• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold

a little bit of lightheartedness in these trying times

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...s-2236153.html

Comment

More dirty tactics from the banks (FirstPlus/Barclays)

Complaints against Barclays - First Plus Complaints

Comment

Originally posted by SoapyBubbles View Post
        More dirty tactics from the banks (FirstPlus/Barclays)

Complaints against Barclays - First Plus Complaints
        the banks stoop so low they make the drains look like gutters don,t they.

Comment

Is this still current?

Comment

Originally posted by Mebestmatewes View Post
            Is this still current?
            very much so

Comment

Hi folks

Hope all are well, and sorry this is not a question for this actual thread as such, but maybe someone will know.

For anyone that have emailed the Competition Commissioner in regards of PPI underwriters, does anyone know how long it takes to get a response?

I emailed them at the start of the month and by the 2nd March I received an email to confirm that my email have been sent to one of the colleague PPI inquiry managers, and that I would receive a response from them soon.

But up to now nothing, I suppose it was not that long ago and I really should have more patience lol, but if anyone has any idea on email timescales please let me know, thanks again folks.

E-mail received from them here.

Dear ,

The Competition Commission acknowledges receipt of your email. Your email has been forwarded to ******** ******, our Inquiry Manager for the PPI Inquiry.

Yours sincerely
              Information & Records Officer
              Competition Commission
              Victoria House
              Southampton
              Last edited by di30; 9th March 2011, 17:15:PM.

Comment

I'd just respond with a gentle reminder and that as you're still waiting on a response, could you have the e-mail address of the Inquiry Manager dealing with it.

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                  I'd just respond with a gentle reminder and that as you're still waiting on a response, could you have the e-mail address of the Inquiry Manager dealing with it.

Thanks EXC

Sorry I forgot to mention I had done that and did actually come across of the direct email address to the one named they gave me, sent the email to her afterwards, but still nothing back since, thanks though.

Comment

I've complained to Egg about being missold PPI (I was self-employed at the time). They've just written to me to say that they've been unable to reach a decision after 8 weeks and that I now have the right to take it to the FOS if I want to, but they request more time to look at it.

I think the reason for this is that they put complaints on hold for a while, but recently started processing claims again (due to the FSA's letter telling them to?).

What should I do? Go to the FOS now, or give Egg a couple more weeks? I feel that I should give Egg more time, in case they do decide to rule in my favour, as I believe the FOS route could take months or years?

Comment

Originally posted by igglepiggle View Post
                      I've complained to Egg about being missold PPI (I was self-employed at the time). They've just written to me to say that they've been unable to reach a decision after 8 weeks and that I now have the right to take it to the FOS if I want to, but they request more time to look at it.

I think the reason for this is that they put complaints on hold for a while, but recently started processing claims again (due to the FSA's letter telling them to?).

What should I do? Go to the FOS now, or give Egg a couple more weeks? I feel that I should give Egg more time, in case they do decide to rule in my favour, as I believe the FOS route could take months or years?

Hi there & Welcome to LB

You can sit this out a little longer if you want to, or go to the FOS, I am sitting this out a bit longer with mine, in hope some sort of decision will be made over the next month or so.

You do what you feel is best for you, please be aware though, the FOS are also receiving large volumes of complaints, and it "may" take about 6 to maybe 18 months before the FOS can resolve, even so if you receive a decision in the end your not happy with, its a case of taking your complaint to them anyway.
                      So its up to you.

Good luck.

Comment

posted up tonight on the independent site, couid anyone give this poor lady a job,very good workmanlike person but people skills couid do with a bit of tweaking, couid also be a bit more
                        sympathetic towards complaints.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/pe...l-2237498.html

Comment

Hi iggiepiggie

Personally with Egg, they did similar stalling tactics with me-I suppose they hope that some people will forget or just give up. You have to play their game. I personally took the stance that I would behave as though I were the most reasonable complainant on earth so that if eventually, which did NOT happen in my case, the issue is referred to the FOS, you appear a squeaky clean victim of Egg bullying. Actually, it put pressure on Egg as they realised that I would not give up and I would go to the FOS if necessary. The tactic paid off handsomely with a full refund. from Egg, although it took an exchange of several letters.

Therefore, although there is no exact right or wrong way to proceed in this issue, I would probably write back to Egg, saying that you "fully sympathize with their position" and suggest an extension of one month from the date of your correspondence, after which you will have no alternative but to refer the matter to the FOS. Actually, you don't necessarily have to carry out the threat, but it may put you ahead in what is probably quite a long queue.
                          Thanks!

Debtisbad

Comment

Originally posted by cappo View Post
                            posted up tonight on the independent site, couid anyone give this poor lady a job,very good workmanlike person but people skills couid do with a bit of tweaking, couid also be a bit more
                            sympathetic towards complaints.
                            l
                            I remember watching that. She made a complete pig's ear of it and as The Independent says, it was the defining moment of her banking career to date.

You can watch it here - fast forward to 9:56:20 and then 11.:00:00 Player

(sorry to stray off topic)

Comment

Very entertaining viewing, thanks!
                              Thanks!

Debtisbad

Comment

Hello all.

Had a phone call earlier with those lovely people at FirstPlus/Barclays.

My father has worthless PPI which insures him for 5 years but he pays for it over a period of 1o years. After the first 5 years have passed he is entitled to the 'infamous' cashback offering from FirstPlus. They're nice like that you know.

He's coming up to the first 5 years of the loan in the next 6 months and so would be entitled to the cashback. I asked on the phone today can he accept the cashback offering and still pursue for any extra monies due to him once a decision was reached on the court case. I was informed that should he accept the cashback offer he would have to drop any complaints about PPI. I then asked what if the PPI had been found to have been missold after he accepts the cashback. Surely he is entitled to claim that money? Again I was told, if he accepts the cashback option he has to drop the PPI complaint. Can they do this?

I also asked how much the caskback would be. I was informed £7347. I then asked how much my father would actually pay for the worthless PPI including interest over the period of 10 years. He told me he couldn't give me an exact figure as the interest changes regularly. I then asked does the amount he could receive in cashback also change with the interest rate. Silly question, eh? As FirstPlus interest rates only go one way.

He's paying £87.76 a month over a period of 120 months for worthless PPI.

This amounts to £10531 on it's own WITHOUT interest on it as I really wouldn't know where to start. If someone could be so kind as to perhaps work out an average amount of interest on the PPI this would be appreciated.

Also if FirstPlus/Barclays were so confident in the way they sold their PPI why would they have to ask their customers to drop their PPI complaints? What have they got to fear? This is blackmail.

Is there even any rumours about the decision from the judge yet? A whisper? A squeak? Anything to make me smile.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X