• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold

If Barclay's do throw in the towel, that is almost certainly the end as the Barclay's chairman is also chairman of the BBA.

Honestly cannot see this going to appeal, banks are not stupid (although we may think different lol) they know an appeal is a worthless exercise that will cost them dearly and as I said before when Lloyds pulled out the rest will fall like a pack of cards and that is what we are seeing.

Lets not forget the banks are under extreme pressure from the Media, Goverment, Charities, Forums, to make the right call and that is what we are seeing
    Last edited by pompeyfaith; 8th May 2011, 19:31:PM.
    If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2...-authority-fsa

sigpic

Comment

the big question is what are we all going to talk about when this is all over lol

Comment

It's clear from the the media coverage of both Lloyds & Barclays withdrawal of support for the BBA's appeal is a result of an arrangement with the FSA - it's been mentioned several times.

I think that any bank which doesn't disassociate itself with any appeal before the BBA decide whether to appeal or not will pay a heavy price for not doing so.

In my view those banks will be spared any fines for not implementing the measures in the Policy Statement in December as they should have. I don't think those banks will be spared the ''tough action'' the FSA promised to take on banks who erroneously suspended complaints that weren't directly related to the outcome of the Judicial Review.

This was made very clear in the FSA's letter to Trade Associations:

''We have since become aware that some firms are placing on hold nearly all of their PPI complaints, citing the Judicial Review as cause. We have also read with concern, statements made by some Trade Associations indicating that in their view, the measures contained in PS10/12 are not relevant whilst the Judicial Review is ongoing''.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/consumer...ppi_letter.pdf

Oddly enough about 6 weeks prior to the publication of the letter, an internal BBA member's document - a weekly summary of banking and finance coverage in the media - mysteriously found it's way into my inbox (attached) and which stated that the FSA Policy Statement ''........didn’t matter much given most [complaints] were on hold''.

The document was duly forwarded the FSA's Whistleblower department for which a grateful response was received.

Comment

I think that any bank which doesn't disassociate itself with any appeal before the BBA decide whether to appeal or not will pay a heavy price for not doing so.

In my view those banks will be spared any fines for not implementing the measures in the Policy Statement in December as they should have. I don't think those banks will be spared the ''tough action'' the FSA promised to take on banks who erroneously suspended complaints that weren't directly related to the outcome of the Judicial Review.
            That was my view also a couple of pages back so spot on

Oddly enough about 6 weeks prior to the publication of the letter, an internal BBA member's document - a weekly summary of banking and finance coverage in the media - mysteriously found it's way into my inbox (attached) and which stated that the FSA Policy Statement ''........didn’t matter much given most [complaints] were on hold''.

The document was duly forwarded the FSA's Whistleblower department for which a grateful response was received.
            Opps who checked there mailing lists

sigpic

Comment

the big question is what are we all going to talk about when this is all over lol
              Cappo,

Good question, however there should be plenty of refunds coming in so that will keep us all busy for a while.

sigpic

Comment

http://www.hrmagazine.co.uk/hro/news...-yougov-survey

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                  It's clear from the the media coverage of both Lloyds & Barclays withdrawal of support for the BBA's appeal is a result of an arrangement with the FSA - it's been mentioned several times.

This was made very clear in the FSA's letter to Trade Associations:

''We have since become aware that some firms are placing on hold nearly all of their PPI complaints, citing the Judicial Review as cause. We have also read with concern, statements made by some Trade Associations indicating that in their view, the measures contained in PS10/12 are not relevant whilst the Judicial Review is ongoing''.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/consumer...ppi_letter.pdf

The "leaked" document is quite dismissive really with regards to PPI and JR. Unbelievable how little they regard the press, it appears as though their press summaries are simply in these terms, " bank bashing", " that old chestnut yet again" "bored" and "who cares"(think the advert for underdog company .
                  "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                  (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by cappo View Post

I'm sure we will think of something , there is always something that involves the banks...LOL.

Comment

A big Thank You to everyone for keeping people like me informed. I've said it once before and I absolutely mean it. This is the BEST RESOURCE on PPI (judicial review)on the internet. Nothing else gets close.

The Barclays news has come as a pleasant surprise. I was not expecting it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by cappo View Post
                        I have to say, that should I be eating my hat, that it is gonna be the question I have cos I've been on the forums since the bank charges stuff, stuck around and was disappointed by that result. We got the PPI court case and would appear to have won which is a nice feeling to have but what is the next big thing on misselling(I think I know already but what about everyone else?)
                        "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                        (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by morpheus View Post
                          A big Thank You to everyone for keeping people like me informed. I've said it once before and I absolutely mean it. This is the BEST RESOURCE on PPI (judicial review)on the internet. Nothing else gets close.

The Barclays news has come as a pleasant surprise. I was not expecting it at all.

Yes its looking good and hopeful now for other banks to do the same thing, i do certainly hope so.

Comment

what is the next big thing on misselling(I think I know already but what about everyone else?)

Packaged Accounts yes ......... no come on then Leclerc do not keep us all in suspense spill the beans man I may even let you off eating that hat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now there's a bargain.

sigpic

Comment

Remember Guys, the show isn't over yet.
                              Not the time for throwing hats in the air or, eating them either.

And, even if the judgement is not appealed, there are many obstacles to overcome...

Best to wait and see!

Comment

Looks like our hunches are right PF up to now .
                                It will be in the media tomorrow about the announcement of Barclays I think, well to confirm it anyway, then others will follow on.....fingers crossed.

------------------------------- merged -------------------------------

Editing, yes AC, I believe so too, there will be obstacles.
                                Last edited by di30; 8th May 2011, 22:28:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X