• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

help with black horse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with black horse

hi
    New here and would welcome any help.

About 4 years ago my husband was in hospital with mental health issues and off work for 4 months. when he felt a bit better and before he returned to work he took out a sercured loan with balckhorse. The payments were £350 a month. We paid this for about a year then split up. I took over the payments as i was worried about it being secured on my house. I wrote to them and said we did not want ppi and not aware that we had signed for this. as he had time off work with back injury and more recently mental health problems the we would not be able t claim anyway. the told me that i would not be able to claim back money paid but they would stop the ppi from that date. payments came down to £233 which i am currently paying.I was thinking about starting the process again but doing it properly ths time. do i need to start with a SAR.
    I am also to take on Marstons, Rundells, Abbey and Egg so hoping for some help and support along the way! Thanks

Re: help with black horse

Hi and welcome to Legal Beagles.

A good starting point is always to send a SAR as it is possible you may have been mis-sold PPI.

The fact you are taking on Marstons, Rundel, Abbey and Egg - do you have any charges and could you be accepted under the FSA waiver rules for hardship. It maybe a good idea to start a thread in each section - or the hardship section if this applies to you, details can be found here http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ad.php?t=15761 and http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...play.php?f=106

If you need any help with this please let us know.

Tuttsi

Comment

Thanks for the speedy reply. I am currently looking through piles of unopened letters and putting them into bundles. seems like a massive task but determined to sort it all out starting with the PPI.

Comment

When did you last write to blackhorse and receive their reply?

Comment

Hi

It was sometime ago, to be honest i cant remember, been through some very bad times over the last few years. Its only now i have decided to start facing the piles of letters i have and deal with it all. its a massive task and think i will need lots of help.

Comment

No problem, one step at a time.

Comment

i have just foundthe reply and remember now. I think this one is a no goer. It says prior to taking out this loan we were required to undertake a 'demands and needs questionaire' they say that as i had filled it out i had extensive knowledge of payment protect polices. they have enclosed a copy of this. It does not make much sense to me and looks like the charge for the PPI was over 5k plus interest. at least i am now paying it now.

Comment

Don't give up, what year did you take out this loan?

Comment

just checked and it was taken out in May 2006

Comment

Thats good it means you will be coveredby the FOS.

Write to Blackhorse and give your reasons for mis selling e.g previous medical condition.(include any proof if you have it)

Was the PPI amount added to the loan and interest added and you are still paying for it now? (single premium) If so also put that in.

Then wait for their reply, they have 8 weeks.

Does their last letter say final response or mention the FOS and what date is on it?

Comment

thanks for the help - i feel like so much better knowing i can come on here and get support.

took out the loan on 1/7/06
                      wrote to them on 5/11/07 so was onlu actually paying the ppi for just over a year.

they wrote back on 21/11/07 saying bugger off you knew ppi was included and say at the end of the letter contact FOS if still unhappy.

i dont think this one is a goer....

Comment

Is there a reason you did not pursue this?

Comment

no other reason than i had lots going on. its been a very difficult 3 years for me and been difficult to cope

Comment

Then if I were you I would ring the FOS and explain the situation and why you didnt pursue it and see if they will take on your complaint.

Comment

This demands and needs questionnaire, if you didnt understand it at the time then its worthless IMO. I would do as pinknico says and give the FOS a buzz
                              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X