• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Allay Claims Ltd.......Sorry to be another one but......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EXC View Post
    Ok, if you've asked Allay for an SAR they can be a bit slow responding, if at all.
    Yes, that's what I have heard/read a few times now.
    Hopefully the bank or Resolver send me what I am hoping for and then Allay can take as long as they like.
    More calls, emails and texts today reminding me that I still owe them for their services.

Also not sure if at all connected to this but since I have had the complaint reply from Allay I have had several calls and then they hang up when I answer. At least two or three each day. Maybe just coincidence but....

Comment

Does your network have a number blocking function? I'd use it if it does.

Comment

Does your network have a number blocking function? I'd use it if it does.
        Yes. I block each number every time but there are so many. Al least two or three a day.
        Now even the number that Allay have been calling me on are doing the same. Each time I answer they hang up.

Comment

Updates on the SAR request after a month.

I have heard back from the bank to go into a branch and confirm my ID and confirm my address and then I have sent all of this back to them.
          Not heard nothing back as of yet.

Allay on the other hand have not acknowledged the SAR but just carried on as normal with the texts, calls and emails. Last week however I had a text suggesting that they will pass this matter onto their debt collectors.

This week I have had a couple of texts from MYCRS asking me to log in to my account with them (which I do not have an account or have ever heard of them) as Allay have passed on my details to MYCRS and now they are going to collect the debt for Allay.

Comment

Originally posted by Frecklygit View Post

I have heard back from the bank to go into a branch and confirm my ID and confirm my address and then I have sent all of this back to them.
            Not heard nothing back as of yet.

Is this an SAR to the bank?

Comment

Is this an SAR to the bank?
              It is, yes. The bank that the PPI complaint was with.

I am wanting to know if they have actually had any correspondence with Allay about the claim.

I had a letter from the bank back in 2019 saying the complaint was closed as I did not provide the extra information that they requested and I also had a letter from Allay saying that because I did not go into the branch back in 2019 that they have closed the complaint.

Comment

Well, I know this was going to be a long winded process but I did not imagine this much.

So, I have had a parcel delivered from the bank with whom the original PPI was with. Copies of all the bank statements, credit card statements and various letters that they have sent me since 2000. Statements and other documents up until 06/2021.

Allay were not mentioned in any paperwork whatsoever even though they were apparently actively chasing the PPI claim for the last couple of years and that they have successfully 'won' a smaller claim.

I am gutted as I was banking on this being the end of it all. I was waiting on this to come back so I could send the complaint to the ombudsman and finally stick two fingers up to Allay.

The text messages from MyCRS have stopped and now I am receiving similar texts from a company called AJJB Law.

Can a company really just send you random texts stating that you now owe us such and such and pay now ?
                No letter to my home or calls just a text everyday saying 'pay this money and click this link'.

Comment

I'm a bit confused as I thought you had sent the bank the SAR to establish if they had any dealings with Allay. They apparently didn't so that's good isn't it? It means that Allay are less likely to be able to prove to the Ombudsman that they did.

I would go to the Ombudsman now. Although there's no guarantee you'll win there's nothing to lose. It'll take 6 months or so to get a decision though.

Can a company really just send you random texts stating that you now owe us such and such and pay now ?
                  No letter to my home or calls just a text everyday saying 'pay this money and click this link'.
                  I'm afraid so. Have Allay or anyone representing them ever sent anything to your home address?

It's unlikely Allay/AJJB Law would issue proceedings against you for £600 even if they had your address.

Comment

I'm a bit confused as I thought you had sent the bank the SAR to establish if they had any dealings with Allay. They apparently didn't so that's good isn't it? It means that Allay are less likely to be able to prove to the Ombudsman that they did.
                    I am trying to prove that they didn't have any dealings with Allay over the recent PPI claim.

Allay claimed a smaller amount successfully in 2018/2019 and this is where I myself am confused. Surely this successful claim which Allay and The Bank have already sorted should have been in the SAR documents.

Comment

I'm afraid so. Have Allay or anyone representing them ever sent anything to your home address?
                      Allay have sent me probably three letters a week since April and then stopped with the letters and texts altogether.
                      Then I had daily texts only from MyCRS but no letters to my home address.
                      Then daily text messages only from AJJB law and then I have a letter to my home address this weekend from AJJB law with IMPORTANT - POTENTIAL LEGAL ACTION as the heading and with a threat of a CCJ and ' A formal Letter before Claim is likely to follow shortly'.

Comment

Let me know if you get a letter before claim.

Comment

I will do, thank you.

Comment

I received a text from AJJB last week suggesting that I should expect a letter before claim in the post.

Today one was waiting for me.

Comment

Can you send me the letter before claim with any forms attached to it please?

Can you confirm how much Allay are asking you to pay?

Comment

Can you send me the letter before claim with any forms attached to it please?

Can you confirm how much Allay are asking you to pay?
                                Sending the email now. All pages attached.
                                Thank you again for your time Nick.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X