• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bank-Smart - Court Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bank-Smart

You will have to apply, but as a LIP and as it's a small claim you can often get around it with a witness statement expanding on your original defence - so if course it hugely depends what that was. Will have a look when you have sent it to EXC.

And just to say, good on you for sticking up for yourself on this, it would have. Web easy to just pay the £35 to avoid the hassle - which of course is what they count on and how they get away with it so much
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Crossed posts but yeyyy sounds hopeful. Can u send exc the original and the new one you're working on pls xxx
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Re: Bank-Smart - Court Claim

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
        How to Amend your Claim - CPR Practicalities - LegalBeagles

www.legalbeagles.info › ... › Money & Debt › Bank Charge Claims

check to see if still relevant????

blimey - yes basics are sound but will need to update as I work through the guides - thanks Mike xxx
        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Re: Bank-Smart - Court Claim

Originally posted by jabill View Post
          Ti

To be honest its not that it is a different defence it's pretty much the same information but this time I have the evidence to support it, I just want to make sure that supportive evidence such as the letters from Barclay Card is entered in the hearing, so its not that its different information, its just extra evidence.
          Ok it sounds like you need to amend your witness statement & supporting docs at least. I agree that the letters from Barclaycard are crucial ie they say they can't continue with your claim because of no valid letter of authority - meaning that Bank Smart were incapable of providing the claims management services they were contracted to supply.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
            Crossed posts but yeyyy sounds hopeful. Can u send exc the original and the new one you're working on pls xxx
            Ok, Nick has got my new amended defence and I'm just about to send you guys the old one. I must admit my old defence is weak but like I said I wasn't in possession of the information I needed to put forward a true defence, plus they only allocate you so much word space, trying to fit 7 years of defence in a few boxes was difficult, I thinking maybe I should get a legal defence? because it seems I'm messing up a good solid defence making it look,ike mickey mouse has done it

Comment

lol, Don't worry, I'm sure we've seen worse
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post

Ok can you e-mail me the claim form and anything else you've had from and sent to the court please?
                Hello, I have a similar issue with Bank Smart and I need to prepare for a court hearing to set aside a CCJ. Are you able to recommend a solicitor who can assist with preparing my defence? Many thans.

Comment

Hi I thought bank smart had given up and left me alone, but they are hounding me again for money! They havent even got me any ppi back but say I owe them money for work they have done! I asked them to get me paid back filled there forms in but heard nothing... after year or so I asked another company to get it for me which they did approx £77 only... then a year or so ago I got a letter from bank smart saying I owed them money as we had took another company on to get the ppi but they had done work on my behalf... I wrote to them several times explaining but I got no reply... I hadn't heard anything back for a long time, but today I've received another letter from them demanding money! Please help I can't take this anymore xx

Comment

Originally posted by Sammy1970 View Post
                    Hi I thought bank smart had given up and left me alone, but they are hounding me again for money! They havent even got me any ppi back but say I owe them money for work they have done! I asked them to get me paid back filled there forms in but heard nothing... after year or so I asked another company to get it for me which they did approx £77 only... then a year or so ago I got a letter from bank smart saying I owed them money as we had took another company on to get the ppi but they had done work on my behalf... I wrote to them several times explaining but I got no reply... I hadn't heard anything back for a long time, but today I've received another letter from them demanding money! Please help I can't take this anymore xx
                    Hiya

Sorry, been away so just seen this.

It sounds like they are saying you breached their contract but the regulator has banned them from chasing breach of contract invoices - see here Bank Smart IMPORTANT UPDATE - LegalBeagles Forum

In any event claims management companies have a regulatory obligation to keep their customers informed about any PPI claims every 6 months, so if you didn't hear from them for a year after you signed up with them you should be perfectly within your rights to go to another claims management company.

If you could send me the original letter you got from them about it, the recent letter and the letters/emails you sent to them, I can recommend what you need to do. It's nick@legalbeaglesgroup.com

Comment

Hi nick
                      that's no problem, ive only just seen your reply.
                      I will dig out my paperwork and email to you ASAP.
                      Thank you so much for your help I really appreciate it
                      Kind regards sam

Comment

Hi nick
                        that's no problem, ive only just seen your reply.
                        I will dig out my paperwork and email to you ASAP.
                        Thank you so much for your help I really appreciate it
                        Kind regards sam
                        No problem and send anything else you think might be relevant.

Comment

Hi nick im sorry I've sent you rather a lot of emails thank you so much for you time and help xx

Comment

Hi nick im sorry I've sent you rather a lot of emails thank you so much for you time and help xx
                            Hi Sammy

It's ok. I've had a look through and replied. Although it's complicated I don't think you've got anything to worry about. I'm confident that we can deal with it so don't worry.

Comment

Thank you so much, I can't believe you are helping me.. no-one ever helps me, every thing seems to go wrong for me if I told you that a car crashed into the house I privatly rent last Christmas I bet you wouldn't believe me... and it's still not completely fixed!... and my landlord is after me for 7 back months rent as hes just found out hes not covered for it, even though he told me to stop paying the rent the day it happened! ..sorry I'm rambling! Anyway thank you so much xxx

Comment

Thank you so much, I can't believe you are helping me.. no-one ever helps me, every thing seems to go wrong for me if I told you that a car crashed into the house I privatly rent last Christmas I bet you wouldn't believe me... and it's still not completely fixed!... and my landlord is after me for 7 back months rent as hes just found out hes not covered for it, even though he told me to stop paying the rent the day it happened! ..sorry I'm rambling! Anyway thank you so much xxx
                                You're welcome.

You will have seen FCA's response so let's sit tight and see what happens.

In the meantime I'll ask islandgirl what she thinks about you landlord issue.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X