• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Stirling Credit and Endeavour Personal Finance PPI Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stirling Credit and Endeavour Personal Finance PPI Claim

Hi All.

My wife and I thought we should reclaim for any remaining PPI that may be due to us fefore the deadline next year and have found that my wife had finance with Endeavour Personal Finance and Sterling Credit back in 2001 and 2005 respectively. We got this information from a few credit reference agencies.

Having done some investigation on the internet I have discovered that they were both dissolved some time ago and their matters are now being dealt with by HSBC, (Sterling being part of HFC Bank at the time). Later HFC were absorbed into HSBC.

They have a portion of their website devoted to PPI reclaiming https://www.hsbc.co.uk/help/payment-...ion-insurance/

Since we no longer have any paperwork from these companies would it be fair to contact HSBC and how should I go about it please?

Kind regards

Find out about Payment Protection Insurance on HSBC UK.
    Tags: None

Yes contacting HSBC in the first instance is your best bet to get the ball rolling on this. HSBC have an online form to start the complaint on that page ( https://webforms.hsbc.co.uk/ppi-comp...x.php/showForm ) so I would complete as much information on there as you can about the companies and the loans/products you had with PPI and see what the response is. The FCA also say the same - https://www.fca.org.uk/ppi/contact-hsbc-hfc .

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks Amethyst.

Following your reply I've had a chance to check the two websites that you mentioned, FCA and HSBC however they require you to have some detail that we don't have anymore. We only know that we had them through checking the credit reference agencies online.

For example account numbers so is there a letter template for an initial inquiry to ascertain what the account numbers where. We have the dates from the online checks.

I would get my wife to phone them but various website such as MSE have always said in the past not to phone but to write.

Thanks as always.

I

Comment

Ringing them is absolutely fine, they have a dedicated PPI team, and it might be the quickest way to find out how to get your complaint submitted and if direct to HSBC is correct in the first instance. You're not agreeing anything with them just requesting information... so calling is okay. If it came to offers etc then you should always ask them to confirm anything in writing. The PPI complaint forms have space for all the accounts numbers but you don't need to complete them all. If the accounts still show on your credit files then you may be able to obtain all the information by submitting a SAR - might be a good idea in any case - Subject Access Request Letter
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X