• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lloyds puts PPI claims on hold in defiance of regulator

anyone know what happens to the claims that have already been upheld by FOS and are awaiting settlement? Will they also be put on hold?
    In order for evil to triumph it is necessary only that good men do nothing.

Comment

well Officially nothings on hold, but we have heard one person who was waiting for a 6k cheque has been told by lloyds he won't be getting it now !

If there does end up being a DISP waiver then there will be terms to the waiver, much as there was for bank charge claims, and already promised refunds SHOULD be safe.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
        putting it in press

here FSA bans three fraudulent mortgage brokers and imposes fines totalling more than£400k - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

oo marshy you changed the link lol. Well at least my story (lol) shows the FSA do still have SOME teeth.
        Yeah, banning a Mortgage Broker is a little different than rapping the hand that feeds you. The FSA has a loan from both the HSBC and LLoyds of 200 million.... and were expecting more this year!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by marshallka View Post
          Have the HSBC also stopped accepting complaints? Someone has twittered it??
          "Away from her desk", have left message for her to contact me.
          Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Credit today - Credit Today online

Lloyds reveals struggles of navigating regulators - 12/10/2010

A senior staff member at Lloyds Banking Group today revealed some of the difficulties involved in ensuring the bank was fully compliant with data protection guidance, at Credit Today's Data and Technology conference.

Andy Twaits, head of business mobilisation and risk systems at Lloyds, said that due to the banks being bound by so many different regulators ensuring its mortgage books and the data it held on customers was up-to-date and accurate and that it did not fall "through the cracks" was a "constant challenge".

Twaits said that he and his team had been working on improving the bank's legacy data systems, but he was also involved in setting up a completely new mortgage data system that will allow flexibility and forsee regulators' future demands for full reports.

He said that it was a matter of "getting all the data and getting it now" to ensure the bank was fully prepared for the future.

However, Twaits said that he didn't want to turn his team into regulation experts. He said he worked closely with the bank's compliance department to update it about developments and as a result the bank's departments was "constantly hoisting itself up to meet guidance."

Twaits said: "We are tightly bound by what we can and can't do by regulators. The key thing is to find flexibility in the system that allows creativitity to hold the data better."
            just thought that was funny. they certainly are creative !
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Martin Lewis, MoneySavingExpert.com creator, says: "This is an outrage. The bank charges reclaiming hold was ordered by the courts and agreed with by the FSA – this is something quite different.

"This type of action is like a black-hatted cowboy riding into town, whooping and yelling, and pretending they're untouchable. It's time for the FSA to polish up its sheriff's badge, kick in its spurs and shoot them down.
              "We know 81% of people who go to the Ombudsman with PPI complaints win. We know there has been systemic mis-selling.
              "What we need to see now, after the charade of the bank charges technicality, is the institutions of state provide real justice for the millions who've been mis-sold billions worth of PPI."

Comment

Originally posted by Tools View Post
                Yes, you have just found them
                Thanks for that!! We need sharpened teeth to a point and razor like in their delivery! Sometimes the English language cant express in one word what one feels - but words like arrogance spring to mind!!

I am so liking this website.....

wheazy57 x
                ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                Originally posted by marshallka View Post
                Yeah, the FSA, their regulator:lalala: who they are not listening to....
                Like it!! So agree with you - I still feel so angry though in the knowledge that these b******s are STILL holding us in complete contempt.

wheazy57
                Last edited by wheazy57; 12th October 2010, 11:32:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I guess Lloyds have more to lose than most if they are forced to review historical complaints....

From The Sunday Times

November 11, 2007
                  Why Lloyds could be cutting your payouts

The bank is offering customers ‘bribes’ so that they don’t go to the ombudsman

Jessica Bown

THOUSANDS of Lloyds TSB customers could be missing out on hundreds of pounds in compensation for mis-sold loan protection because the bank is trying to dissuade them from taking their cases to the ombudsman.
                  Lloyds TSB, which sells more payment protection insurance (PPI) than any other company, is offering mis-selling victims “goodwill gestures” rather than logging their complaints with the Financial Services Authority (FSA), claims managers alleged last week. Customers could potentially get more money if they took their claims to the ombudsman, CMC and its offshoot CMC, which take up consumers’ PPI mis-selling cases with lenders, believe financial giants are using off-the-record “goodwill gestures” to lower the number of complaints they have to report.
                  Anthony Sultan, CMC managing director, said: “Our suspicion is that these cases are not being declared to the regulator and therefore never appear in any FSA statistics on PPI mis-selling.”
                  removed cmc's name
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                    Credit today - Credit Today online

just thought that was funny. they certainly are creative !
                    'Andy Twaits'................Are you sure they got his name right Ame - did they put an 'i' in by mistake d'you think?

Comment

Have now spoken to James at HSBC Press Office. The general comment was that they are "discussing with the FSA & FOS on how to deal with new complaints" my feeling is that they are wanting to at least put any new claims/complaints on hold.

He was unsure of policy regarding currently ongoing claims/complaints and is checking, he will get back to me later.

It seems that the majority of lenders will be seeking to put new claims on hold but are unsure as to what to do with current ones, we will keep everyone informed as we get to know more.
                      Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Bloody typical....just when my SIL should be expecting her payout from Black Horse....has accepted their offer, the 8 weeks is up this Friday (unless of course she's already had the refund and not told me).
                        Is no longer here

Comment

anyone with complaints with banks that are past 8wks get them into the FOS now
                          If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

I will send my copies/reclaims to the FOS with what I sent Lloyds yesterday.

Comment

My last LTSB one is now with the FOS..............in fact it's my last one altogether, thank goodness - still no cheque from Norton though

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                                Don't know yet although ''....all but Santander saying they are currently reviewing their own policy on new claims.''

LLoyds refuse any more PPI claims | Credit Jungle

I have Santander:

"Just to confirm that we will continue to deal with any issues our customers put to us regarding PPI in accordance with FSA rules."
                                "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                                (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X