• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Allay Claims Ltd.......Sorry to be another one but......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allay Claims Ltd.......Sorry to be another one but......

So.... How do I cut a long story short ?

2018 ish
    I responded to an ad on Facebook/Instagram/Something similar to a profile called 'Annie's Advice' who would look into PPI claims for me for a 24% fee.
    Well, 76% of something is more than 100% of nothing I suppose. (I now know that I could have done the legwork myself but if I had a penny ....)

Filled out a claim form or whatever from Allay and then nothing.

Lots of text messages saying we've tried this bank and that bank and this company etc etc.

After months of nothing from Allay I received a text message stating that 'Timescales have now elapsed with **** bank' and then back to hearing nothing from them.

August 2019 I heard on Radio 2 Jeremy Vine with Martin Lewis that the deadline for PPI claims was coming to an end and to act now to make a claim and to go through a free company called Resolver.

January 2020 I receive a cheque and an apology from my bank.

April 1st 2021 Allay call me to say that WE have won and that they now want payment of £600. WE indeed.

After since contacting the said bank there was no mention of Allay Claims, the reference number was not the same as Allay's allocated reference number yet they still suggest I owe them the fee.

I have since asked Allay for a copy of all work that they state they have conducted on my behalf but they say they do not need to provide this.

Since April 1st I have had numerous phone calls, text messages and emails all asking for payment.

I have asked for an itemised statement of work carried out and each time I have been ignored.

If I owe them the money I will pay out but I feel that they clearly have not contacted the bank since January 2020 otherwise they would have been made aware of the outcome.

If the claim for PPI was not claimed by Allay themselves then do I have to pay their fees or are they just trying to push if for payment ??

Thank you in advance for any advice or replies.

Tags: None

Subject Access Request Letter send proof posting to Allay claims no charge they have 30 days to respond, that should throw up what they hold? sure others will respond also? keep copy on file.

Comment

You need to make a formal complaint to Allay, which if rejected you can go to the Claims Management Ombudsman.

August 2019 I heard on Radio 2 Jeremy Vine with Martin Lewis that the deadline for PPI claims was coming to an end and to act now to make a claim and to go through a free company called Resolver.
      Did you make a claim through Resolver then?

Comment

You need to make a formal complaint to Allay, which if rejected you can go to the Claims Management Ombudsman.

Did you make a claim through Resolver then?

I have made the complaint to Allay and had a response.
        There are several quotes copied from the T and C highlighted and still they are saying that they do not need to provide me with any itemised bill as such and that just an invoice for their fees is required.
        Also that if another company claimed the money on my behalf Allay are still entitled to 24% even though the last correspondence from Allay suggested that time had elapsed in the claim.

I filled in the Resolver form online on the deadline day for claims in August 2019, had a message and letter from the bank to apologise and to say that they will be in touch. Cheque received and banked.
        Now after a long time of hearing nothing from Allay I am being bombarded with letters, emails, texts and calls all day.

Which way to turn now? I just want to know if I really do owe Allay for a successful claim which I feel they didn't win.

Thanks again.

Comment

[QUOTE]. [Subject Access Request Letter send proof posting to Allay claims no charge they have 30 days to respond, that should throw up what they hold? sure others will respond also? keep copy on file./QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply MIKE770.

I read about a SAR the other day.
          What kind of information would this request show ?

My apologies but I am all new to such stuff and it's all been thrown at me at once.

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Frecklygit View Post
            After months of nothing from Allay I received a text message stating that 'Timescales have now elapsed with **** bank' and then back to hearing nothing from them.
            Do you still have the text and if so can you post up the exact wording please?

Also the bank they mentioned, was it the same bank you eventually got the PPI refund from?

I have made the complaint to Allay and had a response.
            Ok when did you get Allay's response? As you have 6 months from that point to be able to take it to the Ombudsman.

I filled in the Resolver form online on the deadline day for claims in August 2019, had a message and letter from the bank to apologise and to say that they will be in touch.
            Did the bank's letter mention Resolver or Allay (or failing that a date when they received the claim or anything that links one of them) ?

Which way to turn now? I just want to know if I really do owe Allay for a successful claim which I feel they didn't win.
            If you don't feel that they were responsible for the claim then you should complain to the Ombudsman, that's if you can withstand the flack Allay are throwing at you.

I read about a SAR the other day.
            What kind of information would this request show ?
            In theory every document that they hold that pertains to you. But they are famous for not responding to SARs so don't hold your breath,

If you can answer the questions above I can give you an indication of how strong I think your case is.

Comment

Do you still have the text and if so can you post up the exact wording please?

The exact wording is as follows

UPDATE: Timescales allocated to **Bank** to investigate have now elapsed. We are actively chasing this on your behalf and will update you once we have a response. (this was July 2019)

I then had no response whatsoever until April 1st 2021 nearly two years later asking for payment for their successful claim.

Comment

Also the bank they mentioned, was it the same bank you eventually got the PPI refund from?
                This was the same bank as Allay were 'actively chasing'.

Comment

Ok when did you get Allay's response? As you have 6 months from that point to be able to take it to the Ombudsman.
                  I received this in an email last week.

Comment

Did the bank's letter mention Resolver or Allay (or failing that a date when they received the claim or anything that links one of them) ?
                    This is the only piece if information I can't get my hands on.

Allay chased a smaller ppi (£200 or so) for me from the same bank and it was Allay that let me know that a cheque was on the way. I actually received the invoice for Allay fees before the cheque from the bank.

This time though Allay suggest they were not made aware from the bank about their successful claim until 31/3/21 (the last day that they were chasing PPI claims which is quite nice of the bank to get there in the nick of time).

They somehow managed to miss this 'last minute vitally important' document as part of the final response from my complaint. This is why I am at this stage as I don't believe I should pay the fees to Allay.

Comment

Ok thanks for answering the questions clearly.

Do you have anything in writing to substantiate that you asked Resolver to make the claim or had any communication with resolver in relation to it? I'm just asking what the Ombudsman would ask.

It's tough to guess how the Ombudsman would see this.

If you could post up your complaint and Allay's response, or send it to me at nick@legalbeaglesgroup.com I'll let you know my thoughts and perhaps help you draft a complaint for the Ombudsman.

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                        Ok thanks for answering the questions clearly.

Do you have anything in writing to substantiate that you asked Resolver to make the claim or had any communication with resolver in relation to it? I'm just asking what the Ombudsman would ask.

It's tough to guess how the Ombudsman would see this.

If you could post up your complaint and Allay's response, or send it to me at nick@legalbeaglesgroup.com I'll let you know my thoughts and perhaps help you draft a complaint for the Ombudsman.

Thanks for this. I'll email you now.

Comment

That was a pretty comprehensive response!

But unless you can prove that you made the claim through Resolver I think it's going to be tough to get the Ombudsman to uphold a complaint.

One option is to offer Allay 50% on the basis that they didn't invoice you for such a long time after the PPI. You could say that if they don't accept it you'll go to the Ombudsman. CMCs incur a case fee of about £400 for each complaint the Ombudsman gets regardless of the outcome so they might just be tempted to accept it.

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                            That was a pretty comprehensive response!

But unless you can prove that you made the claim through Resolver I think it's going to be tough to get the Ombudsman to uphold a complaint.

One option is to offer Allay 50% on the basis that they didn't invoice you for such a long time after the PPI. You could say that if they don't accept it you'll go to the Ombudsman. CMCs incur a case fee of about £400 for each complaint the Ombudsman gets regardless of the outcome so they might just be tempted to accept it.

Thank you for your time once again.

At the minute I am awaiting a response from Allay and from the bank after asking for a SAR. I am also waiting for a copy of the case from Resolver too.

Comment

Ok, if you've asked Allay for an SAR they can be a bit slow responding, if at all.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X