• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Can I claim?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I claim?

Hello, it's been a while since I was on here and I have a small question.

Thirteen years ago we took out our mortgage which is very close to being fully paid. When we took it out the Coventry Building society said we had to have PPI, so we took out the policy and have paid it monthly since then. We were not given the option of not taking it out, it was a case of 'you have to have PPI'. Is there a case that this was missold to us and can I reclaim any of it back?

Thanks,
    Liam..
    Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Re: Can I claim?

Hi Liam

Long time no see? I do hope you are well?

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...play.php?f=125 Link to PPI

If you were forced to have PPI and you have not made any claims on it you may have been mis sold this policy.

For instance I am self employed and the PPI policies do not normally cover you unless you are employed? or you may have a medical condition which would not have been covered at the time the policy was taken out and therefore you may have been paying premiums for no reason, or quite simply you were not given a choice.

Have you actually read the terms and conditions relating to this policy?

If you feel you have been mis -sold this policy you will have to write to the Mortgage company/insurers requesting a full refund.

If you do not receive a satisfactory answer then it is the FOS who will take this further.

Good luck

Tuttsi

Originally posted by Happyolddog View Post
    Hello, it's been a while since I was on here and I have a small question.

Thirteen years ago we took out our mortgage which is very close to being fully paid. When we took it out the Coventry Building society said we had to have PPI, so we took out the policy and have paid it monthly since then. We were not given the option of not taking it out, it was a case of 'you have to have PPI'. Is there a case that this was missold to us and can I reclaim any of it back?

Thanks,
    Liam..

Comment

I downloaded the complaints form for the F.O.S, sent it to them and today they said that it was a mis-sold policy and they would force the Coventry BS to pay back the money. I don't have to do anything but wait for the cheque.

Comment

Result!! Good on yer Hod x

Am just about to send off the form for my SIL for her PPI with Black Horse, lets hope she gets a result too.
        Is no longer here

Comment

Well done :cheer2:

Comment

Result, cheque arrived today for 13 years of mis sold PPI by the Cov B.S plus interest =£885.71, I'm out this weekend to celebrate )

Comment

Originally posted by Happyolddog View Post
              Result, cheque arrived today for 13 years of mis sold PPI by the Cov B.S plus interest =£885.71, I'm out this weekend to celebrate )
              Mine's a pint then mate!

Well done xxx
              Is no longer here

Comment

It came just at the right time, I'm out tonight with my cousins as we have a wedding tomorrow, so I shall be able to spend for a change.

Thanks Wendy....xx
                ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                Thanks Tuttsi as well xxxx
                Last edited by Happyolddog; 30th July 2010, 09:30:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

wow..... congrats HOD, pleased to see it worked out for you.

If you come to the Nottingham meet in October you can treat us all to a drink?

All the best
                  Tutts xx

Comment

Great news Liam, well done you xx
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X