• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

ATM sols / Grassroots Financial / Temple / Legal Ness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ATM sols / Grassroots Financial / Temple / Legal Ness

Originally posted by pt2537 View Post
    ahh sooooo if the service is not complete then they are well buggered. And on many of the GRF cases they will have relied on s78 breaches which we all know can be remedied, sooooo there may be an argument to say they haven't complied with the contractual obligations so aren't entitled to payment
    That's what I'm hoping... I'm sure we've got a GRF contract about the place

I don't believe their service is up to waiting 12+2 days after sending a CCA request then telling you to stop paying your debt and charge you 30% of your debt (well, actually I can scumbuckets)
    If we get the CCA's and check them for enforceability issues that might help disprove they did the work.... harder if they just don't send anything - BUT this contact wasn't signed till middle of 2010 and we were already in ' breach can be remedied ' territory then weren't we.

Actually PT have you got a copy of their contract ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I won't reply to those letters yet. Yes, all original documents I think are with our solicitor but can get them if you want to see them?
      I think I seen what looks like a copy of our original contract on one of the forums on here. We originally signed up with an agent claiming to work for Grassroots financial and paid £900 to him. He also seemed so desperate for my husband, who was out of work at time, to come in and be an agent..something to do with he 'pyramid' system??
      My husband thankfully declined his offer!!

Comment

I do, but its not something I can share here sadly
        I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Thought you did have, it's okay I don't want you to share them, but just have a read ref what the service is stated as being and concluding the contract and tell me if I'm on the right path I have got one somewhere just matter of digging it out.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

s'ok found mine
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

From Jan 2010 contract

Attached Files
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Jojo1 View Post
                I won't reply to those letters yet. Yes, all original documents I think are with our solicitor but can get them if you want to see them?
                I think I seen what looks like a copy of our original contract on one of the forums on here. We originally signed up with an agent claiming to work for Grassroots financial and paid £900 to him. He also seemed so desperate for my husband, who was out of work at time, to come in and be an agent..something to do with he 'pyramid' system??
                My husband thankfully declined his offer!!
                YES - quite a lot of agents lost out as well - I think agents paid about £3k for the privilege of being able to rip off their friends and family. Lucky them. I have sympathy for them, but less sympathy than for the true victims who stopped paying their debts on the say so of a firm of solicitors (who, as yours was ATM solicitors, have been proven to be acting against the best interest of their clients), and ended up in much worse financial strife than they would have otherwise, AND paid them hundreds of pounds to do so.
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                  From Jan 2010 contract

Anyway did you get any of that ? lol daft question but need to check.
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Yes I did thanks amethyst. So does that mean we have something to throw at them here with the meaning of a successful claim?
                    Was that in the 2010 contract?

Comment

That was Jan 2010. It was before CCLS were booted out and cases started being passed to ATM.

Maybe have a chat with your solicitor, see what he thinks, I should think a strong letter along the lines of the debt they are chasing is a success fee and there was no success would be quite straightforwards for him to do, as he has all your files.

The two debts involved that are now in your DAS did they ever take you to court/threaten court action ?
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Yes..I will contact my solicitor again telling him this. No..we were never threatened with court action from our creditor's, just hounded daily for payment and whenever we told them about Grassroots, they dismissed it..kind of laughed them off really!!

Comment

Do you think I could write to Legal Ness myself or let my solicitor deal with it?
                          Legal fees becoming quite pricey.

Comment

they cannot claim monies if they haven't done the job, so if they aren't able to say the agreement is irredeemably UE then they are in difficulty

Also ask your lawyer to consider if there is any negligence there, McGuffick said you cant cease payments for breach of s78 and if you do then its a breach of contract. If they told you to stop paying on only a s78 breach they may be negligent and its worth looking at
                            I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Thank you amethyst and pt, I will contact our solicitor asap with your advice!

Comment

I have sent an email to our solicitor with all the information and advice you have given me and will let you know his response when I receive it.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X