• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold

Originally posted by EXC View Post
    "Since the court challenge by the BBA is likely to take some time to come to a conclusion, the BBA is talking urgently with the FSA and Financial Ombudsman Service about how best to handle complaints during this period. We hope that they will be able to come to an agreed position soon."

Lloyds snubs FSA as it puts PPI claims on hold - Yahoo! UK & Ireland Finance
    Great, another bank not pulling it's weight!

CT

Comment

Exc,

Ill come along with you, I have four free first class rail tickets to use up too before the end of January so will use these.

What time you be outside court ill meet you there.
      If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

From the Banking Times:

The Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) continues to see significant growth in its caseload, with a shift towards harder-fought cases and a 40% rise in the volume of payment protection insurance (PPI) disputes.
        The watchdog says it expects the number of cases for the year to March 2011 to be 7% higher than in the previous 12 months period, and for volumes to rise again in the coming financial year.
        http://www.bankingtimes.co.uk/2011/0...isputes-up-40/

Nothing new there then as my case took 2 and a half years

sigpic

Comment

The FSA may be planning to fine another bank concerning complaints:

http://www.moneymarketing.co.uk/regu...024387.article

Interesting stuff!

CT

Comment

That'll be Lloyds then. ( see other thread on this story - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum - View Single Post - FSA Fine RBS £2.8m)

If anyone else fancies it I'd warmly encourage you to go. If it's anything like the test case it'll be very entertaining. The Royal Courts of Justice is a fabulous place which is worth visiting in itself and is of course completely free of charge. _________
            Absolutely agree with this, its a wonderful building and very interesting. I only attended the judgment readings there and the SCoJ for the bank charges case, and they were brilliant, well worth the effort. Plus reporting is a bit shoddy by the press - you get a much better idea of the truth of the matter and better feeling how things are going by being there, and it isn't at all intimidating.

Just don't take too much crap along in your handbag as they get scanned and searched as you go in.
            Last edited by Amethyst; 12th January 2011, 13:36:PM.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

ame can i take notes and if so would an A4 pad be ok?

sigpic

Comment

Yes you can take notes in the court room, you arent allowed to record proceedings though. I used a a5 reporters notebook, just easier..but tbh I couldnt write fast enough and was too interested in people watching to write much down lol.

Travelling first class then eh, lovely ! Will be a good day out If you get there early theres a coffee shop over the road which is quite nice to st in and watch the comings and goings.
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

yes im meeting exc in starbucks early the 4 tickets i won from my local paper and the ATOC sent them to me not bad for 5 mins work lol as first class from my station to london waterloo is £94

sigpic

Comment

Youz been having a spell of goodluck recently PF! Care to share some of it?

Comment

nice one PF, you have a pretty generous local newspaper/train company! I wish I was going to see the JR, it's never the same when you get someone else's version of events. I'm sure you guys will do sterling work though.

CT

Comment

CT if you live in the wide area the tickets are valid for you are welcome to one of them send me a PM if you interested

sigpic

Comment

How many people does the public gallery hold. May will come down from Macclesfield but only if i am fairly sure i could get in.

Comment

Originally posted by Footynut View Post
                            How many people does the public gallery hold.
                            It depends on which courtroom at the Royal Courts of Justice they decide to use as they vary in size & capacity. The Administrative Court office are very aware of the high profile of the case and I would imagine that this would be reflected in their choice of courtroom.

In the courtroom they held the Court of Appeal bank charges test case hearing at RCJ there were roughly 50 to 60 places for public & press - even though the courtroom had to accommodate 8 separate defence teams).

All public spaces are on a first-come-first-serve deal (you can't reserve a seat in advance) so the earlier you turn up the better. It's surprising how late some people leave it so if you got there an hour before it was due to start (which is 10.30 usually) you shouldn't have a problem getting in.

Comment

This is the FSA's response to the Competition Commission's consultation on it's Draft Order that will prohibit providers from selling PPI at the point of sale.

The FSA warns that lenders will try and get round the Order by offering new products that ''imitate the performance of PPI products but not be regarded as insurance products in the conventional sense'' and that ''therefore, the sale of such products creates the possibility for firms to circumvent the terms of the point of sale prohibition and also, in some circumstances, the prohibition on sales of single premium PPI''

http://www.competition-commission.or..._ppi_order.pdf

Comment

The FSA won a Judicial Review challenge earlier this week, as the second defendant.

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Admin/2011/18.html

Encouragingly a summary of the case says:

''In his ruling the judge made clear that for technical matters such as this, Parliament has given the FSA a high degree of discretion over its decisions and that only a completely indefensible action or statute breach would lead to judicial interference. A pretty strong warning to anyone considering a judicial review of the regulator in future.''

No shame in taking on the FSCS and losing | Opinion | Money Marketing

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X