• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
    The problem here is a bank will never go to the wall because the government and all have to be shown to protect savers deposits after all it is they that will be clobbered with the increase in the protection scheme.

A bank is no different or should I say should be no different to any other business in that if they mess up they should go to the wall and those savers be compensated as hard as that may sound if they don't they will never learn by there mistakes as we are seeing now.

Furthermore where banks fail others will come just like metro bank and in part the post office.

The bank are not and never will be king only mankind can hold that title and it is about time banks started showing more respect to there customers because without that they will not survive.

A TIP FOR THE BANKS IF YOU ARE LOOKING.

Ditch your central processing centres and bring bank the good local high street banks with good caring bank managers and allow each to generate there own profits

I am with you PF.

Well said! :okay:

Comment

Di,

Thank You Di it is just the way I feel in that the banks are heading down the wrong road and what we have seen in the past I have no doubts we will see again.
      If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

I have heard a rumour for all your fashionistas out there reading this thread. Justice Ouseley will be wearing black which is the in fashion colour for this year in the court!!!
        "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
        (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Do we actually know what cases aren't affected by the JR yet??

Comment

Originally posted by Footynut View Post
            Do we actually know what cases aren't affected by the JR yet??
            Santander cases

Comment

The hearing will be held in Court 1 tomorrow at 10am. MSE has already stated that it should take about 20 minutes and that is because Justice Ouseley has another decision to give at 10:30am.
              So 10am we'll have the judgement and by 10:30am everyone will know hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
                The hearing will be held in Court 1 tomorrow at 10am. MSE has already stated that it should take about 20 minutes and that is because Justice Ouseley has another decision to give at 10:30am.
                So 10am we'll have the judgement and by 10:30am everyone will know hopefully.
                Fingers crossed.
                Starting to get nervous now :tinysmile_cry_t:, still the quicker they get it done with the better, then for the possible appeals, which again will hold the banks from getting on with complaints.

Comment

Here you have it in black and white:

COURT 1

Before MR JUSTICE OUSELEY
                  Wednesday 20 April, 2011
                  At 10 o'clock

FOR JUDGMENT
                  HAND DOWN
                  CO/10619/2010 The Queen on the application of British Bankers Association v Financial Services Authority

At half past 10 Applications for Permission
                  CO/3198/2011 The Queen on the application of Singh v Luton Borough Council
                  If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

half an hour for one of the most important decisions in recent yrs for the consumer... ?

Surely it would need to be longer than this if he is to explain everything, his decision and also the appeal process...

Im hoping the half hour, if thats really the case, might mean there is no appeal available to the banks should they lose.... fingers crossed

Comment

Originally posted by mosten View Post
                      half an hour for one of the most important decisions in recent yrs for the consumer... ?

Surely it would need to be longer than this if he is to explain everything, his decision and also the appeal process...

Im hoping the half hour, if thats really the case, might mean there is no appeal available to the banks should they lose.... fingers crossed

is it possible for him to pass a judgement down barring an appeal?

Comment

You really are having a giraffe? (that's a laugh for anyone that doesn't know cockney and I'm from Northern Ireland LoL)

RBS chiefs £7.7m pay deal approved - Yahoo! News UK
                        ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                        On the eve of one of the biggest decisions ever against the banks, the government is approving a £7.7M pay deal for the chief of the RBS!

What about us the tax payers that own the bloody banks? Were not looking much apart from our own bloody money back! Is that really to much to ask?

I hope and pray that at 11am tomorrow Yahoo's home news page is displaying

RBS chief's £70,000 pay deal!!
                        Last edited by SoapyBubbles; 19th April 2011, 16:26:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

And this poor girl who openly said on FB about the new CEO pay via Lloyds where her's was just £7 per hour. She was sacked due to this.

Lloyds worker fired after Facebook dig at CEO

And a golden hello to the CEO boss.

£8m golden hello for new Lloyds boss

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/news/ar...6&in_page_id=2

Comment

Less than 15 hours to go folks.:tinysmile_aha_t:

Comment

Really hope we dont get stitched up again like last time...

Comment

Hi Di.....

Me is working tomorrow when the decision is being handed down and I will probably be in the middle of nowhere and have no access to a TV or my laptop.

However I will have my trusty smartphone.....

What mainstream media outlet would be the best place to keep updated on proceedings?

BBC news? Sky News?

I'm gonna set my Sky+ to record Sky News tomorrow from 9am to 12pm just in case it happens as Breaking News! I wouldn't wanna miss it! Well I might if......let's not even go there, eh?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X