• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI claim rejected Capitolone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI claim rejected Capitolone

Hello everyone,
    Firstly I am not sure if I am at the right place. It might be an employment related issu. Well the story is that I am disappointed with the outcome of my PPI insurance claim with Capitalone due to unemployment. Last year in August I was on sick leave for almost two months (never made a claim) and after that I changed to a new job but my employment was terminated due to bad verbal reference (from my ex employer) was given within the first week of my employment. There was no hearing and I was never told the causes. I asked my ex employers but they are completely denying that they had not given any reference at all. Infect they said it is not there policy and the only reference they give is the length of my service and confirmation of my name. I have record of all the correspondence. Now the problem is AxA (PPI Insurer for Capitalone) are saying that they are refusing this claim because my dismissal was due to bad reference and this refers to my performance which is not covered into my policy. I am bit confused because currently I am receiving PPI payments into my other card account and it was approved without any problem. I only applied for this claim because I just found out that I been actually paying for this cover. I do not recall taking this cover. I wish to appeal against this decision. Any suggestions? Thank you for reading and for your help.

Best regards,

Re: PPI claim rejected Capitolone

Well first off if they are stating that these reasons are not covered in your policy, I should then take at look at your policy and your T&C's. It should state in there exactly what is and isn't covered.

Comment

Send a cca request £1 and find out if ppi was an option on the application if so did you tick it?

There are many reasons why PPI may not have been appropriate to your needs here are a few:

You were led to believe that the loan insurance policy was compulsory when you took out your loan ?
      You were self employed or unemployed when you took out the loan insurance.
      Your age meant that the policy would never cover you in the event of a claim.
      You were not informed of the policy exclusions that might affect you before you were sold the loan insurance.
      You were not told you could buy loan insurance elsewhere.
      You were not asked if you had other insurance that would cover your loan.
      You were told that you had to take out loan insurance to get a loan.
      You were not informed that as well as paying for the loan insurance up front you could also pay for cover on a monthly basis.
      You paid back your loan early and the loan insurance which you paid for upfront was not refunded to you.
      You increased your loan and the loan insurance premium was increased without your consent.
      The terms & conditions of the loan insurance policy were not properly explained to you.

You were put under pressure to take out the loan insurance

I am sure there could be more reasons.
      The charges coming in to the banking industry every day will more than pay the banks total legal bill for the whole test case so why wouldn’t the Banks want to "ensure Justice at the highest level"

Comment

Thanks Robster and enaid,
        I will look into these. Thanks

regards

Comment

On an immediate front, the giving of a bad reference, verbal or otherwise is potentially a problem for your previous employer.

Given your comments about your employment being terminated on the basis of a verbal reference, then your last employer may also be in the do-do as well.

whilst i think that during your probationary period the employer has more flexibility to sack you, i don't think this absolves them of any responsibility to act reasonably.

If the 1st employer has given a verbal reference they are not prepared to substantiate in writing then they are probably acting unlawfully in giving such a reference.

If the second employer acts on a reference which is not in writing and more to the point will not be given in writing, then they are probably acting unfairly in reacting to it.

Finally if the ppi is not being paid on the basis that you were sacked on performance i.e. a bad reference) where did they get that info from?

If it wasn't from you then it is evidence of correspondence between both employers/the insurance company.

JMHO

Glenn

Comment

Mmmm, two issues here which IMO may become one at a later date. For now though I would approach them seperately.

1) Verbal reference.
            Maybe others can elaborate here ?. Can we DPA/SAR both the employment companies for usual plus manual notes of this and phone tapes ??.

2) PPI.
            I would send DPA/SAR and be sure to ask for hard copy evidence of all phone calls. When you get the T/Cs post them up so we can take a look at them. There may well be a restriction saying you have to be in employment for a minimum of 6 months (or the like) but for them to refuse a claim due to your bad work performance kinda stinks.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X