• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

I guessed as much:
    There will be much dragging of heels...

Comment

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Hmmmmmm so had a call with both MBNA and Barclays today regarding PPI complaints which have been on hold for the last 6-7 months.

Both seemed to be using the same lines such as

'still waiting on guidance'

'no timescales'

'reviewing information from the FSA and FOS to see what our next step is'

I know Barclays and other banks have information on their websites for people who are about to start a complaint about PPI.

However I do detect a distinct lack of information for customers who have waited 6 months and more during the Judicial Review.

And now that the Judicial Review is totally finished, the banks are still not supplying ANY information to the customers who have waited patiently the last 6-7 months whilst their complaints were on hold.

Granted I know the JR only really finished on Monday past, but surely ALL the banks should have immediately responded to the customers they have made wait for half a year? I don't think a line on their websites stating that if you have already submitted a complaint with regards to PPI that they will be in contact with you, is good enough. There should be detailed information on their websites and available by phone for the customers that have been waiting.

Are all banks using the same lines?

If your bank had put your complaint on hold because of the Judicial Review, what information have you received now that the Judicial Review is finished?

Surely there's something fishy going on if they are all using the same lines like

'waiting on guidance'

As I said I know the JR really only did finish on Monday past and perhaps and I should give the banks a little time to get things sorted. There again they did put my complaints on hold for 6 months so why should I give them anything!?

Screw em!
      Last edited by SoapyBubbles; 11th May 2011, 16:15:PM.

Comment

So even though all this is over, they still want to hold on to our complaints!

Surely they know the score by now, isn't it something like a week tomorrow Lloyds caved in?

This is not right though really is it?

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
          So even though all this is over, they still want to hold on to our complaints!

Surely they know the score by now, isn't it something like a week tomorrow Lloyds caved in?

This is not right though really is it?
          Hi Di!

Has Lloyds or any other bank provided detailed information either via their websites or on the phone to customers who's complaints were on hold during the JR?

I can find nothing. I can find plenty of info on Barclays website if you want to start a PPI complaint but can find absolutely no information relevant to tweeps that have have already submitted complaints months ago which were then put on an unsanctioned hold.

Comment

Originally posted by SoapyBubbles View Post
            Hi Di!

Has Lloyds or any other bank provided detailed information either via their websites or on the phone to customers who's complaints were on hold during the JR?

I can find nothing. I can find plenty of info on Barclays website if you want to start a PPI complaint but can find absolutely no information relevant to tweeps that have have already submitted complaints months ago which were then put on an unsanctioned hold.

Hiya SoapyBubbles.

No not up to now, only that they no longer support the BBA and aim to swiftly move on with complaints etc.
            The email i received 2 days ago, they did say they could not give me a timescale of when they will be dealing or when we should hear from them. (Lloyds).

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
              Hiya SoapyBubbles.

No not up to now, only that they no longer support the BBA and aim to swiftly move on with complaints etc.
              The email i received 2 days ago, they did say they could not give me a timescale of when they will be dealing or when we should hear from them. (Lloyds).

Exactly what MBNA and Barclays said to me.

No timescale? So the banks got away with putting complaints on hold and now they can't give timescales.

So we could be waiting months rather than weeks before anyone starts getting 'final responses'?

And if the FSA done nothing during the unsanctioned hold the banks used, I can hardly foresee them flexing their supposed authority now to get banks to put a spring in their step!

What the hell were the banks doing during the Judicial Review? They've had loads of time to do loads of groundwork on the complaints that were on hold but now they're probably going to be looking more time!

GRRRRRR! AGGHHHHHHHH!

Comment

Are you surprised? I'm not. There will be plenty of dirty tricks to come yet with regard to claims.
                Thanks!

Debtisbad

Comment

Originally posted by debtisbad View Post
                  Are you surprised? I'm not. There will be plenty of dirty tricks to come yet with regard to claims.

:lalala:

LoL

Comment

Hi Steve,

yip does indeed sound like the same problems I've been encountering with MBNA/Bank of America. I called them on Monday afternoon when the news was released there was no appeal. Their generic response was 'we are still waiting on guidance'. I then told them my complaint was on hold for 7 months and the law of the land has given the banks all the guidance they need, so who exactly are they waiting on guidance from. All I kept getting was 'we have no further information' to give you'. So...

I called MBNA back today and asked for an update on my pending complaints. Guess what I was told? That they were still waiting on guidance! I was now very angry and began raising my voice. I demanded to know who they are waiting on guidance from and when they hope to receive this guidance. The lady and myself then exchanged a few remarks but my question was still not answered. I told her that Lloyds and Barclays and lots of information on their websites with regards to what happens now that there is no appeal. I told her MBNA's website has absolutely nothing on it. Considering the size of the MBNA and the PPI they have sold I thought that it would of been updated immediately. The lady then told me to wait as she went to talk to her manager. So appox 15 mins waiting she come back to me. She informed me that she would hope that the final response to my complaint could be received as early as late next week (as it was one of the first to be put on hold) however she could not guarantee this. She also told me that the MBNA complaints department were waiting on further guidance/information from senior managers within the company. They hope this information will be passed down from the senior managers soon and then the public will be made aware of how MBNA will be handling complaints.

She give me her number and extension and told me to call back next Thursday for an update.

Who knows their website might be updated before then.

I think 'leclerc' said that Bank of America had updated their website with regards to how they will handle PPI complaints but I can't seem to find this information.
                    Hi Soapy,

Looks like I am in the same boat as you with many of the same lenders , who all seem to be as bad as each other.

Quick question if I may - how old are your MBNA accounts?
                    Mine go back to the late 90's and whilst they havn't knocked them back yet (been on hold for months) I have asked the FOS if they could handle them and they say no as the wernt regulated at the time and I therefore must go after the insurer / underwritter.

Good luck with your fight.

Matty.
                    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                    Originally posted by debtisbad View Post
                    Agreed - they are not going to bust a gut to clear this up anytime soon.
                    Next excuse will be delays due to massive backlogs....

Matty
                    Last edited by MattyA; 11th May 2011, 17:02:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Would be interesting to know what the legal aspect of this is now that the JR was lost, does it strengthen any court case or does that remain the same as it did not go to appeal.

Lots of questions to be asked on the legal side.
                      If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                        Would be interesting to know what the legal aspect of this is now that the JR was lost, does it strengthen any court case or does that remain the same as it did not go to appeal.
                        If you mean does the JR give claimants anymore legal ammunition in a court for PPI claims, the answer is no. But it does strengthen the grounds for complaints to the bank and FOS.

Comment

Hi Steve,

yip does indeed sound like the same problems I've been encountering with MBNA/Bank of America. I called them on Monday afternoon when the news was released there was no appeal. Their generic response was 'we are still waiting on guidance'. I then told them my complaint was on hold for 7 months and the law of the land has given the banks all the guidance they need, so who exactly are they waiting on guidance from. All I kept getting was 'we have no further information' to give you'. So...

I called MBNA back today and asked for an update on my pending complaints. Guess what I was told? That they were still waiting on guidance! I was now very angry and began raising my voice. I demanded to know who they are waiting on guidance from and when they hope to receive this guidance. The lady and myself then exchanged a few remarks but my question was still not answered. I told her that Lloyds and Barclays and lots of information on their websites with regards to what happens now that there is no appeal. I told her MBNA's website has absolutely nothing on it. Considering the size of the MBNA and the PPI they have sold I thought that it would of been updated immediately. The lady then told me to wait as she went to talk to her manager. So appox 15 mins waiting she come back to me. She informed me that she would hope that the final response to my complaint could be received as early as late next week (as it was one of the first to be put on hold) however she could not guarantee this. She also told me that the MBNA complaints department were waiting on further guidance/information from senior managers within the company. They hope this information will be passed down from the senior managers soon and then the public will be made aware of how MBNA will be handling complaints.

She give me her number and extension and told me to call back next Thursday for an update.

Who knows their website might be updated before then.

I think 'leclerc' said that Bank of America had updated their website with regards to how they will handle PPI complaints but I can't seem to find this information.
                          i emailed ceo mbna yesterday stating that since monday's decision i would be expecting my complaint to be looked at very soon as mine has been on hold since 28th september and should be near top of pile.got email back today from an customer complaints manager saying he could confirm they will provide me with a responce within next 15 working days not holdind my breath just keeping fingers crossed

Comment

Originally posted by stevesouth33 View Post
                            I just had a call with a FOS adjudicator regarding a complaint I made for four loans I had since 1996. The bank HFC had been refusing to deal with the FOS until they contacted them today and made an offer of redress. Unfortuantely the adjudicator is on holiday now for two weeks so I have to wait to get the details but that made my day. Maybe this is the first glimmer of change in a material way.

What's the rule again - never accept the first, second or third offer?
                            well done sounds good i've got one too with fos for hfc adjudicator has upheld mine 3weeks ago but no contact from hfc since they send letter to them.is this same as your hope i get a response like yours soon that would be good but thinking the'll hold out for ombudsman :tinysmile_cry_t:

Comment

Re: The BoA Corp and MBNA, this is what they had to say in November 2010:
                              http://www.financialcomplaintsbureau...or-ppi-claims/

Methinks, they will have to top up the fund, just a little bit...

Comment

Barclays amendment to their accounts.

"Tackling poor PPI sales practices remains a priority for the FSA who issued a Policy Statement on 10th August, 2010 which amends the DISP (Dispute Resolution: Complaints) rules in the FSA Sourcebook for the handling of such complaints. Firms were initially required by the FSA to implement the new measures by 1st December, 2010. In October 2010, the British Bankers’ Association launched a judicial review of the FSA on the basis that the Policy Statement applies incorrect standards for the management of PPI sales complaints, including retrospective application of rules with higher standards than those in place at the time of sale. These proceedings were also against the Financial Ombudsman Service which seeks to implement the same standards for the resolution of complaints referred to it.

The judgment on the judicial review proceedings was announced on 20th April, 2011 in favour of the FSA and the Financial Ombudsman Service. On 9th May, 2011, the Bank announced that it will not participate in any application for permission to appeal against the judgment and it will begin to process all on-hold and any new complaints from customers about PPI policies that they hold. While important aspects of the handling of PPI complaints, and therefore the cost of doing so, were not as at 11th May, 2011 certain, the Bank is taking a provision to cover the cost of future redress and administration of £1 billion in the second quarter of 2011."

http://www.rns-pdf.londonstockexchan...-2011-5-11.pdf

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X