• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold

Martin lewis on the one show talking about it! NOW
    Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Well, up to now no response from lloyds, yet they are probably still in shock LOL, see if they email back with anything tomorrow.

Comment

".......(apart from a banker....nearly wrote a rude word just then)......"

You did lol!
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

And a short video link via Martin Lewis.....on how the banks are behaving.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourc...5a8278a0e5ceb2

Comment

so wheres the white knight Knight (sic) wiped the smile off that tarts face.....)

Comment

I note Lloyds TSB have today updated their website on the complaints method since today's outcome.

http://www.lloydstsb.com/payment_pro...complaints.asp

part of it states.........

What does the outcome of the Judicial Review mean for my PPI Complaint?
              The Court has now delivered its judgment on the Judicial Review of rules governing Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) sales-related complaints. The Parties to the legal proceedings may now consider whether they wish to appeal the decision.
              We will be providing updated information on our customer websites setting out our position, what the judgment means for customers and what will happen next as soon as we can.
              Both we and the BBA want this matter resolved as quickly as possible for the benefit of our customers and we are actively engaged with the FSA and FOS.
              In the meantime, we will continue to deal with customer enquiries and complaints and have employed additional staff to manage customers’ queries about their PPI policies.

Comment

I've not read the Judgement yet, but thanks to all those who have posted up the various bits of info here. I feel sure that the BBA will ask for leave to appeal, as they have nothing to lose by doing so. It's not as though their reputation could be tarnished any further than they have succeeded in doing over the past years anyway, is it ?

But it sure seems to me that today's judgement is a victory for us consumers, in that it appears unlikely that leave to appeal will be granted. 'Tis said that justice delayed is justice denied - so I live in hope that there will be no further delay, and that the banks emerge from denial.

De Nile is polluted enough, without their help - ain't dat de truth, bruvvas !!!

Comment

Of course, the Banks will appeal, via the BBA.

But at what cost to their already diminished PR?

The BBA should give great consideration to the consequence of such an appeal...

by Robert Peston:

Unless of course they regard their reputations as so impaired that there's nothing left to lose from prevarication.
                  Last edited by Angry Cat; 20th April 2011, 22:22:PM. Reason: emphasis added

Comment

Well its been a very long and exhausting day, but all worthwhile up to now.

It will obviously be dragged out by the BBA now on making a decision on the appeal, they will probably go for it but will decide the very last minute, so it then goes on even longer in order not to get on with the current complaints. A good excuse for them.

We shall just have to stay stong now folks, the first Victory is won, and everything crossed it will be a WIN at the end of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
                      I will eat my hat if they do not appeal!

The matter will just drag on and on.
                      Make that a plate of hats cos I'll be eating one as well...... ketchup or tartare sauce or HP with it?
                      "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                      (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Just to add my comment to the celebration, this is great news for us all. The banks have been shown up for what they are. Likewise the BBA. I am sure they will appeal and do ebverything that they can to frustrate repayments.

At leastnow, it will be easier to claim, compared to thse f us who claimed previousluy when the banks did everything they could to hold on to their ill-gotten gains.

They are nothing but a bunch of lairs, cheats and thieves, as with the BBA. I hope they are fined and forced to repay everyone, imcluding compensation.
                        Thanks!

Debtisbad

Comment

From the BBA: Retrieved from BBA - The voice of banking and financial services - Media - Article - Payment Protection Insurance Complaints Handling

"We are presently reviewing the judgment very carefully and considering whether to pursue an appeal. Until we have decided whether or not to pursue an appeal, any complaints that are directly affected by the judicial review and can not be decided now will be placed on hold, and we will continue to work closely with the FSA to ensure that all complaints are appropriately handled."

means that they still don't understand that taking money from ordinary people is worn, and that playing with the law to delay any kind of refund is wrong. Totally immoral.

They have lost and it would be much better if they just accepted that and got on with it.
                          Thanks!

Debtisbad

Comment

Just wanted to say the banks have had to swallow a bitter pill to get over their reverse Robin Hood Syndrome illness and I would hope they get much better soon
                            but some illnesses are terminal and no doubt they will be making us all sick again with some other tactic to rob us blind

Comment

Further to earlier question, the two with FOS are Bank of Scotland, one of the ones that are asking for "delay".
                              FOS said that as I had ticked the "yes" box I had agreed to this and in any event both were pre 2005 ( only just) Should I give them a call after the holidays?
                              I had asked for ombudsman review in both cases (one had been "sold" to Cabot and they have been unable to provide valid CCA)

Thanks
                              DT
                              Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...l-2270686.html

says it all doesn,t it,these clowns shouid have there licenses revoked

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X