• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
    DS,

IMNO, what this means is that they assessed it with the old rules, now that the JR is over and won they have to assess with due regard to ICOBS.

Regards
    The banks have always had to have regard to ICOB and ICOBS. The JR now means that they also have to have regards the Principles.

For example - from the judgment:

''There is no specific ICOB rule which prohibits the selling of a PPI policy to someone who can never claim under it, even where the seller knows that to be the case. Such conduct would be covered by Principles 1, 3 and 6.''

I suspect that First Direct were saying that in their view there was no breach of ICOB or ICOBS but there could have been a breach of the Principles.

Comment

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
      what this means is that they assessed it with the old rules, now that the JR is over and won they have to assess with due regard to ICOBS.
      Great, thanks PF. I'll get in touch with 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
        Bank Of America have updated their site so well done to them.

Have you a link to this please? As I am having huge problems getting information of substance from MBNA via phone?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by SoapyBubbles View Post
          Have you a link to this please? As I am having huge problems getting information of substance from MBNA via phone?

Thanks
          MBNA are not the same thing to be honest. MBNA website is of the websites referring to the old info
          "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
          (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
            MBNA are not the same thing to be honest. MBNA website is of the websites referring to the old info

Have you a link to the info on the 'Bank of America' website?

Comment

I spoke again today with RBOS (mint complaint) and they have once again told me that they are working out the finer details with the FSA and are not in a position to update their information or provide any final responses until they have had that guidance, the also confirmed that my cmplaint is still on hold as are all the others. I spoke to the FSA and they said that is not the case and they should have implemented the new rules in December and should now be handling all complaints as normal, which they are clearly not doing. The FSA took all the details from me and the have passed the information including the number I dialled and the person I spoke to, to their RBOS enforement team for them to look at.

Does seem a bit funny though that HSBC and RBOS are so far behind and M&S money is still today showing on their website under complaints handling a link to the BBA judicial reviews old message. Feels like some of the Banks were really certain this was going to be a protracted appeal process - and have not prepared for this eventuality at all - bless them!

Comment

Originally posted by stevesouth33 View Post
                I spoke again today with RBOS (mint complaint) and they have once again told me that they are working out the finer details with the FSA and are not in a position to update their information or provide any final responses until they have had that guidance, the also confirmed that my cmplaint is still on hold as are all the others. I spoke to the FSA and they said that is not the case and they should have implemented the new rules in December and should now be handling all complaints as normal, which they are clearly not doing. The FSA took all the details from me and the have passed the information including the number I dialled and the person I spoke to, to their RBOS enforement team for them to look at.

Does seem a bit funny though that HSBC and RBOS are so far behind and M&S money is still today showing on their website under complaints handling a link to the BBA judicial reviews old message. Feels like some of the Banks were really certain this was going to be a protracted appeal process - and have not prepared for this eventuality at all - bless them!

have you got the contact details i.e phone numbers for the fsa etc steve,might be handy for people on here who need to complain about a lenders response to there complaint.

Comment

FSA Details below and I went to option 1 on the automated service - takes about 15 minutes as they are very detailed in the information that the need.

Call us

You can call the Consumer Helpline Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays) from 8am to 6pm:
                  Telephone: 0845 606 1234
                  Typetalk: 18001 0845 606 1234
                  From overseas: (+44) 20 7066 1000 (main switchboard)
                  We are committed to providing you with a quality service, so calls may be recorded or monitored for training purposes.

Comment

MBNA Europe Bank is a subsidiary of BoA.

Here is the BoA complaints procedure:
                    http://www.bankofamerica.co.uk/conta...nts-procedure/

Comment

I just had a call with a FOS adjudicator regarding a complaint I made for four loans I had since 1996. The bank HFC had been refusing to deal with the FOS until they contacted them today and made an offer of redress. Unfortuantely the adjudicator is on holiday now for two weeks so I have to wait to get the details but that made my day. Maybe this is the first glimmer of change in a material way.

What's the rule again - never accept the first, second or third offer?

Comment

Nothing on the MBNA site, apart from the usual:
                        http://www.mbna.co.uk/contact-us/#top

Comment

Originally posted by stevesouth33 View Post

Hi Steve,

yip does indeed sound like the same problems I've been encountering with MBNA/Bank of America. I called them on Monday afternoon when the news was released there was no appeal. Their generic response was 'we are still waiting on guidance'. I then told them my complaint was on hold for 7 months and the law of the land has given the banks all the guidance they need, so who exactly are they waiting on guidance from. All I kept getting was 'we have no further information' to give you'. So...

I called MBNA back today and asked for an update on my pending complaints. Guess what I was told? That they were still waiting on guidance! I was now very angry and began raising my voice. I demanded to know who they are waiting on guidance from and when they hope to receive this guidance. The lady and myself then exchanged a few remarks but my question was still not answered. I told her that Lloyds and Barclays and lots of information on their websites with regards to what happens now that there is no appeal. I told her MBNA's website has absolutely nothing on it. Considering the size of the MBNA and the PPI they have sold I thought that it would of been updated immediately. The lady then told me to wait as she went to talk to her manager. So appox 15 mins waiting she come back to me. She informed me that she would hope that the final response to my complaint could be received as early as late next week (as it was one of the first to be put on hold) however she could not guarantee this. She also told me that the MBNA complaints department were waiting on further guidance/information from senior managers within the company. They hope this information will be passed down from the senior managers soon and then the public will be made aware of how MBNA will be handling complaints.

She give me her number and extension and told me to call back next Thursday for an update.

Who knows their website might be updated before then.

I think 'leclerc' said that Bank of America had updated their website with regards to how they will handle PPI complaints but I can't seem to find this information.

Comment

Originally posted by SoapyBubbles View Post
                            Hi Steve,

yip does indeed sound like the same problems I've been encountering with MBNA/Bank of America. I called them on Monday afternoon when the news was released there was no appeal. Their generic response was 'we are still waiting on guidance'. I then told them my complaint was on hold for 7 months and the law of the land has given the banks all the guidance they need, so who exactly are they waiting on guidance from. All I kept getting was 'we have no further information' to give you'. So...

I called MBNA back today and asked for an update on my pending complaints. Guess what I was told? That they were still waiting on guidance! I was now very angry and began raising my voice. I demanded to know who they are waiting on guidance from and when they hope to receive this guidance. The lady and myself then exchanged a few remarks but my question was still not answered. I told her that Lloyds and Barclays and lots of information on their websites with regards to what happens now that there is no appeal. I told her MBNA's website has absolutely nothing on it. Considering the size of the MBNA and the PPI they have sold I thought that it would of been updated immediately. The lady then told me to wait as she went to talk to her manager. So appox 15 mins waiting she come back to me. She informed me that she would hope that the final response to my complaint could be received as early as late next week (as it was one of the first to be put on hold) however she could not guarantee this. She also told me that the MBNA complaints department were waiting on further guidance/information from senior managers within the company. They hope this information will be passed down from the senior managers soon and then the public will be made aware of how MBNA will be handling complaints.

She give me her number and extension and told me to call back next Thursday for an update.

Who knows their website might be updated before then.

I think 'leclerc' said that Bank of America had updated their website with regards to how they will handle PPI complaints but I can't seem to find this information.
                            Not surprised about MBNA; the left hand never seems to know what the right hand is doing.

I also cannot find any information on the BoA site either?
                            Perhaps, leclerc will provide a link?

Comment

MBNA website is of the websites referring to the old info

No surprises there then
                              If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

M&S money is exactly the same, 'waiting for guidance' but all the guidance they need is contained within the dreaded principles, but the impression I got is that they just have not got the infrastructure to deal with it as it came as such a surprise (no appeal). The other thing that is obvious is the credit card companies seem to be way behind the bigger banks, and it is clear that HSBC are really narked and just digging their pretty little heals in (bit like a baby and a rattle). i think they might also start erring on the side of the customer rather than loading the FOS with more non-upheld complaints. I also think that their approach will end up being the same as each other it is just taking time for them to sort it out, and banks love to take time to sort things out.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X