than they paid premiums i.e. had for 6 months, then claimed for 12 months, then complained - but thats a completely different situation to this.

Their choice to discount the product is a commecial one they chose, FOS will not factor this into any cost versus benfit calculations for an insurance mis-sell complaint.

I would reply to their final response detailing this and see if they just batted back hoping this would go away, best case scenario is they uphold complaint, worst case they say no and you go to FOS anyway. Many people on here would say just go straight to FOS but why join an extemely long queue at FOS for the sake of a letter and waiting 21 days, you never know...

Comment

Originally posted by k77mss View Post
                              hi just phoned egg credit card girl i spoke to didn't know anything about barclays statement after i told her she said no we're not doing that some are getting upheld and some are getting rejected! where do they get the staff the don't have a clue!

:tinysmile_kiss_t4:

Presumably, the female EGG credit Card telephone operator, didn't know that Barclays PLC bought Egg Credit Cards in March/April 2011, either?

What is the old saying?

If you pay peanuts, you'll get Monleys!

Comment

Arrived home late from work tonight and found that i had a message from my CMC ( a first!) It said that they were sending me three forms for me to fill in and send back to the ombudsman. Is this normal? If so what does it mean. Why do you always get this sort of message when the place is shut? LOL

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X