• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold

Originally posted by NLP View Post
    so are the FOS a regd charity?
    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------

of course.

lol.
    No, it's not a charity registered or not registered.
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
      No, it's not a charity registered or not registered.
      thanks

Comment

And well you should not! For my ally is the Fos. And a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us... and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this...crude matter! You must feel the Fos around you. Here, between you, me, the tree, the rock... everywhere! Even between the land and the ship.
        sigpic"Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."

Comment

Ref FOS fees.

• The definitions of standard case fee and special case fee are in FEES 5.5 (case fees) of the FSA’s Handbook.
          • Firms, licensees and VJ participants will only be charged for the fourth and subsequent chargeable case in each financial year. The definition of chargeable case is in the Glossary to FSA’s Handbook.

chargeable case

any 49, 50 complaint 49, 50 referred to the Financial Ombudsman Service, except where: (a) the Ombudsman considers it apparent from the 49, 50 complaint 49, 50 , when it is received, and from any final response which has been issued by the firm or licensee 35 , that the 49, 50 complaint 49, 50 should not proceed because: (i) the complainant is not an eligible complainant in accordance with DISP 2 ; or
          (ii) the 49, 50 complaint 49, 50 does not fall within the jurisdiction of the Financial Ombudsman Service (as described in DISP 2 ); or
          (iii) the Ombudsman considers that the 49, 50 complaint 49, 50 should be dismissed without consideration of its merits under DISP 3.3 (Dismissal of complaints without consideration of the merits and test cases49, 50 ); or

(b) the Ombudsman considers, at any stage, that the 49, 50 complaint 49, 50 should be dismissed under 49, 50 DISP 3.3.4R(2)49, 50 on the grounds that it is frivolous or vexatious.3, 30, 31
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7657446.stm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2008...g-credit-cards

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7191506.stm

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...ia-881411.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2007/jan/30/ppi.debt

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/2...s-selling.html

Also:
            Black Horse;
            Redcats;
            Regency;
            Loans.co.uk ( a subsidiary of MBNA).

Of course, there are many other firms who have been fined Re: the mis-application or the mis-selling of Payment Protection Insurance (PPI); not having the correct procedures in place;
            etc...

Comment

Hi Debt Star, very well done. It just goes to show how stupid Egg are, by dragging things out so long that people have to go to the FOS, which actually ends up costing Egg more. They did the same to me.
              Thanks!

Debtisbad

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                Ref FOS fees.
                In addition to the £500 case fee, the FSA estimates that the cost to a firm of dealing with a complaint with the Ombudsman is ''roughly £300''.

This comes from the FSA consultation paper - 'Consumer Complaints: The Ombudsman award limit and changes to complaints handling rules' - published in September, after the publication of policy statement PS10/12 (the subject of the Judicial Review) and before the launch of the Judicial Review action.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/cp/cp10_21.pdf

It deals with proposed changes to the complaints handling rules in DISP, root cause analysis and the abolition of the two-stage complaints handling process whereby firms can take longer than the standard 8 weeks in which they are required to determine complaints.

The paper reasserts the FSA's position on the requirements to PPI root cause analysis (where firms are required to investigate sales even where complaints have not been made) and that it should also apply to ''all types of complaints''.

''We recognise that this new guidance is specific to PPI, so we propose guidance that will apply to the root cause analysis of all types of complaint. As we made clear in PS10/12, this is not a new requirement, but simply a restatement of requirements that have been in force for many years.''

The FSA board minutes for September notes that the reason for abolishing two-stage complaints handling is because it is subject to ''mis-use'' http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/board-minutes/sep10.pdf

Attached below is CAB's response to the consultation which contain the usual gruesome case studies.
                Last edited by EXC; 14th February 2011, 09:19:AM.

Comment

The bank will also take into consideration, when they do offer compensation, the likely amount that the FOS would award should an individual go there and reject their final response.
                  "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                  (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

i don,t know if this of any use to you guys but i,ve now been having a deep and meaningful with my cmc and there thoughts are that a judgement will be handed down next month, re j.r

Comment

Originally posted by Master Yoda View Post
                      And well you should not! For my ally is the Fos. And a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us... and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this...crude matter! You must feel the Fos around you. Here, between you, me, the tree, the rock... everywhere! Even between the land and the ship.
                      i,ve got to be honest oh honourable jedi master i,ve heard a lot about the fos(not on here) and they seem to have there army of knockers but i,m going to be honest i think there excellent, i had them look into a case where i got overcharged by the financial company putting through my full and final settlements to all my creditors last year and i thought they were fabulous got me 3.5k,s worth of overcharges back,quickly and efficiently, i,m glad you guys obviously respect them and i wouid wholeheartedly recommend them to anyone with any sort of financial complaint.we need to all beware of the dark side (the banks)

Comment

Originally posted by cappo View Post
                        they seem to have there army of knockers
                        They do and not least the Consumer Action Group who encourage people to litigate rather than use the FOS - not something we'd advise.

It's particularly ironic that when Marc Gander was asked to comment on the fact that comparatively few go to the Ombudsman when their complaint is refused, he said ''It's a scandal. How many more people have given up on the way?"

BBC NEWS | Business | Banks identified over complaints

If he really wanted to know the answer he could do worse than read the advice on his own forum, which says of the FOS ''For the most part, don't bother''.

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                          They do and not least the Consumer Action Group who encourage people to litigate rather than use the FOS - not something we'd advise.

It's particularly ironic that when Marc Gander was asked to comment on the fact that comparatively few go to the Ombudsman when their complaint is refused, he said ''It's a scandal. How many more people have given up on the way?"

BBC NEWS | Business | Banks identified over complaints

If he really wanted to know the answer he could do worse than read the advice on his own forum, which says of the FOS ''For the most part, don't bother''.
                          yes exc you can only comment on the treatment you,ve had yourself can,t you, thats a particularly irresponsible opinion he has there isn,t it it, doesn,t seem as if people need putting off does it, i,m sure more of the claims that fall at the first hurdle upon being investigated by the fos wouid be upheld wouid,nt they,apathy costs people a lot of money but the banks love it!

Comment

We've managed to nail down the transcripts for the Judicial Review hearing which I'll post up when they arrive - hopefully later today.

Comment

win lose or draw i,m up for putting in cap 1 with the ombudsman,dare nothing win nothing i say,i,m trying to get mine fast tracked for being registered disabled after having a stroke, will have to see if i have any joy there,wouid cut a big chunk of time off we,ll have to wait and see

Comment

Personally, I have never been very impressed with the FOS...

However, they have been of benefit in straightforward PPI cases; post 2005.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X