• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Originally posted by Paul210 View Post
    "We are also obliged to report the Telegraph’s poisonous personal attack on Angela Knight "

thats nothing to do with her being the mouthpeice of the BBA during its systematic attack on the rights of consumers then....
    Madame Knight, has not been top of the popularity polls.

One wonders, why?:beagle:

Comment

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

maybe the BBA should have a quick look on some forums as well as just the mainstream media (starting here)... that would really make them complain about the way shes viewed!

Comment

It will be intersting to see how the members who have had their alleged debts sold to DCA debt buying firms, whilst in Dispute with the OC about mis-sold PPI.

These members have been hounded by DCA's for payment of monies that, is made up of useless PPI premiums and interest that accrued on same.

These members have incorrect data registered on their CRA credit files, also.

Sounds like, it will be a bungly bing tangle of problems that will have to be straightened out, in order to compensate those victims of the Banks mis-selling of PPI!

Comment

just spoke with HBOS. they are stating no official policy yet but been told that all complaints to be worked in date order from when originally lodged, effectively means a new claim lodged tomorrow will be back of the queue behind the JR delayed cases. Great if youve been on hold the last 6 months but does mean theres a chance new complaints may not be dealt with within the 8 weeks timeframe.

Also confirmed all complaints on hold will get a letter stating whats heppening and apologising (yes he did way that word although I think may be watered down to a 'deep regret' or likewise before any actually sent out) for the delays in getting responses out during JR hold.

Comment

just spoke with HBOS. they are stating no official policy yet but been told that all complaints to be worked in date order from when originally lodged, effectively means a new claim lodged tomorrow will be back of the queue behind the JR delayed cases. Great if youve been on hold the last 6 months but does mean theres a chance new complaints may not be dealt with within the 8 weeks timeframe.

But that does mean the consumer is then at liberty to take the complaint to the FOS where the bank will be subject to a further fee and at £500 a shot it is there interest to settle claims and thuse take on more staff if they cant
            If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

except they will know that most people in the know will think twice before going to FOS because their backlog is even worse and the ones not in the know wont know any better, I'd gues for the few that do go to FOS the FOS case fees may well be cheaper than the costs of bringing in more people.

Comment

Called Egg again today - my complaint is still on hold and they're still waiting to hear from their legal team before there's a process to move things forward.

I can't understand why they didn't prepare for this eventuality. If I were a shareholder I'd be absolutely furious. I hope the FSA drops a monumental fine on them.

Comment

Originally posted by igglepiggle View Post
                  Called Egg again today - my complaint is still on hold and they're still waiting to hear from their legal team before there's a process to move things forward.

I can't understand why they didn't prepare for this eventuality. If I were a shareholder I'd be absolutely furious. I hope the FSA drops a monumental fine on them.

The Rotten EGG, as usual!

Comment

Stalling tactics!!!

And another thing where consumers are now trying to make complaints and trying to get hold of data being told they were not sold PPI, a way for banks to keep the complaints down I expect, but consumers already knew ppi was added to all loans, credit cards etc.

Comment

Originally posted by igglepiggle View Post

Maybe, Barclays could provide an answer?
                      http://new.egg.com/visitor/0,,3_1205...w_2612,00.html

Comment

I asked the FSA what the bill was for external professional and legal fees in defending the Judicial Review under the Freedom of Information Act.

They've responded with a total figure of £867,346.78 + VAT. I would imagine the FOS incurred a similar bill but of course Justice Ousley awarded the costs against the BBA at the judgment hand-down. And with the BBA's and Nemo's own costs I reckon they wouldn't have got much change from £5 million.

Not that much when compared to the billions the banks are now liable for in PPI redress but nonetheless a large chunk of change to lay out for being humiliated in court.

Comment

When everyone starts receiving their refunds from the banks I just hope they dont short change anyone and that they add the appropriate interest charge of 8% (which I am assuming this is the minimal amount that they should receive)

I guess everyone should put onto a basic spready the amounts paid with 8% interest based on the dates of payments to check if the figures are correct.

Maybe we should start thinking about this whilst everyone is waiting?

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ead.php?t=4776

Comment

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post
                            When everyone starts receiving their refunds from the banks I just hope they dont short change anyone and that they add the appropriate interest charge of 8% (which I am assuming this is the minimal amount that they should receive)

I guess everyone should put onto a basic spready the amounts paid with 8% interest based on the dates of payments to check if the figures are correct.

Maybe we should start thinking about this whilst everyone is waiting?

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ead.php?t=4776

Great idea Tuttsi. I think that's wise, because I have a feeling as stated there will be interest issues, many will be short changed, there will be many mistakes made, and of course if they are taking on extra staff to keep up with the demand, how well trained will they be I wonder?

That's interesting EXC, although like you said that is nothing compared to what they have to pay out, but still its a lot more now LOL.

Comment

These recent issues of some requesting for paperwork and told they have no PPI makes my blood boil because they have been very hesitant as well!

A friend of mine was told the same on the phone, she called in the branch, had a word with her manager, and it all came up in black and white PPI on loans and credit cards since the 90's!

Comment

I guarantee you Di, that they wont over pay - underpay is more like it and peeps have to be able to confirm when they receive the letters that they agree with the sum that they have calculated and which they are paying back.

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                                Great idea Tuttsi. I think that's wise, because I have a feeling as stated there will be interest issues, many will be short changed, there will be many mistakes made, and of course if they are taking on extra staff to keep up with the demand, how well trained will they be I wonder?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X