• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Allay apply to have their authorisation cancelled

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allay apply to have their authorisation cancelled

Allay have applied to the FCA to have their Claims Management license cancelled.

Although this is good news in that they'll be less likely to scam consumers in the future, it's not necessarily good news for existing 'customers'.

They'll still be able to chase people for commission for claims they made when they were authorised and it's likely that they'll sell on existing claims and customer details to other scumbags like Bank Smart.

We're unsure as to how long the Claims Management Ombudsman will continue to accept complaints about them.

We've asked FCA to clarify some of the above points and we'll let you know their response.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Allay.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	1564490

Tags: None

Best news ive heard all day.
    I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Flipping AMAZING news!!! Can't help thinking you played an important role in constantly exposing their horrible conduct - nice result. X
      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
        We've asked FCA to clarify some of the above points and we'll let you know their response.
        Here's the response.

Question: How long do you expect the authorisation cancellation process to take? Days, weeks, months or years?

As the Financial Services Register shows, Allay Claims Ltd has applied to cancel its application for authorisation. Any cancelation will be handled by our Cancellations Team who will conduct a full assessment of the firm’s ability to meet the Threshold Conditions and whether the firm is ready, willing and organised to do so. We do have a Service Level Agreement to complete applications within 12 months or 6 months once an application is complete however, in some cases, we will extend this should further assessment be required. I cannot go into details about Allay’s position because of Section 348 of FSMA.

Question: What & when are Allay's obligations in informing customers of the cancellation of their authorisation?

In terms of obligations for firms to contact customers about the potential wind down of a CMC, please see CMCOB 6.3 (Ceasing regulated claims management activities) which sets out details of a firm’s obligations when cancelling its permission. The FCA Principles set out in PRIN 2 [www.handbook.fca.org.uk/handbook/PRIN/2/1] also applies to regulated firms looking to cancel their permission, this does include keeping customers informed. The Supervision and Cancellation Teams will supervise any potential wind down to ensure consumers are not harmed.

Question: At what point does the Claims Management Ombudsman stop accepting complaints about them?

At the point of cancellation, CMCs will need to have no outstanding liabilities, such as complaints at the Claims Management Ombudsmen. Whilst we cannot go into details about the Allay case, we will ensure that a wind down does handle all the complaints compliantly and that consumers will receive the best possible outcome where possible.

Question: No doubt Allay will be flogging their 'customers' details to other scumbags like Bank Smart but will they be able to transfer claims under legitimate interest?

If any CMC would look at purchasing another client book, we would expect to be notified under SUP 15 as this would be a notable change to the firm’s business plan. As part of any potential transfer, we would look at whether this is compliant with the Data Protection legislation and that consumers were protected as part of any transfer. In respect of consumer contracts and the transferring of client data, assignment is possible if the contracts legally permit this, but we would prefer novation to a new contract as this process has less risk of harm to consumers.

Comment

So the information on Allay's Financial Sevices listing about their application to cancel their authorisation has mysteriously disappeared.

I've asked FCA to clarify what the hell's going on but knowing them I won't get an answer any time soon.

Comment

God moves in mysterious ways

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X