• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
    Blimey, for 73k I'd commute !
    Go for it!!!!

Comment

Yeah go on!!!
      Do it!:clap2:

Comment

not really a good day today

seems its going the banks way

MSE reported "loser of the review will likely appeal"

which means this could take years.

Comment

All the more reason to dispute the account and stop paying the blighters
          sigpic"Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."

Comment

I've read on MoneySavingExpert a couple of references suggesting that if the banks win then claims stop. Guy Anker writes
            'Were banks to win the case, reclaiming could end, so don't delay in making a claim. An initial result is expected in early 2011 though the loser is likely to appeal.'
            Wendy Alcock has also said
            'Consumers must take this chance to complain now while they still have the chance. If the banks were to unjustly win this review, the chances of getting compensation will be limited'
            why is reclaiming going to go if the banks win - i thought they were fighting the imposition of new rules, not the existance of current ones as well?

Comment

Originally posted by christerfari View Post
              I've read on MoneySavingExpert a couple of references suggesting that if the banks win then claims stop. Guy Anker writes
              'Were banks to win the case, reclaiming could end, so don't delay in making a claim. An initial result is expected in early 2011 though the loser is likely to appeal.'
              'Consumers must take this chance to complain now while they still have the chance. If the banks were to unjustly win this review, the chances of getting compensation will be limited'
              why is reclaiming going to go if the banks win - i thought they were fighting the imposition of new rules, not the existance of current ones as well?
              great point

my conspiracy theory guard is back up!!

some thing are just not right, this is all smelling fishy to me

OFT in the end helped the banks not us

this time?

Comment

My thoughts exactly.

How can they state that rules that WERE in existence at the time of the sales (either GISC and from 14/01/05 the FSA) were of no importance because that is what they are sounding like.

Those rules and regulations were put into a rule book for the banks etc to follow and if the rules were broken then the complaint would stand and if the complaint was not upheld then the complaint could be taken to the Ombudsman (for which purpose this was set up for).

Are they now implying that those rules from previous no longer stand and if you have complaint that relates to "the old" rules you cannot do jack about it?

Comment

Originally posted by NLP View Post
                  great point

my conspiracy theory guard is back up!!

some thing are just not right, this is all smelling fishy to me

OFT in the end helped the banks not us

this time?
                  Yeah,

8th October, banks/fsa state about the Judicial Review
                  11th October, banks defy the FSA
                  12th October, FSA gain collective, consumer redress powers?
                  Just all seems convenient and lots of happenings???

Hmmmm something going on me thinks!!!
                  Last edited by marshallka; 13th October 2010, 16:13:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by marshallka View Post
                    Yeah,

8th October, banks/fsa state about the Judicial Review
                    11th October, banks defy the FSA
                    12th October, FSA gain collective, consumer redress powers?
                    Just all seems convenient and lots of happenings???

Hmmmm something going on me thinks!!!
                    it almost seems like the FSA give the bank a reason to start a legal contest and delay the whole process, just like the OFT did... and then backed right off even when the supreme court gave them an angle for further legal recourse.

its all bent, nobody can believe it aint.

Comment

'Were banks to win the case, reclaiming could end........''
                      That can't be right. If the banks won the Judicial Review it would have no effect on complaints being made under the existing rules.

Comment

Exc we need to get the above point claified by the fsa
                        If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

In my view there's nothing to clarify. It's simply the unsubstantiated view of a single journalist.

All the JR is challenging is the revised and strengthened criteria by which some older policy complaints are judged by. If it succeeds it can't diminish the existing rules which apply to all policy complaints.

Comment

unless there is another fix up taking place

Comment

Originally posted by NLP View Post
                              unless there is another fix up taking place
                              Well, what one can there be? They cannot say that someone with a pre existing medical condition was NOT missold PPI where they were ineligible to receive the benefit, could they? The issue is over the rules on dealing with redress ie when they are in the wrong.
                              "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                              (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
                                Well, what one can there be? They cannot say that someone with a pre existing medical condition was NOT missold PPI where they were ineligible to receive the benefit, could they? The issue is over the rules on dealing with redress ie when they are in the wrong.
                                i agree, so why are those claims now on hold?

because its a fix up

go to the high court... win lose or draw... appeal... another 6-12 months delay

then to the court of appeal... win lose or ddraw... to the supreme court

3 years later..... i despair!!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X