• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold

Have you guys seen this?

http://www.citywire.co.uk/money/bank...test-news-list

same as most, but still interesting!

CT

Comment

Just laughing at the bradford and bingley chap ..... if only it was that easy!!
      On edge here waiting for some update, when do they break for lunch?

Comment

12 would be nice
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

defo on tenter-hooks, who thought administrative law could be so thrilling?!

CT

Comment

pmsl - the bank charges one was worse !

You really should try and go Chip (if it carries on past today) It really is a great atmosphere and very very interesting.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

I'd love to, but work calls I'm affraid (taken all my holiday already)

... unless I got sick... cough, cough!

CT

Comment

Maybe 1pm for lunch then ?
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Cant cope - surprised MSE havent got anything on their website - thought the 2consumer champion " would be all over this!!

Comment

Martin's trying bless him! There was an article this morning:
                    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/new...-in-high-court

It's a good introduction for those who may have missed some of the build-up, but it says nothing new. Personally I think the most interesting article of the day has been the Which? one:

http://www.which.co.uk/news/2011/01/...-which-242857/

CT

Comment

Don;t think anyone from MSE is there today, but not sure. Martin was on TV this morning about PPI I believe, though I missed it. Which? have reported the long queue lol.

Well hopefully someting more substantial soon ........
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

boo !

(still nothing sorry couldnt resist)
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

He he he - like children waiting for santa arent we?!

Comment

• Right, report back from RCJ at lunch break....

This morning has just been the BBA counsel - Lord Pannick QC - talking in a very monotone measured (slow) manner all morning. It looks unlikely that the FSA and the FOS will be able to put their case forwards today.

The case has attracted a lot of attention and it was lucky EXC and Tom got in, massively long queues and the court room was absolutely packed.

Nothingwe don't already know has come up in the BBAs monologue so far except maybe some figures that in 2006 an estimated 6.5 million policies were sold annually making £5.4billion per annum !!!!!

The Judge has asked a few explanatory questions but otherwise the morning was just the BBA putting their case forwards.

Counsel for the FSA spoke only once, when the BBA described the FSA's new requirements as 'new rules' - FSA's counsel leapt to his feet and said quite markedly ''no new rules, they are evidential provisions ''.

The BBA put forwards that the FSA had estimated the new measures will cost a certain amount and the BBA refuted their estimates, indicating it would cost a lot more. Justice Crousley asked the BBA what evidence they have that it will make a material difference in liability, and BBA's counsel couldn't answer.

The BBA described the principles in the FSA policy statement, of which there are 11, as the '' ten commandments '' and there was some debate over the relationship of the principles and the ICOBS rules.

In the BBA's summarising their case at the end, tey had two main point. The Judge interjected on the second point and said ''but doesn't this counter your first argument.''

Starts again at 2.05. Finishes around 4.30/5pm.

Eric Leenders was in court. Not sure who else.
                            Last edited by Amethyst; 25th January 2011, 16:06:PM.
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thanks amethyst, so no chance of knowing whether it will be granted today then.
                              Oh well back to work.......

Comment

no idea if that makes sense was writing while EXC was talking, I'll go back and edit it into sentences lol.
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X