• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bank Smart - PPI Claims

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bank Smart - PPI Claims

Hi There,

I would like some advice please on cancelling claims that Smart Bank are accessing on my behalf in regards to PPI claims. I have read numerous threads on this organisation. I keep receiving demanding letters about providing additional information and LOA.

I already provided numerous information and signed LOA documents back in August 2019 and now I wish to cancel the entire claims process with them, as I am feeling harassed by this company.

I have contacted them to ask them to cancel any claims and they said if I do I will owe several thousands of pounds. They have top date only successfully obtained a refund from one lender for £985, and I am waiting for them to invoice me for the 20% plus VAT. I just want to know if they can legally put me in breach of the contract by hounding me for additional documents etc. I am a single parent and I am finding the tone of their letters quite upsetting & unsettling. Any advice would be much appreciated.
    Tags: None

Is anyone able to offer some advice please?

Comment

Hmmm. As you signed Letters of Authority with them, I fear that you may have to just go along with things until the outcome of the claims is finalised. There is normally a 14 day period to cancel once you sign and it sounds as though you are well out of this.
      It may be a case of providing what they ask for. If you haven't got anything, then tell them that and they wont be able to continue with any cases.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue 123 View Post
        Hi There,

I would like some advice please on cancelling claims that Smart Bank are accessing on my behalf in regards to PPI claims. I have read numerous threads on this organisation. I keep receiving demanding letters about providing additional information and LOA.

I already provided numerous information and signed LOA documents back in August 2019 and now I wish to cancel the entire claims process with them, as I am feeling harassed by this company.

I have contacted them to ask them to cancel any claims and they said if I do I will owe several thousands of pounds. They have top date only successfully obtained a refund from one lender for £985, and I am waiting for them to invoice me for the 20% plus VAT. I just want to know if they can legally put me in breach of the contract by hounding me for additional documents etc. I am a single parent and I am finding the tone of their letters quite upsetting & unsettling. Any advice would be much appreciated.
        Hiya

The best thing to do is to make a formal complaint, that way if they reject it you can go to the Claims Management Ombudsman. We can help you draft one but it would be helpful to know a bit more. Can you give a summary of what's happened since August?

Also have they given you a breakdown of the cancelation charges?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X