• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold

Originally posted by EXC View Post
    Judge Waksman isn't among the judges nominated to sit on Administrative Court cases Information About - Administrative Court Administrative Court List
    That is rather good news!

Comment

Originally posted by cardinals View Post
      That is rather good news!
      Lol.

Judge Waksman is a regional Mercantile Court judge and although technically also a deputy High Court judge, the Judicial Review Court Order specifically stated that this case is ''not suitable for hearing by a Deputy High Court judge''. I believe that Administrative Court judges are senior High Court judges.

The judge who issued the PPI Court Order - below - and refused the FOS's request to throw out the claim against them for being out of time is Justice MaKenna, who isn't apparently totally unknown to controversy Is McKENNA HHJ OUT OF HIS DEPTH?

My view of senior judges used to be quite cynical until I sat through the bank charges test case hearings and I was genuinely taken aback with how intelligent and able they are to grasp and absorb large amounts of really complex stuff. Especially Justice Smith in the first instance test case who had to deal separately with the minutia of 8 different defences. He was stunningly bright.

Although Judicial Reviews are normally heard by a single judge it's not inconceivable the case could be heard by 2 judges - at least that's what I'm told. If it goes on to the Court of Appeal it'll be 3 judges and 5 if it makes it to the Supreme Court.

Comment

so does McKenna not sit at Administrative level (usually) as he is not included on the Admin court list of nominated judges?

CT

Comment

Originally posted by Chip Tuesday View Post
          so does McKenna not sit at Administrative level (usually) as he is not included on the Admin court list of nominated judges?

CT
          I don't know. He's listed here as a Circuit Judge so maybe he just vets JR applications Judiciary of England and Wales | List of members of the judiciary | Circuit Judges

Comment

Top 20 cases of 2011 - BBA v FSA & FOS at #7 Top 20 cases of 2011 | Features | The Lawyer

One of the FSA's counsel, Richard Coleman, was junior counsel for the OFT in the bank charges test case.

Comment

Oooo and the Harry Potter case has made the top 20 too.

6 Paul Gregory Allen v (1) Bloomsbury Publishing plc; (2) Joanne Kathleen Murray (aka JK Rowling)
              Allegation that the fourth book in the Harry Potter series, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, infringes copyright in the claimant’s work Willy the Wizard.

Jolly exciting (and irrelevant to this thread sorry)
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                Oooo and the Harry Potter case has made the top 20 too.

6 Paul Gregory Allen v (1) Bloomsbury Publishing plc; (2) Joanne Kathleen Murray (aka JK Rowling)
                Allegation that the fourth book in the Harry Potter series, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, infringes copyright in the claimant’s work Willy the Wizard.

Jolly exciting (and irrelevant to this thread sorry)
                You can just imagine it can't you?

Judge: ''Willy the who?''

Counsel for Willy the Wizard: ''Willy the Wizard, m'lud.''

Anyway, quite an interesting article on the JR, albeit written prior to the defendants responses http://www.dac.co.uk/documents/resou..._review_-_Wire

Comment

There have been so many cases brought against JK Rowling, including one including a book about a young witch with a magic double bass who has a cousin named Harry...!

CT

Comment

Leaked letter reveals banks' dirty tricks on PPI reclaiming

Comment

The Scoundrels, just goes to show our sceticism is well founded.

CT

Comment

"The arbitrator receives around 2,500 PPI claims a week and upholds roughly eight out of ten."

There you go. Keep at 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by Chip Tuesday View Post
                          The Scoundrels, just goes to show our sceticism is well founded.

CT
                          I love this from the HSBC spokesman:

"Our processing of PPI complaints is in line with BBA guidance for members waiting for resolution to the judicial review.''

So, that's alright then.

Comment

So where's the actual letter?
                            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                              So where's the actual letter?
                              Maybe MSE are uncomfortable with publishing it.

Comment

Maybe. I just prefer first hand than someone elses take on things. There aren't any direct quotes from the letter published either are there? Assuminig it related to an individual case there would be DPA issues, but a good amount of redaction of the personal bits should make it okay to publish and I expect the letters are templated with personal bits added after anyways.

(don't mind me, I'm just sulking)
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X