• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold

Originally posted by EXC View Post
    Exactly. I think BIBA have a good point as it's the banks who are largely responsible for mis-selling PPI and as such should pay the lions share of the FSCS levy.

too right EXC it,s their mess they shouid clear it up shouid,nt they, i do agree that everyone else shouid,nt have to shoulder the cost and take the blame for the banks dishonesty.

Comment

anyone heard any whispers on the result .

Comment

Exc says that the court office has said that the judge has written the Judgement and that the hand down should be soon but no date confirmed as yet.

Regards
        If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Hi all,

Sorry for the jump in without a proper introduction, I will get details of my claim up in the appropriate section when I have abit more time.

I put in my complaint in October to HSBC who sent me a letter in January stating my claim had been put on hold due to the review. Now I am still, reluctantly, paying PPI on my loan which has 19 months to run, the ppi amounts to about 18% of the payments and is really annoing me just being there.
          What I need to know is, do I get my complaint in to the FOS and wait alot longer for it to be sorted, more than likely the loan will have been finished by then, or do I wait to see the outcome of the review and see what the bank come back with.
          Also, I am running out of ntime on the 6 months deadline, does anyone know if this has bee extended or does it still stand, if so I have no choice but to go to FOS??

Comment

Originally posted by LouieJ View Post
            Hi all,

Sorry for the jump in without a proper introduction, I will get details of my claim up in the appropriate section when I have abit more time.

I put in my complaint in October to HSBC who sent me a letter in January stating my claim had been put on hold due to the review. Now I am still, reluctantly, paying PPI on my loan which has 19 months to run, the ppi amounts to about 18% of the payments and is really annoing me just being there.
            Why? You cancel the PPI at any time during the course of the loan

What I need to know is, do I get my complaint in to the FOS and wait alot longer for it to be sorted, more than likely the loan will have been finished by then, or do I wait to see the outcome of the review and see what the bank come back with.
            Also, I am running out of ntime on the 6 months deadline, does anyone know if this has bee extended or does it still stand, if so I have no choice but to go to FOS??

See above.
            "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
            (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Hi all,

Did the letter in january give you a final response and 6 months to go to FOS? It's just that usually the on hold letters give you the option of going to the FOS but the 6 months doesn't start to run.

Comment

Read this

http://www.national-accident-helplin...ppi-claimline/

Now read this

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/art...-continue.html

Interesting???

Comment

Now lets get this right because when Lloyds TSB are mentioned that is a bad oman

NAH claim to have brought PPI Claimline but, NAH is owned by Lloyds Development Capital part of Lloyds TSB

Thats does not look good for consumers with Lloyds PPI policies whether they be Lloyds TSB or Blackhorse and given that NAH advertise heavily on TV they are bound to get quite a few clients.

Furthermore How many of those Lloyds PPI consumers will be given an offer which to you and me will know is wrong but they accept not knowing of help and advice sites like this.

Not good at all another act of damage limitation going on here because whos aim will they be working too certainly not the consumers
                  Last edited by pompeyfaith; 24th March 2011, 22:32:PM.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                    Now lets get this right because when Lloyds TSB are mentioned that is a bad oman

NAH claim to have brought PPI Claimline but, NAH have sold to Lloyds Development Capital part of Lloyds TSB

Thats does not look good for consumers with Lloyds PPI policies whether they be Lloyds TSB or Blackhorse and given that NAH advertise heavily on TV they are bound to get quite a few clients.

Furthermore How many of those Lloyds PPI consumers will be given an offer which to you and me will know is wrong but they accept not knowing of help and advice sites like this.

Not good at all another act of damage limitation going on here because whos aim will they be working too certainly not the consumers

what rip off merchants,there so predictable(Lloyds tsb) they,ll definitely have the upper hand then won,t they?

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post

NAH claim to have brought PPI Claimline but, NAH is owned by Lloyds Development Capital part of Lloyds TSB

Was given this the other day...thought it would be of interest. What is more concerning, (if the above is all correct?) then L/TSB through this banking arm would be recieving a cut of mis sold policies sold by themselves...its beautiful!!!! Then I suppose this is why these guys are paid what they are paid to come up with this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Was given this the other day...thought it would be of interest. What is more concerning, (if the above is all correct?) then L/TSB through this banking arm would be recieving a cut of mis sold policies sold by themselves...its beautiful!!!! Then I suppose this is why these guys are paid what they are paid to come up with this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cutting the banks losses through claiming fees yes I think so although I am not surprised by this at all.

Expect more banks to follow specially if the JR is won

Anyone going via a claims management co must choose carefully and do the homework first to ensure they have no links to a bank or any other PPI provider

sigpic

Comment

It looks like Lloyds Development Capital currently hold a 30% shareholding in National Accident Helpline http://www.lloydsbankcorporatemarket...k100Top100.pdf

That National Accident Helpline have only recently decided to move into PPI reclaiming indicates that regardless of the outcome of the JR, it's still seen as a growth market.

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
                            See above.

They told me that to cancel the policy, as it was a single premium, that the loan would have to be restructured and I would not get a new loan on the same rate as I had the origional, therefore the amount I was saving by removing the policy was practically nothing.
                            ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                            Originally posted by skv123 View Post
                            Did the letter in january give you a final response and 6 months to go to FOS? It's just that usually the on hold letters give you the option of going to the FOS but the 6 months doesn't start to run.
                            The letter in January included the following...

"Please be assured, your time limits should you wish to take your complaint further, either via the Courts or FOS, will be extended to include the effect of this delay"

Are the time limits set by the bank or the FOS? Are the bank speaking for the FOS in the above statement?

Cheers.
                            Last edited by LouieJ; 25th March 2011, 08:08:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

"Please be assured, your time limits should you wish to take your complaint further, either via the Courts or FOS, will be extended to include the effect of this delay"

Are the time limits set by the bank or the FOS? Are the bank speaking for the FOS in the above statement?

Cheers.
                              Generally the FOS will only take on a complaint within 6 months from the point that the bank rejects it.

But as the statement includes the 'courts' they may also be referring to 6 year statute limitation - but as Di said earlier this only really kicks in from the point you became aware of being potentially mis-sold to, rather than from when the PPI was sold.

The FSA's current policy on PPI time-barring is as follows:

Time barring and pre-2005 sales
                              Some firms argued that complaints about pre-2005 sales should not be included in the
                              scope of our Handbook provisions because they are all or mostly already out of time to be
                              considered on their merits (i.e. they are ‘time barred’ under our existing DISP rules).33

We disagree with this view. Decisions concerning the time barring of individual
                              complaints are ultimately for the FOS to make, but in general terms, our view (as set
                              out in CP10/6 para 3.14), is that general media coverage of the PPI issue, including
                              comments or publications by us, would not be enough to have given a consumer the kind
                              of specific ‘constructive knowledge’ required by DISP’s time limits.

Accordingly, while some consumers who bought PPI before January 2005 may, on an
                              assessment of their individual circumstances and events, be deemed to have had appropriate
                              awareness before January 2008, such that they will be out of time by January 2011, our view
                              is that this is unlikely to apply to consumers generally (though that is ultimately a decision for
                              the FOS to make concerning complaints referred to it).

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/policy/ps10_12.pdf

Comment

They told me that to cancel the policy, as it was a single premium, that the loan would have to be restructured and I would not get a new loan on the same rate as I had the origional, therefore the amount I was saving by removing the policy was practically nothing.
                                ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------

Cheers.

My understanding is that the statement is a lie. Most loans are "fixed rate" loans, ie the loan rate is fixed at the time of being taken out. Cancelling PPI should not change the rate of the loan. This is the problem some consumers have, ie when you ask verbally to cancel it you are told that the loan has to be "restructured". Ultimately, that is utter nonsense. That's why you should ask them to put it in writing to you. That would allow you, should the dummy actually put it in writing, to start a grievance against that person based on them lying.
                                Please can you confirm that your loan is a fixed rate loan(it will say so on your paperwork).
                                "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                                (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X