• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

new phone scam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new phone scam

HI all. interesting phone call yesterday. Chap rang me and asked for me useing my first name. Said he was calling from south africa. and could guarentee to refund miss sold PPI. on mortage and credit cards. I asked him where he got my name from . Next bit will make you laugh. He said the M O J. rang him and gave him my name. After i had stoped laughing i told him to p----- off and put the phone down.

Re: new phone scam

pmsl- why would the MOJ call someone in South africa to refund peoples charges? darn idiots, but sadly i'll bet some people fell for it and gave him their details.

Did you keep a note of the number and report to the scam peeps on consumer direct ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Had a phone call last week, cannot remember the name now, but when challenged on their promises, I happened to mention a member on Legal Beagles. The line went dead???.:beagle:

Comment

pmsl excellent.

If you do get more calls from similar people can you just jot down the number and company name and either put it on here to warn others, or if you get time go and put a brief complaint in on consumer direct scam busters.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X