• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold

Originally posted by mids View Post
    Glad somebody else feels the same way. Ive spoken to my bank this morning and they have more or less said that if my complaint had not have been submitted via a CMC my claim would have been settled.
    Why? I would have thought if you and the CMC had submitted it at the same time then it would have been treated the same or are you saying that if you hadn't delayed by contacting the CMC first that the complaint would have been settled already?
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by mids View Post
      Glad somebody else feels the same way. Ive spoken to my bank this morning and they have more or less said that if my complaint had not have been submitted via a CMC my claim would have been settled.

Let the CMC know as based on the banks sentiment they have a case to take them to court NOW

Also write to the bank & confirm what was said

Comment

We've finally got the court docs but as they were only available in hard copy I'll have to scan each page (of which there are about 200) so don't expect them to get posted up before early evening.

The FOS response was in fact filed on time last Friday but didn't get logged on to the courts system.

The documents consist of:

*FSA Detailed Grounds of Resistance
        *FOS Grounds for Resisting Claim
        *Nemo Grounds for Supporting Claim

The case is now listed including Nemo as a party.

I've only had a chance to read the FOS submission but essentially they are resisting the claim outright due to the time limit and are contesting the claim in substance on the grounds that the ''guidance'' the BBA complains of is not '''guidance'' at all and is in fact merely information as to how the FOS reach their PPI decisions and does not represent a change in the criteria by which they decide complaints.

Counsel for FSA:
        Micheal Brindle QC
        Monica Carss-Frisck QC
        Richard Coleman
        James McClland

Counsel for FOS:
        Hodge Malek QC
        James Strachan

Counsel for Nemo:
        Micheal Fordham QC
        Last edited by EXC; 18th December 2010, 15:51:PM.

Comment

I guess the FOS follow the regulations set by the FSA so are really a bystander.

Nemo had 94% of complaints against insurances upheld in consumers favour by the FOS last year. Not great record and I suspect they would be looking at being expected to repay a similar percentage of customers back the insurances under the pro active rules. That would be a heck of a lot of their profit hit. (No sympathy whatsoever)
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

In their submission Nemo state they have only sold 5000 odd policies themselves so on the face of it it hardly seem worth their while getting involved. But if 94% were mis-sold then it probably does.

Nemo submission attached.

Comment

If nemo were granted permission to be party one wonders why no CMC's have applied also?
              If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                If nemo were granted permission to be party one wonders why no CMC's have applied also?
                According to their trade association they considered it:

''Whilst the CSC had also considered to be heard as an interested party, CSC members on balance felt that this would not be particular useful, given the likely cost. Members, particularly the larger CMCs felt that PR / lobbying activities would be more productive.''

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
                  Why? I would have thought if you and the CMC had submitted it at the same time then it would have been treated the same or are you saying that if you hadn't delayed by contacting the CMC first that the complaint would have been settled already?
                  The impression I got was clear. One of my claims ( I have six in total...hence my interest in this) would have been handled differently if I had submitted directly myself. Its clear my claim is being discriminated against because I have used a CMC. I used the same CMC to defend CCA claims against me. I cant now sack the CMC
                  as I am contracted to them. I dont want to anyway as I think they have done a good job so far in one of my other claims. I can see the banks point of view. I have six claims in total ( 4 on paid off loans), if it hadn't been for the CMC I wouldnt have been aware that I could claim on paid off agreements. Its clearly this 'claim farming' that the banks are trying to stop. Having said that, CMC or not, I am adamant I was ripped off!!!

Comment

FOS Grounds http://www.legalbeagles.info/FOS_JR_...galBeagles.pdf
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Thanks Ame.

I’m quite pleased with the FOS response as I was always a bit more concerned with the challenge to them than the FSA. If the FOS ‘guidance’ was quashed it may leave it open to the BBA to challenge all the upheld complaints for the last couple of years.
                      Last edited by EXC; 17th December 2010, 17:45:PM.

Comment

mids although on a personal point of view i do not advocate cmc's myself and is because i have sorted 9 policies myself i believe there is a need for cmc's no upfront fee ones anyway because many folk do not have the time or know how to do it themselves or just cant be bothered with it so they do have a use but the cmc market does need a clean up as there are like anything else rouges out there that do not have the customers interest in the forfront

sigpic

Comment

Yes Pompey, agreed. I think my own CMC is very good but Im angry that my claim is viewed differently because its been submitted on their letterhead rather than my own. The actual complaint is the same. Ive been diabetic since 1998 and self-employed since 1999. My own 'business relationship manager' ( whom I trusted) arranged a large loan for my business, the payments were affordable so I agreed. What he didnt tell me was that he debited my account with £12600 to pay for PPI. I didnt know this until my CMC checked my loan agreement about 4 yrs after it had been paid off!!! Im looking at total claims values of near on 35k plus interest...this will secure my family for a couple of years...thats why Im angry. I still cant see why I am now subject to JR just because Ive gone through a CMC???? Anybody?

Comment

http://www.legalbeagles.info/FSA_JR_...galbeagles.pdf

FSA Grounds
                            Last edited by Amethyst; 18th December 2010, 06:57:AM.
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Yes Pompey, agreed. I think my own CMC is very good but Im angry that my claim is viewed differently because its been submitted on their letterhead rather than my own. The actual complaint is the same. Ive been diabetic since 1998 and self-employed since 1999. My own 'business relationship manager' ( whom I trusted) arranged a large loan for my business, the payments were affordable so I agreed. What he didnt tell me was that he debited my account with £12600 to pay for PPI. I didnt know this until my CMC checked my loan agreement about 4 yrs after it had been paid off!!! Im looking at total claims values of near on 35k plus interest...this will secure my family for a couple of years...thats why Im angry. I still cant see why I am now subject to JR just because Ive gone through a CMC???? Anybody?

Neither can I mids it totally stinks, a CMC is a third party and really is no different to getting a mortgage via a broker for instance.

Its ok for them to sell products via a third party, but soon as us consumers do it its a different matter.

If both you and the CMC are in regular contact to update etc then I cannot see what the problem is.

sigpic

Comment

At paragraph 142 of the FSA's submission (http://www.legalbeagles.info/FSA_JR_...galBeagles.pdf) the FSA accuses the BBA of ''inserting words in square brackets that change the meaning'' of an FSA quoted passage in the BBA's JR application.

Naughty.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X