• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

They have set aside £850 million for claims so I guess the obvious question is, as you've said, what is there to work out?

So far Lloyds and Barclays have set out a clear way as to how to complain about PPI. RBS/NatWest plus HSBC of the so called Big Four have yet to put on their respective websites as to how to complain about PPI.
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Originally posted by tatty27 View Post
      I have spoken to RBS this morning and they have told me that claims are still on hold until they have managed to work out what the full impact of the judical review is on the claims (haven't they had since January to think about that or didn't they feel they had to because they were so sure they'd win?)

They have also told me that they will not be revisting old claims that have been settled re the interest they should have paid but they did confirm they will be paying interest for the time the current claims have been on hold. I asked about interest when the claim wasn't on hold and they said they couldn't tell me.

They told me that they are dealing with the claims in the order they were recieved and seeing as they have had mine since August last year (one of the oldest claims they have apparently) mine will be one of the first dealt with

We'll see...
      my complaint has been in since 14 feb this year not been on hold and when i phoned this morning they told me the letter with their decision was posted on 6th may so should receive it any day. they wouldn't tell me over the phone the result maybe i'm getting rejected and thats why my complaint is getting through quicker hope not.my second complaint is being worked too so said won't be long till i know. i don't beleive these companies are working longest first, hear on here and mse customer getting replies quicker than mine and mine being in longer i wouldn't trust any of this lot of bankers or loan companies ever again! won't tell me whats in letter thats a joke their my bank and i bank online will discuss my account and take payments over the phone but won't say yes or no about my complaint over phone suppose i'll just need to wait for postman next few days!

Comment

I think it's standard policy not to tell you amounts etc over the phone tbh.

As for the queuing system, I think mine was being held for different reasons to yours.

Good luck though!

Comment

According to Clinton Manning in the Daily Mirror today The onus will still be on customers to come forward and claim back their cash, and any dent in the profits of Lloyds and RBS will delay the day when the Government can sell its shares and recoup the mammoth cost of the bail-outs.

Comment

Despite Lloyds taking on additional staff, they are unable to provide me with a rough timescale of when my 2 reclaims will be dealt with.
            I received the email below yesterday after asking them.

Dear,

Thank you for your recent communication sent to our Chief Executive Mr A Horta-Osório and our Customer Care Department in Newport.

You are quite correct in stating that we have now announced that we are no longer supporting the BBA's Judicial Review process.

As a result of the Judicial Review it has taken us longer than normal to assess your complaint and we recognise that we have not been able to respond to your complaint during this time. We now aim to respond in as swift a manner as possible following our announcement. I’m sorry but I’m unable to give a more detailed timescale.

We can assure you that this further delay will not count towards the time limits in which you can refer your complaint to Court or FOS, should you disagree with the final outcome of our assessment.

Yours sincerely

Customer Relations Manager – Lloyds TSB Group Operations

Comment

Banks PPI Climb-down could lower FOS Fees:

http://www.ifaonline.co.uk/ifaonline...lower-fos-fees

Advisers could face lower FOS fees next year as banks begin shouldering the cost of handling payment protection insurance (PPI) complaints against them, the ombudsman said.
              The ombudsman service hit the industry last month with a £25m levy it said was needed to cover the exceptional cost of dealing with the 5,000 complaints it is receiving about PPI every week.
              However, the British Bankers' Association (BBA) said yesterday it will not appeal a High Court judgment backing up the ombudsman's and FSA's view PPI had been widely mis-sold.

Banks, which were found to be the biggest culprits in the mis-selling scandal, had previously refused to either deal with the complaints internally or pay the cost of those complaints handled by FOS.

The climb-down has promoted calls from the wider industry for FOS to pass back the burden of the costs to the guilty parties, and hand back some of the £25m to levypayers

All firms authorised or registered by the FSA were hit with the levy, including those which have not had any cases referred to the ombudsman service.
              A FOS spokesperson said if the reserve was not needed it will be used to offset next year's levy.
              "If the reserve is not required, it will help to reduce calls on the industry next year," he said.
              But he added there is still "considerable uncertainty" about the volume, scale and type of PPI complaints and steps the ombudsman will need to take to resolve the large number of cases it has to deal with.
              The FOS said it has received over 200,000 complaints in total about PPI policies, with over 100,000 in the last financial year 2010/11. It has upheld three out of four cases in favour of consumers.

------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
              http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...I-cave-in.html

BBA's Angela Knight faces calls to quit after PPI cave in

Angela Knight, chief executive of the British Bankers' Association, should stand down following the collapse of the group's payment protection insurance appeal, leading members said.
              Last edited by di30; 10th May 2011, 15:26:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Hi all. I have just registered with the forum after 6 months lurking in cyberspace getting great advice from you all. I feel i know you all personally now.
                I put 5 claims in against RBS with a CMC ( wish i knew how easy it was before i did it) in August 2010. They were put on hold pending review like most were and are with the ombudsman.
                Does anyone know how many claims of that vintage are sitting on their desks/
                My CMC say they are waiting for a lot of details coming from the ombudsman over the next few weeks!
                Do you think she is psychic? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by oorbrian View Post
                  Hi all. I have just registered with the forum after 6 months lurking in cyberspace getting great advice from you all. I feel i know you all personally now.
                  I put 5 claims in against RBS with a CMC ( wish i knew how easy it was before i did it) in August 2010. They were put on hold pending review like most were and are with the ombudsman.
                  My CMC say they are waiting for a lot of details coming from the ombudsman over the next few weeks!

sorry found the welcome post
                  Last edited by cappo; 10th May 2011, 20:16:PM.

Comment

LOL
                    I understand that the FOS are due to publish an annual review of personal finance disputes on Wednesday of next week. Hopefully they may give an indication of when they expect to deal with the backlog of complaints.

Comment

i still personally think (and it,s only my opinion) that if they,ve put them on hold they might well be upheld as i tend to think that the banks were still rejecting all the cases they couid up until now and quickly, it,ll be interesting to see how many get rejected now, oh and welcome oorbrian and good luck i put up a separate welcome post but it seems to have disappeared.

Comment

apologies if this has already been posted up today

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2011...ppi-complaints

Comment

Originally posted by cappo View Post

One banker said there was substantial concern about call centres having enough capacity to deal with the inquiries that will be sparked by the recent publicity, even before banks start their efforts to contact customers.
                          Oh my Lord, will the left hand know what the right hand is doing?

One expected much foot dragging but now also chaos...

Comment

Oh my Lord, will the left hand know what the right hand is doing?

One expected much foot dragging but now also chaos...
                            AC,

Come on this is the British Banking System chaos should be expected lol.
                            If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                              AC,

Come on this is the British Banking System chaos should be expected lol.
                              PF, one would expect nothing less...:beagle:

Comment

Originally posted by cappo View Post

It would have been more required if this had not come to an end, or it would have taken them double the time, as stated via Lloyds it could take up to the end of the year as it stands now.
                                Come on folks, any offers? go on help them out LOL.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X