• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

RBS want to discuss PPI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RBS want to discuss PPI

I wrote to RBS complaining about PPI, speculatively, as I was unsure if I had been sold any in the past. They have written to me asking to discuss PPI that they have found and have quoted a policy number.

I am unsure what to expect of this call, and what not to say. The letter quotes a policy number, which related to a mortgage but does not state for when or where the policy relates. What should I expect?

thank you!
    Tags: None

If the letter is definitely from RBS, and you'd contacted them first, then talk to them. They will ask you what you remember about when you took out the Mortgage and how the PPI was sold to you, whether you felt you had to have it in order to get the mortgage or weren't aware you even had it at the time etc. They might ask you about your employment etc and savings status at the time of taking out the loan ( to see if you might not have been eligible for PPI anyway ). It was likely a long time ago so if you can't remember, say you don't remember.

Other half had Halifax ring him day before y'day about his old mortgage PPI ( you'd think we'd have got that sorted years ago lol ) and it was basically them filling in the complaint form over the phone so they can get it through the system quicker. All above board

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks It's going to be from some time ago for sure. I haven't had an RBS mortgage for some time. I can't ever remember having PPI, so it's an easy and honest one to say I was not aware! Good points on saying if I can't remember!

Comment

Yip other half's mortgage was from 1997 so he tried his best to remember what happened lol but most of it was "ooooooooooo I don't remember, I think x,y,z possibly "
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X