• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
    Personally, I have never been very impressed with the FOS...

However, they have been of benefit in straightforward PPI cases; post 2005.
    i,ve so far only had them investigate a complaint for me the once angry cat but boy did they come through for me,thats not going to say they,ll win every case for me but i have got a lot of faith in them as 1 out of 1 ain,t bad,i think everyone has there own experiences of them.
    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
    Originally posted by cappo View Post
    i,ve so far only had them investigate a complaint for me the once angry cat but boy did they come through for me,thats not going to say they,ll win every case for me but i have got a lot of faith in them as 1 out of 1 ain,t bad,i think everyone has there own experiences of them.
    i,ve got a couple of older credit cards capital 1 (2004) and morgan stanley(now barclaycard 2003-4) i have one with the cmc at the moment 2000 that one might be interesting (hsbc goldcard)
    Last edited by cappo; 14th February 2011, 13:43:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Judicial Review hearing transcripts.

Comment

Thanks EXC, have also stickied them at the top of this forum PPI Judicial Review Transcripts - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum for you xx
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
          Judicial Review hearing transcripts.
          i can,t open it, i,m only running vista and adobe reader though:beagle: i,ll get my other half to open it when she gets home i,m sure it,ll have picked up some comments by then,people will find this info very useful exc

Comment

Thanks Ame.

You'll note that at the end of day 4 the judge gave no indication as to when he'll hand down his judgment, contrary to reports that he suggested it'll be in 2 weeks or around Easter.

Comment

lol, that was first thing I looked at on Day 4 xx Just that he will Reserve Judgment.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

i can,t open it, i,m only running vista and adobe reader though:beagle: i,ll get my other half to open it when she gets home i,m sure it,ll have picked up some comments by then,people will find this info very useful exc
                Try this free Doc Viewer Cappo---

http://www.officeviewers.com/

or download Open Office for free

Comment

PDF version for peeps who don't have word/works etc

#staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                    PDF version for peeps who don't have word/works etc
                    your stars turboman and ame, can view it now, i,m sure it,s going to make engrossing reading we,ll all be hoping now that lord pannick made himself look a right fool lol

Comment

Tweeted and facebooked to cover a few other bases
                      "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                      (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

For interest - Page 13,14,15 of Day 1 are the parts about whether it will actually have any cost impact that we reported on the day of the hearing and the slight disagreement about evidential vs rules.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

ouseley is coming across as a bit hostile isn,t he on day 4 (especially at the beginning)
                          Last edited by cappo; 14th February 2011, 14:24:PM. Reason: wrong terminology

Comment

i don,t know if this of any use to you guys but i,ve now been having a deep and meaningful with my cmc and there thoughts are that a judgement will be handed down next month, re j.r
                            I'd say they are talking out their backside

They are in as much position to know when judgment will be handed down as you or I

(Cappo - cant think of any opther way of putting this - it's not meant to be offensive to you!)

Comment

It's interesting to read Brindle's submission on day 4 and just how supportive the FSA's counsel is of the FOS. What he seems to be suggesting is that if the case against the FOS fails (even on the time barring issue), it would necessarily weaken or even kill the case against the FSA.

''The last of the introductory points is the most important and it concerns the interrelationship between the case against my clients and the case against the Ombudsman Service. My Lord, you will have noted that initially there didn't appear to be likely to be any challenge to the Ombudsman and there were threats to judicially review us and they eventuated and they were in time and there was no technical problem about that.

Only very late in the day was an attack made on the Ombudsman Service and, indeed, Mr Malek will submit, with force, too late.

What has happened here? Why have they been dragged kicking and screaming into this dispute? The reason, we submit, is clear. The BBA must have realised that they could not sensibly proceed with an attack on the FSA's reliance on Principles but leave wholly untouched the Ombudsman's treatment of complaints referred to it under what is effectively the same essential procedure.

That would not have been a realistic possibility because, as I think has become apparent already in the course of the argument, the two aspects of complaint handling, that's the first aspect, handling by firms pursuant to Rules and Guidance from the FSA, and the adjudication of complaints by the Ombudsman, are two stages of the same process and it would be ludicrous if use of the Principles was effectively forbidden at the FSA Guidance stage but permitted at the Ombudsman Adjudication stage. To be fair to Lord Pannick, he obviously recognises that because at each stage of his argument after he has developed a point against us he said: "And the same must follow against the Ombudsman. "Exactly the same argument at each stage. That is entirely right because there cannot be realistically a different answer in the two cases. So the BBA have effectively been forced to bring the Ombudsman in and make the challenges to his approach and his Guidance and his adjudications, although not specific adjudications, as the inevitable consequence on the attack upon us.

However, as Mr Malek submits, and I won't steal his thunder, the case against the Ombudsman is obviously hopeless. The idea that the Ombudsman, who has the statutory powers that he has and is enjoined by DISP to conduct himself in the way he does, cannot, by making those adjudications, rely upon breaches of the Principles is unarguable. If it is unarguable where does that leave the FSA? We submit it casts considerable light on the cogency of the arguments against the FSA because really they must stand or fall together in any coherent world.''

Comment

what do you all think of the j.r transcripts malek i thought came across quite well on day 4

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X