• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Allay acting on my behalf with no authorisation.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have emailed them again asking them if I can appeal. Who do I contact about Allay not providing me with my DSAR information please? I believe they are legally bound to provide this information?

Comment

Nick I have just sent you the Financial Ombudsman response to my appeal request sent to them this morning. They have basically said the decision would be the same.

Comment

they always say that - but i am awaiting 2 cases now as that statement is not 100% true, if it were then they would not be fit for purpose ( as many quangos in the UK_

Comment

Originally posted by MRB2020 View Post
          Nick I have just sent you the Financial Ombudsman response to my appeal request sent to them this morning. They have basically said the decision would be the same.
          Ok well you could hang tight and see if Allay issue a claim and then defend it. Also if you want to see the signature that Allay sent the Ombudsman, send him an SAR. It might also bring up some other stuff which could come in handy too.

Comment

I will send a DSAR to the Claims Management Ombudsman, my worry is I can’t afford to go to court, more-so pay a higher penalty but this really is so unfair! I also have an ongoing case with the ICO regards Allay not responding to my DSAR requests, I chased today and they confirmed they have my case on record but have a 3 month backlog so it’s not yet been dealt with. This is all such a worry.

Comment

Given that they lost in court so badly recently I would be a little surprised if they issued a claim against you, especially for just 300 quid.

Comment

I’ve not had anything from them since a demand for payment arrived just after 22nd June. I wrote to them for a 2nd time on the 26th June with a 2nd DSAR request enclosed which was signed for on the 3rd July. They have not sent any correspondence since that demand and have not sent my DSAR or responded to my letter. I wondered how long they have to issue a court order? Thank you for all your help. Morwenna

Comment

I’ve not had anything from them since a demand for payment arrived just after 22nd June. I wrote to them for a 2nd time on the 26th June with a 2nd DSAR request enclosed which was signed for on the 3rd July. They have not sent any correspondence since that demand and have not sent my DSAR or responded to my letter. I wondered how long they have to issue a court order? Thank you for all your help. Morwenna

Comment

They'd have 6 years to issue a court claim before it became statute barred.

But like I said I would be surprised if they ever issued a claim.

They're already £550 down by virtue of you going to the Ombudsman regardless that they won Case fees (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

The only reason they would have contested your case with the Ombudsman is to keep their complaint uphold stats down, they're already the worst of any CMC MoneyCheats on Twitter: "Latest complaints data from the regulator shows Allay Claims have the highest uphold rate at 64%, yet @TheFCA still maintains their authorised status! This is on top of the negative @trustpilot reviews which often accuse the CMC of being 'scammers' https://t.co/ERrGouxsqZ" / Twitter

Click image for larger version

Name:	al.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	1556263

Comment

Interesting thank you. This is all information that I was unaware of, much appreciated. I guess it’s just a waiting game. Surely now PPI Claims can no longer be filed, Allay have no purpose?

Comment

I’ve had another letter arrive from Allay chasing the payment they say I owe them. I also received today my digital DSAR data file from the Financial Ombudsman. Not sure what my next move is if any?

Comment

Allaybhave still not sent me my DSAR as requested months ago nor responded to my complaint letters! How come they can keep sending me payment demand letters but not respond to my complaints or DSARs?

Comment

Well it's too late to argue that they've not responded to your complaints because you took the complaint to the Ombudsman.

However as the Ombudsman wouldn't look at the issue of whether the signature was genuine you could go back to Allay and say that you will only consider payment of their invoice once your outstanding SAR has been fully complied with.

Comment

Oh. Well I have complained to every single company I have been told to. Police Fraud Action, the CMC Ombudsmen, the Financial Ombudsmen, Sainsburys Bank, Allay & I am still waiting to hear back from the Information Commissioner’s Office who I was advised deal with companies who have not complied with data breaches. They have a 3 month delay due to coronavirus related remote working. I complained to them at least 3 months ago when Allay did not respond.

Comment

Have you made your concerns known to FCA?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X