• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bank gives their own reason why PPI was missold

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bank gives their own reason why PPI was missold

Is this unusual as I thought banks say it was mis-sold without giving a reason?
    is it because the deadline has passed?
    Banks own reason for mis-selling:
    "you were not provided with enough information to make an informed decision about the purchase of the PPI policy"
    Tags: None

Sometimes banks have reviewed their own systems and processes for the sale of PPI and found they wouldn't have complied with the regulations at the time, and if you made a claim about misselling it would be uphold. Sometimes they are told to pro-activly contact customers affected by the FCA regulators.

What letter have you had, from whom, and had you previously approached them about reclaiming your PPI?

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      Sometimes banks have reviewed their own systems and processes for the sale of PPI and found they wouldn't have complied with the regulations at the time, and if you made a claim about misselling it would be uphold. Sometimes they are told to pro-activly contact customers affected by the FCA regulators.

What letter have you had, from whom, and had you previously approached them about reclaiming your PPI?
      The beneficiary made a claim for for 4 lots of PPI since Nov 2018 with the same bank, they said they were going to pay out in May 2019 but didn't go into details . They didn't pay out and kept giving us the run-around. then they said they were going to pay out on 1 loan and not the other 3 but didn't give any reason why they were closing the other 3.
      After waiting months with still nothing , me the Executor deicide to make a small claims court case on behalf of the beneficiary who is not a executor.
      The summary judgement hearing is in march 2020.
      The bank has started to contact the beneficiary offering various payments there now paying out on 3, but I told the beneficiary not to accept any payments because of the counterclaim from the bank and it would be dangerous for me to discontinue the case as it hasn't been allocated to a track yet.
      Also the bank wants probate they have never ask for this before .Im now applying for probate and hoping to get it before the court case as im not sure if a valid will will suffice in court.
      Last edited by hello 007; 14th January 2020, 16:11:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X