• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Allay acting on my behalf with no authorisation.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I contacted the FCA previously in May 2020, I emailed them all my concerns. I then got a response explaining the FCA’s position in these circumstances and followed their advice by contacting Allay directly then complaining to the FCA Ombudsman if I did not get a response. I am in the process of writing to Allay again as you suggested above but I have no idea the right course of action. I feel that the FCA are just leaving people with Allay issues high and dry!

Comment

Well if you want to email the FCA officer responsible for Allay directly I have his email address. Just let me know and I'll send it to you.

Comment

That would be great. Yes please.

Comment

I've PMed you.

Comment

Should I go over everything from the beginning in my email?

Comment

Why not? !!

Comment

Ok, I will do that. Thank you. I will write to Allay as planned too.

Comment

I wrote an email to the contact you gave me, he is referring my case to the Enforcement and Market Oversights Department. They are going to investigate it. It seems like this has brought some attention to Allay which has not come as a surprise to the FCA! Also the ICO came back to me today saying that they were raising the matter with Allay of my data not being provided & that they’ve given them 28 days to respond & will then take it further.

Interesting information direct from your contact at the FCA. Apparently Allay have applied to cancel their FCA approval/authorisation... I wondered what your thoughts were on this?

Comment

Originally posted by MRB2020 View Post
                    I wrote an email to the contact you gave me, he is referring my case to the Enforcement and Market Oversights Department. They are going to investigate it. It seems like this has brought some attention to Allay which has not come as a surprise to the FCA! Also the ICO came back to me today saying that they were raising the matter with Allay of my data not being provided & that they’ve given them 28 days to respond & will then take it further.
                    Nice one.

Interesting information direct from your contact at the FCA. Apparently Allay have applied to cancel their FCA approval/authorisation... I wondered what your thoughts were on this?
                    Yes we did know that, here are my thoughts Allay apply to have their authorisation cancelled - LegalBeagles Forum

Comment

I’ve received this from Allay today? Should I be getting worried? They received my 3rd letter of complaint and DSAR request on 09/02/21 but have not responded. They’ve not responded to the ICO request to contact me within 28 days either? I have gone back to the ICO and reported this today and have sent another email to the contact you gave me at the FCA with this same photo.

i can’t upload the photo as it’s to large, is there any other way I can get it to you?

Comment

You can upload images on a hosting site such as imgur and put the link on here

Comment

I’ve managed to compress the photo to upload it.

Comment

Originally posted by MRB2020 View Post
                            I’ve received this from Allay today? Should I be getting worried?
                            No I wouldn't worry. They know they can't simply ''issue'' county court judgments and warrants of control, they're just trying to scare you into paying.

The chances of them taking you to court for £300 are very small. Just keep plugging away with FCA and ICO.

Comment

.....I'm not sure if we've discussed this before but why don't you send a DSAR to the Claims Management Ombudsman?

Comment

I requested one from the FCA which I had back, is the CMC different again?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X