• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
    LOL what a white wash of course they know there complaints procedure they have to know as Halifax is part of Lloyds and thus have to share info across the group they could not survive otherwise.

[/color][/left]

Exactly, but I think maybe they were stumped into what to say.
    I have a good mind to forward the email onto their CEO and the FSA, see "if" they do come back with anything.

Not exactly PPI but as good as here....

http://www.halifax.co.uk/insurance/i...nformation.asp

As part of their comments here.

Will the complaints procedure or contact details change?
    No. There are no immediate changes for customers. If there are any changes in the future, we’ll let you know in the usual way.
    If you have a complaint about your insurance we can give you further details of the complaints procedure. You should contact us on 0845 600 0773 or write to Lloyds TSB General Insurance Services Ltd, PO Box 786, 1 Lovell Park Road, Leeds LS1 9LH for details. Further information is also set out in your policy booklet. The complaints procedure will not affect your legal rights.

And here.....

http://www.lloydstsb.com/merger/your..._questions.asp

As commented....

Will the complaints procedure or contact details change?
    No. There are no immediate changes for customers. If there are any changes in the future, we’ll let you know in the usual way.
    Last edited by di30; 19th April 2011, 09:44:AM.

Comment

hi folks

well just 1 more sleep to we find out it it's went in our favour just wondering i know it's at 10 but how long will it take till we know the important bit will it be a few hours or are they there all day?

Comment

And of course in regards of the JR.......

Lloyds

http://www.lloydstsb.com/payment_pro...complaints.asp

Halifax

http://www.halifax.co.uk/HelpCentre/ppi-complaints/

So of course they flipping know the procedures the daft muppets, maybe I should email them with one of their own links lol.

Comment

Originally posted by k77mss View Post
          hi folks

well just 1 more sleep to we find out it it's went in our favour just wondering i know it's at 10 but how long will it take till we know the important bit will it be a few hours or are they there all day?
          likely will take no more than a couple of hours, depending on how long the judgement is, if follows same procedure as for hearing thne whoevers attending will need to report back for someone (usually amethyst) to write up and post on here, my guess would be an intial indication by about 12/1 (ish)with details of judgement and appeal request to folow early afternoon.

Comment

I exect there will be media coverage as well to keep an eye on, but yes normally Ame will post up the details. (Thanks Ame).

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
              So of course they flipping know the procedures the daft muppets, maybe I should email them with one of their own links lol.
              go get 'em Di, take no prisoners lol..

Comment

Originally posted by Paul210 View Post
                go get 'em Di, take no prisoners lol..

Paul I think I will, stuff them, I have nothing to lose I don't think lol.

Comment

Remember I said yesterday about I sent a copy of the email sent to Lloyds of the above issues - to the CEO, well I am surprised to have just received an email now, obviously not direct from the CEO himself but it was passed to one of his underhands, email here only now just received.

Dear

Thank you for your recent communication addressed to Mr Horta-Osório, our Chief Executive Officer. I’ve been asked to reply on his behalf. It is very important to us to ensure that our customers receive competent yet helpful and friendly advice, during any business dealings they may have with us and I am sorry to hear that you have had cause to voice your concerns with the Business.
                  We can assure you that we are comfortable with our complaints handling procedures. We wish to handle and resolve all complaints quickly and to the satisfaction of our customers in accordance with all relevant legislation and guidance.
                  I’m unable to respond in full to your allegations as you have not provided me with any reference number to trace our complaint or any address. Should you provide this then I will be able to offer a more personal response.
                  As we have previously stated, the BBA’s Judicial Review is challenging the entirety of the FSA’s policy statement (PS10/12) and not particular parts of it. Where the outcome of a complaint may be affected by the legal proceedings, we may be unable to consider the case in full until the Judicial Review, including any possible appeal, is concluded. However, if a complaint is not impacted by the Judicial Review we are settling these cases and providing compensation, where appropriate.

I trust this helps to clarify the situation.

Yours faithfully

A

Comment

I expect this thread will be mighty busy tomorrow so my seat is reserved in the front row lol
                    If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                      I expect this thread will be mighty busy tomorrow so my seat is reserved in the front row lol
                      Yeah keep a seat for me please PF lol

Comment

including any possible appeal
                        Is this bit new, or have they always mentioned an appeal in their statements?

:beagle:

Comment

Originally posted by ncf355 View Post
                          Is this bit new, or have they always mentioned an appeal in their statements?

:beagle:
                          Hmmm not sure, new to me though :tinysmile_aha_t:

Comment

We can assure you that we are comfortable with our complaints handling procedures.
                            I bet they are!! especially when refusing to follow FSA guidance in order to withold redress customers are entitled to!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul210 View Post
                              I bet they are!! especially when refusing to follow FSA guidance in order to withold redress customers are entitled to!

So true Paul, they have law of their own these banks!!

Comment

The problem here is a bank will never go to the wall because the government and all have to be shown to protect savers deposits after all it is they that will be clobbered with the increase in the protection scheme.

A bank is no different or should I say should be no different to any other business in that if they mess up they should go to the wall and those savers be compensated as hard as that may sound if they don't they will never learn by there mistakes as we are seeing now.

Furthermore where banks fail others will come just like metro bank and in part the post office.

The bank are not and never will be king only mankind can hold that title and it is about time banks started showing more respect to there customers because without that they will not survive.

A TIP FOR THE BANKS IF YOU ARE LOOKING.

Ditch your central processing centres and bring bank the good local high street banks with good caring bank managers and allow each to generate there own profits
                                Last edited by pompeyfaith; 19th April 2011, 11:33:AM.
                                If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X