• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

First Step Debt Elimination / Park Lane Services

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Step Debt Elimination / Park Lane Services

A Warning and Information about this company - First Step Debt Elimination otherwise known as 1st Step Solutions, website www.1ststepdebtelimination.com

Telephone: 0843 207 1783 and 0207 193 5428

also known as " Park Lane Services "

Have a read of this thread:

First Debt Elimination - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums
    Last edited by Amethyst; 12th August 2009, 19:59:PM.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Re: First Step Debt Elimination

This will be how they get their info then, instead of Time Share they have gone on to pestering folk about their debts.

"Hi, i run a field marketing company in Spain, we collect unfair credit agreement leads, at different Spanish airports. We collect all there details, explain a call will be made to them. All clients sign to agree.
    We can deliver quality leads in volume"

Comment

Re: First Step Debt Elimination

I wonder if they tell them they've 'won' a free holiday to encourage them to sign up ?

Comment

Not sure if this is the same outfit being a Furengirola address, It now looks like they are NOW suspended, but don't suppose that will stop them.

Business Name: GloVista Red S.L.
        Address: 2-1a, Pasaje de Camboria Fuengirola Town/City: EU County: EU Postcode: 29640 Trading Names: No Trading Names Sector: Financial products/services,

Comment

Re: First Step Debt Elimination / Park Lane Services

not sure Tuttsi but have a read of this thread Singing Pig - European Mediation
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

It seems that I have been caught by this scam. This company called me and offered to write off my debts back in May of 2009. They have charged me over a £1000 and so far I have had no news of any likelihood of writing off the debts. Every time I call I am fobbed off. Someone called Peter is supposed to be looking at my case but he probably doesn't exist. The company purport to be in Norwich, I will be contacting the police there tomorrow to see if they can help.

Comment

Please complain to the MINISTRY OF JUSTICE and the Trading Standards locally to you as well as the Police imediately.

Can you post up the terms and conditions that you agreed to?

Did they cold call you?

What did they actually promise you?

When did you pay this upfront fee?

Have you called your credit card company, under section 75 you may be eligable to get your money back.

Have a look on Money Saving Expert there has been quite a few peeps there that have been scammed by them as well. One person through complaining to the MOJ has received a refund of the fees that were paid. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...html?t=1663795

Claims Management Officer
              Claims Management Regulation
              Monitoring and Compliance Unit
              57-60 High Street
              Burton on Trent
              Staffordshire
              DE14 1JS
              www.claimsregulation.gov. uk
              Telephone: 0845 450 6858
              Fax: 0845 450 6866
              Email: info@claimsregulation.gov .uk

Keep us informed of any developments.

Thanks Tuttsi

Originally posted by GSommers View Post
              It seems that I have been caught by this scam. This company called me and offered to write off my debts back in May of 2009. They have charged me over a £1000 and so far I have had no news of any likelihood of writing off the debts. Every time I call I am fobbed off. Someone called Peter is supposed to be looking at my case but he probably doesn't exist. The company purport to be in Norwich, I will be contacting the police there tomorrow to see if they can help.
              Last edited by TUTTSI; 8th March 2010, 07:59:AM. Reason: added extra questions

Comment

Hi Everyone, apologies for the delay. This company did cold call me by phone in May 2009 - I stupidly pais upfront fees of over £1000 on a no win, no fee basis. They promised to deal with my credit card companies with a view to getting the debts written off as they were deemed illegal. It was something to do with increasing credit card limits without signed agreements rendering the debt unenforcable.

I have tried to get my money bacj through Egg and M&S. So far Egg have said No! I will go back to the MOJ to see if they can help. Thanks for the advice.:cry:

Comment

Originally posted by GSommers View Post
                  Hi Everyone, apologies for the delay. This company did cold call me by phone in May 2009 - I stupidly pais upfront fees of over £1000 on a no win, no fee basis. They promised to deal with my credit card companies with a view to getting the debts written off as they were deemed illegal. It was something to do with increasing credit card limits without signed agreements rendering the debt unenforcable.

I have tried to get my money bacj through Egg and M&S. So far Egg have said No! I will go back to the MOJ to see if they can help. Thanks for the advice.:cry:
                  Writing off of agreements have fallen with a number of claims being kicked out from court, I am not saying that your claim would not have suceeded but I would only proceed with caution.

Moneybox - BBC which may be of interest to you as well.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/money_box

This is from the MOJ web site, please read this carefully as this may help you obtain a refund of fees at least:-

Claims Management Regulator Fact Sheet – delays in providing a service

This factsheet gives help and guidance if you have paid a claims management business for a service that has not been provided.

I’ve paid a claims management business a fee and have heard nothing further- what should I do?

You should first contact the business providing the service as they should be made aware of the problem you are experiencing. They are required to reply to any contact you make within a reasonable time. You may wish to do so in writing by recorded delivery so that you know they have received your letter.

Can I seek a refund?

This will depend on the terms of the contract you signed with the business. If the business has not provided the service within a reasonable time then they might be in breach of contract and you can ask for a refund.

Can I complain?

All businesses are required to have a complaints handling procedure. If you do not have a copy of this you should request it from the business or you can obtain a copy from the businesses website. Consumer Direct has help and advice about how to write a letter of complaint. You can contact them on 0845 404 0506 or look at the website Consumer Direct - Making a complaint

I have tried to contact the business to complain but they have not replied. What can I do?

If you do not receive a satisfactory response from the business, you may be able to pursue your concerns with the claims management regulator. Let us know when you contracted with the business, any contact you have had with them and what you have done to contact them.

Did you pay the fee by credit card?

If you did pay by credit card and you believe the business is in breach of contract, for instance by failing to provide any service at all, you may be able to seek a refund direct from your credit card company. You should contact your credit card company and they will be able to advise if you have a claim. Consumer Direct also has useful advice on how to request a refund. Consumer Direct - Template Letter No.1 - Use when Goods and Services have been bought on credit

Via website: Contact Us - Claims Management Regulation

By e-mail: info@claimsregulation.gov.uk
                  By telephone: 0845 4506858 / 01283 233309
                  In writing: MCU, 57-60 High Street, Burton on Trent, Staffordshire, DE14 1JS.
                  Last edited by TUTTSI; 12th April 2010, 17:40:PM.

Comment

Up front fee scam uncovered - first debt elimination and many others.... - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X