• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Originally posted by skv123 View Post
    Has anyone been able to make progress against RBS?

RBS are stil making offers as "gestures of goodwill" when they state verbally the complaint has been upheld. They are refunding the PPI paid but not offering the 8%.

I have spoken to them directly and got nowhere other than being told their policy is not to pay it adn if we want it we must go to the FOS.

I have also written to the FSA on the point. I just wonderd if anyone else had any experience?
    Are they merely offering a refund of premiums but not a compensatory level for the money being deprived from you?
    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
    Originally posted by skv123 View Post
    Has anyone been able to make progress against RBS?

RBS are stil making offers as "gestures of goodwill" when they state verbally the complaint has been upheld. They are refunding the PPI paid but not offering the 8%.

I have spoken to them directly and got nowhere other than being told their policy is not to pay it adn if we want it we must go to the FOS.

I have also written to the FSA on the point. I just wonderd if anyone else had any experience?
    Are they merely offering a refund of premiums but not a compensatory level for the money being deprived from you? I think most of the banks are sticking to the policy of refund of premiums but not compensatory amount.
    Last edited by leclerc; 18th May 2011, 11:11:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

how does the ombudsman approach redress where a PPI policy has been mis-sold?

This is how the FOS calculate redress but it will be based on individual circumstances so not every scenario will necessarily fit your criteria.
      "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
      (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

I just had another conversation with RBS who still tell me my complaint is on hold. I drew the chaps attention to the website (yes their very own website) which clearly states they are now dealing with the backlog. "That's not what we have been told!" the shocked T**T then exclaimed. They realy are bad and having read the thread about redress above, that just cannot be right that they get away with that as both RBS and the BBA said they would be paying compensation where appropriate. My suggestion on this point is to raise a complaint not through FOS but the FSA, to ask why the financial firms are not offerering redress according to the priniples an dopen letter.

Comment

Originally posted by stevesouth33 View Post
          I just had another conversation with RBS who still tell me my complaint is on hold. I drew the chaps attention to the website (yes their very own website) which clearly states they are now dealing with the backlog. "That's not what we have been told!" the shocked T**T then exclaimed. They realy are bad and having read the thread about redress above, that just cannot be right that they get away with that as both RBS and the BBA said they would be paying compensation where appropriate. My suggestion on this point is to raise a complaint not through FOS but the FSA, to ask why the financial firms are not offerering redress according to the priniples an dopen letter.
          In direct contradiction to this I've rceived a letter this morning adressed to our CMC covering all complaints we have outstanding with RBS stating as follows;

"We wrote recently saying that our mutual customers complaints had been put on hold due the the PPI court case.

We are pleased to confirm that the court case is now complete and we are now able to progress these complaints. We thank you for your continued patience and look forward to providing you with a full reponse to the concerns raised.

We will be responding to customers in the order that complaints were recevied so you dont need to do anything in response to this letter. However, if you would like to speak to us, please do so on the number above.

yours sincerely etc etc"

This either means that they are lying to buy time with CMC's or that the guy you spoke with hasnt been kept in the loop, either way it doesnt instil confidence that they are on top of the situation..

Comment

theres been a few requests on the various threads about this,now got this as an email, re refunds while on an iva,being bankrupt (from which magazine,i,m not bankrupt myself)

http://www.which.co.uk/news/2011/05/.../?cmp=em-money
            Last edited by cappo; 18th May 2011, 14:31:PM.

Comment

and guess what was on the doormat when I got home a letter from RBS saying exactly that the complaint is now being investigated as the judicial review process has been concluded. They really are in a bit of a kerfuffle I think.

Comment

and guess what was on the doormat when I got home a letter from RBS saying exactly that the complaint is now being investigated as the judicial review process has been concluded. They really are in a bit of a kerfuffle I think.
                RBS - Right Bloody Shower!

Comment

just phoned RBS to ask them why they are verbally still telling me that my complaint is on hold but also written to me to say its not on hold and is being processed. The answer to the confusion is that all the 'on hold subject to JR cases' are still in secure storage in "IRON MOUNTAIN" storage facillity until such time as they get them back from secure storage they cannot continue their investigations to a conclusion. Over more bizzarely they are now dealing with new complaints that are coming in now, so the pooor folks that were put on hold are effectivly locked in IRON MOUNTAIN. I am absolutely certain that the next excuse will be that Lord Lucan riding on Shergar will perform a midnight raid on Iron mountain, pinch all the paperwork and ride back to never never land. Interestingly Iron Mountain does exist and is a document retention company, still all a bit of a faff though.

http://www.ironmountain.co.uk/index.asp

Cracking pic on the iron mountain website of an RBS lady with a pile of on hold complaints in front of her.
                  Originally posted by Paul210 View Post
                  RBS - Right Bloody Shower!

It just gets better and better...
                  Last edited by stevesouth33; 18th May 2011, 15:40:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

so they're not dealing with complaints, contrary to their letters, they havent even recalled files from storage despite having a week and a half to do so.

Also, why do they need the files, if as their hold letters stated they had investigated the complaints and were simply awaiting JR decision to see how impacted final response then surely its as simple as having 2 outcomes on their system, outcome A for if principles apply and outcome B for if they dont. Surely it wouldnt have been too taxing for RBS' IT bods to allow them to have 2 options available, they could then simply select appropriate once JR outcome became known and thousands of final decision letters would be generated withing a matter of hours. - Problem solved.

Comment

I think the problem is that most of the banks had absolutely not even the slightest thought that it would ever be resolved in years, so they just stored them away with whatever investigation that had been done intact. Then the reality hit - oopsy we are going to have to sort these. What it does feel like is that the on-hold ones might have been good ones from the point of view of the customer, but frankly if they are going to just start with offering the refund without compensation thats just ridiculous. i think your point Paul about the 2 options on the system is a good one, I dont get the impression that they are processed systemically. I think the two options in the system should have been LIKEY or NOLIKEY, the latter meaning payout.

Comment

just phoned RBS to ask them why they are verbally still telling me that my complaint is on hold but also written to me to say its not on hold and is being processed. The answer to the confusion is that all the 'on hold subject to JR cases' are still in secure storage in "IRON MOUNTAIN" storage facillity until such time as they get them back from secure storage they cannot continue their investigations to a conclusion. Over more bizzarely they are now dealing with new complaints that are coming in now, so the pooor folks that were put on hold are effectivly locked in IRON MOUNTAIN. I am absolutely certain that the next excuse will be that Lord Lucan riding on Shergar will perform a midnight raid on Iron mountain, pinch all the paperwork and ride back to never never land. Interestingly Iron Mountain does exist and is a document retention company, still all a bit of a faff though.

http://www.ironmountain.co.uk/index.asp

Cracking pic on the iron mountain website of an RBS lady with a pile of on hold complaints in front of her.

It just gets better and better...

i don,t know about iron mountain,i certainly think most bankers live in cloud cukoo land!

Comment

So if the banks are not exactly playing fair with the complaints that they put on an unsanctioned hold on for months, what options are open to us?

Apart from joining the incredibly large backlog at the FOS, what else can we do?

Anything?

Or do we just sit about patiently for maybe another 6 months whilst the banks find their bearings?

Even when the banks lose a monumental court case, they can still call the shots, make the rules and take their time because their doesn't seem to be anyone to spank their bottoms to get them to get a bloody move on!

Super, smashing absolutely bloody great!

Comment

We assumed as long as the appeal did not go ahead, they would have to get on with complaints straight away, that is mis leading.

Where is the fairness of treating customers fairly here?
                            They make us wait through the JR and continue to do so even now the JR's all over.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                              We assumed as long as the appeal did not go ahead, they would have to get on with complaints straight away, that is mis leading.

Where is the fairness of treating customers fairly here?
                              They make us wait through the JR and continue to do so even now the JR's all over.

Yip, cause they don't seem to have to answer to anyone so they are free to treat customers how they like even when they lose.

Perhaps if their regulator flexed a bit of authority and used or even threatened whatever punishments they can, maybe then the banks would buck up their ideas!

Why should we or the FSA give them anymore time?! They caused the backlog!
                              Last edited by SoapyBubbles; 18th May 2011, 19:00:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SoapyBubbles View Post
                                Yip, cause they don't seem to have to answer to anyone so they are free to treat customers how they like even when they lose.

Perhaps if their regulator flexed a bit of authority and used or ever threatened whatever punishments they can, maybe then the banks would buck up their ideas!

Why should we or the FSA give them anymore time?! They caused the backlog!

Exactly!

Even though the banks have set aside all that money to refund customers, it seems before they will assess complaints they are looking at ways to claw it back already!
                                Yet another punishment for customers!!!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X