• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold

Exciting isn't it lol
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I doubt it, there will be a feed if theres a public room but after the cock up with bank charges where the public rooms werent actually used much I expect it will just be the journos and public in the court room....theres quite a lot of space.

We'll hear soon as there is a break and am keeping an eye on twitter, if the judge lets the journos twitter stuff out.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

indeed, although if it's a break, shouldn't they be allowed to tweet their little hearts out?

CT

Comment

Having said that EXC just called and said they may not get in, t'is a tad busy.
          #staysafestayhome

Comment

That's good news in one sense, at least people are taking notice of the jr, but I really hope EXC gets in, fingers well and truely crossed

CT

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
              Having said that EXC just called and said they may not get in, t'is a tad busy.
              Tell him to bribe the people at the door cos otherwise it's a conspiracy .
              "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
              (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

are there any feeds that look like they're coming out of the courtroom direct?

CT

Comment

And while we wait.... in other news

FSA/PN/011/2011
                  25 January 2011
                  The Financial Services Authority (FSA) has today published a discussion paper to open a public debate about how the FSA, and in future the proposed Consumer Protection and Markets Authority (CPMA), should pursue the objective of consumer protection and specifically the issue of product intervention.
                  As part of its new consumer protection strategy introduced last year, the FSA has already introduced a more interventionist approach with the aim of anticipating consumer detriment where possible and stopping it before it occurs. The approach aims to reduce consumer detriment by dealing with problems earlier, scrutinising the whole of the product lifecycle from start to finish rather than just focusing on the point-of-sale.
                  The paper outlines how the FSA has already begun to make a significant shift towards a more interventionist approach with tighter supervision of the governance of product development. But it also sets out a range of future interventions that could be introduced in areas where the potential for customer harm is greatest. These might include interventions such as banning products or prohibiting the sale of certain products to specific groups of customers.
                  In the foreword to the discussion paper, FSA chairman, Lord Turner, said:
                  "The crucial issue is how far along this spectrum of earlier and more intense interventions we should progress. This debate comes at a critical time as the scope and powers of the CPMA are being discussed by the government, parliament and stakeholders. It is fundamental to shaping the regulatory philosophy of the new organisation."
                  "Our analysis has led us to the conclusion that a significant shift in approach is required but there are important tradeoffs to be struck – between consumer protection and consumer choice, between effective regulation to prevent customer detriment and the costs that that will inevitably impose."
                  Notes to editors

1. The Product Intervention Discussion Paper can be found on this website. The consultation period will end on 21 April 2011.
                  2. The FSA regulates the financial services industry and now has four objectives under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000: maintaining market confidence; securing the appropriate degree of protection for consumers; fighting financial crime; and contributing to the protection and enhancement of the stability of the UK financial system
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Nope nothing, but Crousely has recently had a flid about people twittering from within the court room even though lord justice overruled him, we'll hear at first break. I'm assuming they got in as havent heard since half ten......

predictions ? JR dismissed against FOS, allowed against FSA ..... lol
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Appeals against decision is my prediction
                      "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                      (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Does anybody know where I can get updates other than on this fantastic website?

Comment

no such luck mishawest! I have signed up to Twitter specifically to follow live tweets on the JR, but nothing since the imaginative tweet from the BBA this morning saying that they were heading to court.

As for predictions I think Ame is bang on, I think the FSA will have to fight it out, but I think the BBA will have to admit their stupidity in dragging the FOS into things and the hearing will not allow that branch of the argument.

CT

Comment

Which? have a guy there, citywire and BBC are there, probably channel 4, but we';re more obsessed lol.

Lots of claims companies retweeting the fact that the hearing is on today on Twitter but not a lotof substance that I can see. But ss I say EXC will call at the first break - it may not be till lunch though.
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

ah right so BBA have to audacity to spend their time tweeting - should be fun - has anybody managed to get in from LB?

Comment

EXC, Tom Brennan and possibly Pompeyfaith are there, and I assume they got in as I haven;t heard from them since it began at 10.30. We do like a day out lol.

Brian Mairs twittered on his way to the court, not from inside - he;s a good guy at the BBA and extremely funny.
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X