• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold

fair doos

CT
    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
    so basically there's not much to report?
    http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/finance...ection-racket/

at least someone else is on our side!

CT
    Last edited by Chip Tuesday; 25th January 2011, 13:19:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I saw Martin on Daybreak this morning, proper put me off my breakfast :wink:

Comment

done....and basically yep, nothing much to report, much like waiting for Santa
        Last edited by Amethyst; 25th January 2011, 13:38:PM.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
          And while we wait.... in other news

[/list]
          Apologes but this post from earlier, is there a thread or are LB going to respond to this one or do we not respond to it ie not allowed to?
          Am reading it and got some stuff to shove somewhere but not sure where, ta muchly.

Not about PPI JR so kinda off topic but on topic.
          "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
          (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

lol, start a new thread with it Nats if it isn;t already up xx
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Whats BBA's counsels name I can't find it, Pamik ?
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

yup, Lord Pannick QC!
                eww, just tried to post a table of the solicitors & barristers involved and it went naaaaaaasty!

I'll write it out again!

CT
                Solicitors

BBA
                Simon Orton
                David Scott

FSA
                Richard Caird

FOS
                Delme Griffiths

Nemo (interested party
                Andrew Lidbetter

Barristers

BBA
                Charles Flint QC
                Lord Pannick QC
                Javan Herberg
                Simon Pritchard

FSA
                Michael Brindle QC
                Monica Carss-Frisk QC
                Richard Coleman
                James McClelland

FOS
                Hodge Malek QC
                James Strachan

Nemo
                Michael Fordham QC
                Last edited by Chip Tuesday; 25th January 2011, 13:56:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Paste it into Notepad or Wordpad first, the copy paste to here from there- it gets rid of all the html tags.

Thanks will put Pannicks name into the outline of this mornings goings on.
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

hopefully it looks a bit better now no "[font]"'s!

CT

Comment

Wasn't Pritchard involved in bank charges test case?

EDIT:
                      Simon Pritchard - Blackstone Chambers

Clearly not :o
                      Lord Pannick QC - Blackstone Chambers

Lord Pannick represented Max Mosley based on privacy laws at the EU court...interesting.
                      Last edited by leclerc; 25th January 2011, 14:37:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by me
                        Nothing we dont already know has come up in the BBAs monologue so far except maybe some figures that in 2006 an estimated 6.5 million policies were sold annually making £5.4billion per annum !!!!!

I believe their figures came from the OFT from OFT launches study of payment protection insurance - The Office of Fair Trading
                        PPI is applied to a number of credit products including mortgages, loans and credit cards and protects a borrower's ability to keep up the payments on the loan in case of accident, sickness or unemployment, usually for 12 months or sometimes longer. Around 6.5 to 7.5 million policies are taken out each year generating premium income estimated in 2003 at £5.4billion.

Just by way of reference to get the scale of this in 2006 banks earned £2.6 billion levying charges associated with insufficient funds (from £8.3 billion OVERALL revenue from PCAs from 65 million PCA's).

In 2006 the aggregate revenue of banks from current accounts was approximately £8.3 billion.
                        PCAs generate more revenue for banks than savings and credit cards combined: 31 per cent
                        compared with 17 per cent and 13 per cent respectively. Banks earned over 85 per cent of
                        their revenues on PCAs from two sources: net interest income from credit and debit balances
                        (£4.6 billion), and levying charges associated with insufficient funds (£2.6 billion
                        Last edited by Amethyst; 25th January 2011, 17:56:PM.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

FSA and FOS barristers are quite boring to be honest so prediction for me is a BBA win to be honest....

Comment

lol, as good a guess as any. Tbh it sounds like the Judge (and others in the court room) is getting a bit bored and asked Pannick to chivvy it along a few times. EXC will give you all the juicy bits later I expect lol.
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

bring on the juice!

Comment

Back and forth at the mo folks, electric off and on due to some electrical works, getting interesting then?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X