• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Vet- Dispute- Now dmc letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vet- Dispute- Now dmc letter

We had a dispute last year with the vet, took it to the Ombusman and lost our professional misconduct case(I knew we would as the criteria is very fine and this is how they really go)
    They barred us from their practice when we stated we were going to Ombusman, which resulted in extra fees to regester at new vet.
    we also dispute the costs of treatment and if they had given the correct diagnosis 1st, we would not have done exploratory tests given to us on the 2nd visit where the correct condition was diagnosed as it was really just a case of antibiotics.
    Anyways vet wont deal with us and referred our debt to debt collector.
    we have had various calls and due to MH I ignored them/blocked number as it was constant and I could not deal with it. .
    Now have our 1st letter
    we owed the vet £400 but now we are being chased for £750. I dont know where the fees come from
    any help on how to deal with this. Thanks
    Tags: None

I notice DMC seem to be a South African debt collector.

As this is a UK based site, could you confirm your location.
    If you are in SA not sure you will obtain much advice here, but good luck anyway.

Or was it from DMC Debt Management & counnselling of Welwyn Garden City?

Comment

Hi.
      sorry my mistake, auto correct at it's best.
      It is DSL.
      we are Scotland

Comment

So you write to DSL and tell them you are in dispute over the debt, and suggest they return it to their principals (the vets).

You could also ask for a breakdown of the amount they say you owe

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X